OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
The national media is also up Prime’s ass about his conduct. Hypocrite, bully, etc.

Feinbaum and SAS did their schtick on well documented video, then there’s this:

As I said over and over again all last year in regards to this self promoting egomaniac: be careful what you wish for.
Workedok for Debo Samuel.

It would be one thing if the Broncos were say 8-12 in the league... not near the very bottom of the league. And blanket excluding 25% of the game is nonsense. It is like saying George is an amazing goalie if you exclude all the games he gives up 4+ goals in.
Do me a favor and run Super Bowl XXXII through your algorithm and tell me what happens.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
You can "What If" literally every championship run in history, any sport, any era. It's pretty much pointless. We all know that luck plays a not-insubstantial role in literally every one of them. The Avs fell short in both 1999 and 2000 because they got worn down by the double-whammy of Detroit and Dallas. Lo and behold, the one year both of those teams had shockingly early eliminations, the Avs cruised to their second Stanley Cup win.

So what if Minnesota might have given the Broncos fits? They didn't get a chance to prove it because they didn't make it far enough, because they weren't good enough (or lucky enough) that year to make it to the Super Bowl. And it benefited the Broncos that the team they DID finally face off against was easy pickings. That's luck for ya. But even then you still have to get the job done, it ain't all luck (unless you're the 2019 Blues).

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
You can "What If" literally every championship run in history, any sport, any era. It's pretty much pointless. We all know that luck plays a not-insubstantial role in literally every one of them. The Avs fell short in both 1999 and 2000 because they got worn down by the double-whammy of Detroit and Dallas. Lo and behold, the one year both of those teams had shockingly early eliminations, the Avs cruised to their second Stanley Cup win.

So what if Minnesota might have given the Broncos fits? They didn't get a chance to prove it because they didn't make it far enough, because they weren't good enough (or lucky enough) that year to make it to the Super Bowl. And it benefited the Broncos that the team they DID finally face off against was easy pickings. That's luck for ya. But even then you still have to get the job done, it ain't all luck (unless you're the 2019 Blues).

How were the Falcons easy? They went 14-2 and I wanna say we're top 5 in both points for and points against. I'm pretty sure they were better against the run than the Vikings as well but could be wrong about that.

Broncos were just dominant IMO.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
How were the Falcons easy? They went 14-2 and I wanna say we're top 5 in both points for and points against. I'm pretty sure they were better against the run than the Vikings as well but could be wrong about that.

Broncos were just dominant IMO.
Oh FFS I don't give a f*** about their regular season performance. Like all Reeves-led teams, they got stomped when it mattered the most. That isn't shorting the Broncos one bit, we all know how good that team was. Whether it was a more favorable matchup for them (IMO it was, if nothing else it inspired Elway to elevate his game one last time against his most bitter enemy) or not, y'all can debate that, I don't care.

That game was downright poetic because Reeves did everything he could to stop the Broncos' ground game so that Davis couldn't run roughshod over the Falcons like he did the Packers the year before, daring Elway to beat them in the air. And he did. Quite badly too.

Side note, to this day I believe Terrell Davis was the league's best player from 1997-1999. A shame injuries (f*** you forever Matt Lepsis) did him in when he was still fairly young.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Oh FFS I don't give a f*** about their regular season performance. Like all Reeves-led teams, they got stomped when it mattered the most. That isn't shorting the Broncos one bit, we all know how good that team was. Whether it was a more favorable matchup for them (IMO it was, if nothing else it inspired Elway to elevate his game one last time against his most bitter enemy) or not, y'all can debate that, I don't care.

That game was downright poetic because Reeves did everything he could to stop the Broncos' ground game so that Davis couldn't run roughshod over the Falcons like he did the Packers the year before, daring Elway to beat them in the air. And he did. Quite badly too.

Side note, to this day I believe Terrell Davis was the league's best player from 1997-1999. A shame injuries (f*** you forever Matt Lepsis) did him in when he was still fairly young.

I agree with most of that but think your underselling the Falcons. Regular season matters in football. They beat a 49ers team with Steve Young who was still elite. Beat the Vikings who had an All-Time offense. If the Falcons were easy pickings in the SB than you could say that about alot of teams IMO. They made the SB and lost while drawing the 1st, 2nd, 3rd best offenses in the league in terms of points scored. Atlanta was 4th.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I agree with most of that but think your underselling the Falcons. Regular season matters in football. They beat a 49ers team with Steve Young who was still elite. Beat the Vikings who had an All-Time offense. If the Falcons were easy pickings in the SB than you could say that about alot of teams IMO. They made the SB and lost while drawing the 1st, 2nd, 3rd best offenses in the league in terms of points scored. Atlanta was 4th.
You will never, ever convince me that an NFL team with Chris f***ing Chandler and Dan Reeves as the coach was ever going to win the big one. I don't care how good their numbers were.

And yes, I know the Broncos were once beat in the Super Bowl by Doug Williams. Big difference there, the Redcommanders had a legit coach.

Again, the Broncos steamrolled 'em and the outcome was never in doubt. The fact that Reeves reverted back to being a whiny bitch right before the game made it all the more satisfying, and no doubt Elway and Shanahan relished it.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
You will never, ever convince me that an NFL team with Chris f***ing Chandler and Dan Reeves as the coach was ever going to win the big one. I don't care how good their numbers were.

And yes, I know the Broncos were once beat in the Super Bowl by Doug Williams. Big difference there, the Redcommanders had a legit coach.

Again, the Broncos steamrolled 'em and the outcome was never in doubt. The fact that Reeves reverted back to being a whiny bitch right before the game made it all the more satisfying, and no doubt Elway and Shanahan relished it.

Fair enough. Never going to defend Reeves and the Chandler point is certainly fair but the Falcons had a difficult path to the SB and got there and lost to a very dominant team. I just can't call a team who was that good over the previous 18 games easy pickings when all the numbers amd matchups suggest otherwise lol

Can see the argument and would agree with the Vikings over them but that's about it.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022

I won tickets at the down town hooters for that preseason where TD ruined his knee. Never went to another broncos game.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I won tickets at the down town hooters for that preseason where TD ruined his knee. Never went to another broncos game.
Unless we’re talking about different incidents, the Lepsis thing that pretty much spelled the end of TD as an NFL regular happened in the fourth game of the regular season against the Jets. I was there in person to watch it. So depressing. I remember leaving and seeing Mile High in a totally dilapidated state since they were getting ready to tear it down and build Invesco/Sports Authority/whatever it’s called now. The entire place was covered in rust. Kind of analogous to what the Broncos became post-Super Bowl XXXIII.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Unless we’re talking about different incidents, the Lepsis thing that pretty much spelled the end of TD as an NFL regular happened in the fourth game of the regular season against the Jets. I was there in person to watch it. So depressing. I remember leaving and seeing Mile High in a totally dilapidated state since they were getting ready to tear it down and build Invesco/Sports Authority/whatever it’s called now. The entire place was covered in rust. Kind of analogous to what the Broncos became post-Super Bowl XXXIII.
It goes by Empower Field at Mile High now....

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I really hate that name. I'd even prefer something like "Del taco stadium".
The entire "@ Mile High" is lame and pretentious to begin with. Either call it "Mile High Stadium" or just leave it a corporate name. I'm more a slave to nostalgia than I'd ever like to admit but Mile High Stadium is long since gone, just like Big Mac, we just need to move on.

Reactions: sethro109

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
This stupid Uncle Rico argument (“if coach would have put me in for the 4th quarter, we would have won state.”) is going still?

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
The entire "@ Mile High" is lame and pretentious to begin with. Either call it "Mile High Stadium" or just leave it a corporate name. I'm more a slave to nostalgia than I'd ever like to admit but Mile High Stadium is long since gone, just like Big Mac, we just need to move on.
Here here! They should just call it Mile High Stadium. That name is iconic.

Reactions: sethro109

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
Such misplaced anger! All Lepsis did was hustle to make a tackle.

The blame and the f*** you forever belongs with Brian Griese, who's weak shitty arm teamed with a painful lack of judgment threw the interception that caused the whole thing.

Trevor Pryce (a mild mannered guy) will always be one of my favorite Broncos thanks to the time he punched out Griese at a team party at Terrell Davis' house. Trevor, you're the man!

Reactions: Avsrule2022

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
IMG_5058.png

I still think he’s going to have a winning team one day. We’ll see, though

Reactions: katfude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events