OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I always found it cool, in prior Olympics, how excited I'd get watching volleyball. It somehow reminds me of a bit of baseball. It has the intelligence, planning and strategy of baseball combined with a different but equally, if not more, impressive athletic abilities but doesn't come with the penalty of a 7-and-a-half-hour game time.
You were in the Navy. That tracks.

0hZzT1.gif

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Its a little surprising that Edwards isnt starting since Frances weakness is allegedly their back court.

The US is going back to LeBron ball.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
It’s weird to see Durant, at 7ft, look up to a 7’4 clone of himself.

Steph Curry, Anthony Davis, and Kevin Durant were USAs best players.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Steph Curry, nan. The greatest shooter I've ever seen.

He’s great. No doubt. But the hand check rules enacted around 05 have greatly impacted shooters on the perimeter. Reggie Miller or Larry Bird under these rules? What’s the point of dissecting that? It will always be a big what if.

Incidentally, what’s weird is that the GM of the Timbrrwolves took two or three PGs in the first round of Currys draft class. At least 2 of them were before Curry. It’s funny how David Kahn thought he was re-inventing the draft by cornering the market on PGs but overlooked the best one twice.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This men's Olympic tournament was amazing. So competitive with a lot of entertaining games.

Unfortunately, the Canadian team disappointed in a big way but at least I got to watch some good basketball. As a basketball fan it was nice to see LeBron, Steph, and KD have those moments together.

He’s great. No doubt. But the hand check rules enacted around 05 have greatly impacted shooters on the perimeter. Reggie Miller or Larry Bird under these rules? What’s the point of dissecting that? It will always be a big what if.

Incidentally, what’s weird is that the GM of the Timbrrwolves took two or three PGs in the first round of Currys draft class. At least 2 of them were before Curry. It’s funny how David Kahn thought he was re-inventing the draft by cornering the market on PGs but overlooked the best one twice.

I think Steph is one of those guys whose era proof. Hand checking isn't going to change much when he's capable of shooting from the logo. IMO, he's the greatest shooter ever and I don't even think it's debatable.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
This men's Olympic tournament was amazing. So competitive with a lot of entertaining games.

Unfortunately, the Canadian team disappointed in a big way but at least I got to watch some good basketball. As a basketball fan it was nice to see LeBron, Steph, and KD have those moments together.

I think Steph is one of those guys whose era proof. Hand checking isn't going to change much when he's capable of shooting from the logo. IMO, he's the greatest shooter ever and I don't even think it's debatable.

The 2017 Warriors vs 90s Bulls debate always ends up in the same place: the Dobermans. The Bulls perimeter defense was nicknamed the Dobermans for a reason. Sure. Let him get a shot off with Jordan/Pippen/Harper taking away his space. Let him get the Kukoc treatment.

At this point, LeBron is a figurehead coattail riding Steph and Kevin.

Reactions: katfude

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I wish the media would get out of LeBron’s jock strap. He’s not the best ever. He’s not the best on this US team. And he’s not even the best player in the Western Conference right now (Jokic is).
You got me thinking about ranking NBA players and I realize just how woefully unintelligent I am of the modern era. Does the NBA media attempt to rank players across generations like the NHL? Is there say a top 50 or top 25 players of all time list that is more or less universally agreed upon?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The 2017 Warriors vs 90s Bulls debate always ends up in the same place: the Dobermans. The Bulls perimeter defense was nicknamed the Dobermans for a reason. Sure. Let him get a shot off with Jordan/Pippen/Harper taking away his space. Let him get the Kukoc treatment.

At this point, LeBron is a figurehead coattail riding Steph and Kevin.

Not sure what any of this has to do with Curry being the best shooter ever. I wasn't debating how him or his team would do against one specific team. You moved the goal posts on that one.

LeBron was USA's best player all tournament. I think Joker was the best player overall, once again showed why he's clearly the best player in the world, and probably should've been MVP. However, if they weren't going to give MVP to someone who didn't win gold then LeBron deserved it.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Got to love being blacked out of the Broncos game, when I live in the local area. Great job, not providing the game to the people who have DirecTV. Kind of f***ed up.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Yeah cause I keep antenna handy for situations like this... Shouldn't be hard for them provide an option to watch to the 2nd largest provider in Colorado.
The preseason games air on the same channel every year. It's your own fault if you didn't notice you don't have that channel. Antennas are cheap and readily available, figure it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad