OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I'd still advocate for Olympic sports being sports where the Olympics is the pinnacle, and most sought after medal/trophy/whatever.

Like the World Cup clearly means more than the Olympics for football (soccer), ditto for Rugby (even 7s format).

Is this a veiled way of saying you want darts and snooker in the Olympics?

• Haha
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
I’ve enjoyed these Olympics so far. I really
seem to like handball and I’ve enjoyed watching women’s field hockey.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
How different is handball from jai alai? I've only managed to see a few minutes of handball here and there on TV but spent summers in Florida and watched a ton of Jai Alai growing up. Man, it was a different world in the 80s, I was like 10-12 years old and placing bets on jai alai and nobody blinked.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
How different is handball from jai alai? I've only managed to see a few minutes of handball here and there on TV but spent summers in Florida and watched a ton of Jai Alai growing up. Man, it was a different world in the 80s, I was like 10-12 years old and placing bets on jai alai and nobody blinked.
The best comparison I have for Team Handball is Water Polo...without the water.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Sounds fun. I honestly have no idea! I’ve never watched Jai Alai before.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
I wish fencing were a more fun sport to watch.

Also, Pentathlon gets exiled by TV here because the Americans are never any good at it while all the other Track and Field events are front-and-center, but that'd be one I wish we could see as well.
I honestly love most of it. I find it hard to choose between each sport

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'd like to see the MMA become an Olympic sport.

Also, I like fencing, but it would be cool to see it expanded into different sword and fighting styles. I'd like to watch a duel between cutlasses (pirate fight!), sabers (calvary) and katanas (ninjas!!!). Hell, throw a little off hand boxing and kicking into the mix for good measure.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
I'd like to see the MMA become an Olympic sport.

Also, I like fencing, but it would be cool to see it expanded into different sword and fighting styles. I'd like to watch a duel between cutlasses (pirate fight!), sabers (calvary) and katanas (ninjas!!!). Hell, throw a little off hand boxing and kicking into the mix for good measure.
Haha, I like watching MMA too

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Nix had a really good day at Dove Valley today apparently.

It’s kind of refreshing not to hear about Russell Wilson and his fake quotes every f’ing day day during training camp.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Nix had a really good day at Dove Valley today apparently.

It’s kind of refreshing not to hear about Russell Wilson and his fake quotes every f’ing day day during training camp.
I'm hooked on Bo Nix!!!!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Winter Olympics are a huge step up from the Summer for me; so many more interesting sports. One of the major problems is that there are way too many water and running lengths. I don't care that a USA woman set a record or something in 200 m, 300 m, 400 m, and 450 m distances. Speed skating has the same problem, but that crazy speed skating where you got like 8 skaters on the track and it is all out warfare is wonderful to watch.

I wish fencing were a more fun sport to watch.
Fencing is an awesome sport, I feel that your description is a perfect example of archery and volleyball. I respect both sports, but I tried to watch it and got bored and changed the channel.

This is my opinion, but I think handball is probably the stupidest sport on the planet that has a legit following for me. Play futbol, baskebtall, or Gaelic football, don't make a sport that is just a mixture of everything.

I would love to see floorball in the summer Olympics. If field hockey, ping-pong, 3v3 basketball, artistic swimming, and sailing are "classified" as sports, floorball is equally or more athletically demanding than all of those.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Winter Olympics are a huge step up from the Summer for me; so many more interesting sports. One of the major problems is that there are way too many water and running lengths. I don't care that a USA woman set a record or something in 200 m, 300 m, 400 m, and 450 m distances. Speed skating has the same problem, but that crazy speed skating where you got like 8 skaters on the track and it is all out warfare is wonderful to watch.

Agreed. Short Track is a wonderfully chaotic sport. I'm shocked there aren't more major injuries given how many crashes there are involving guys wearing minimal padding and gigantic, extremely sharp blades on their feet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad