Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Still the reigning champs for the rest for the day:

1718380295204.png

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Anyone watch the Broncos minicamp? I’ve been away in Europe for the last three weeks but this is what I heard?

- McLaughlin is pushing for the #1 back job and Javonte was taking third team reps

- Stidham is #1 right now, Nix #2 and Wilson a distant third?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Anyone watch the Broncos minicamp? I’ve been away in Europe for the last three weeks but this is what I heard?

- McLaughlin is pushing for the #1 back job and Javonte was taking third team reps

- Stidham is #1 right now, Nix #2 and Wilson a distant third?
Wilson is a Stealer now.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That bunker shot by Bryson was an all timer. Just an unreal shot at the biggest moment. Bryson earned the F out of this.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
3 hours later and still gutted for Rory. He absolutely choked that one away. Let the pressure get to him.

Amazing shot by Bryson to seal the win.

That bunker shot by Bryson was an all timer. Just an unreal shot at the biggest moment. Bryson earned the F out of this.

Mix of earned, last bunker up and down, and luck.

No way he catches -8 if Rory doesn’t go long on 15. 3 putt 16. And yip 18.

It was mainly a choke job and Bryson did enough to claim the win.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
The next time we hear from Rory will be super interesting. Will he own the choke? Will he be defiant to win the Open. Will he go into a dark period of bad play. No way around it was DEVASTATING to lose like that after 10 years of failure.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
3 hours later and still gutted for Rory. He absolutely choked that one away. Let the pressure get to him.

Amazing shot by Bryson to seal the win.

Mix of earned, last bunker up and down, and luck.

No way he catches -8 if Rory doesn’t go long on 15. 3 putt 16. And yip 18.

It was mainly a choke job and Bryson did enough to claim the win.
Rory choked for sure and frankly his jetting out of town as quickly as possible was terrible. Even Van de Velde faced the music. Rory as a top figure should have too. He has nobody to blame but himself.

Bryson though, he was fantastic all week. When others stumbled, he was simply scrambling incredibly well, saving pars, and making putts. He was not perfect yesterday, but his ability to consistently make par when getting out of position was impressive. He was the best on the course this week and earned that win.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Rory choked for sure and frankly his jetting out of town as quickly as possible was terrible. Even Van de Velde faced the music. Rory as a top figure should have too. He has nobody to blame but himself.

Bryson though, he was fantastic all week. When others stumbled, he was simply scrambling incredibly well, saving pars, and making putts. He was not perfect yesterday, but his ability to consistently make par when getting out of position was impressive. He was the best on the course this week and earned that win.

I would have liked to have Rory stick around, but I don’t think it’s a bad look to leave after what happened. He doesn’t owe anyone anything.

Bryson for sure played well and I’m glad he didn’t get TOI on 18 and actually saved that par.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I would have liked to have Rory stick around, but I don’t think it’s a bad look to leave after what happened. He doesn’t owe anyone anything.

Bryson for sure played well and I’m glad he didn’t get TOI on 18 and actually saved that par.

It is a pretty bad look... like Lexi at Olympic getting heat, Rory should absolutely get heat for it. Many guys have choked away and then done media. Many have lost close tournaments and faced it. Whether it is fair or not, Rory's status means more. He should speak. He should congratulate Bryson (at absolute minimum that should be expected). It is poor sportsmanship and poor treatment of the fans and sport. I rather like Rory and would love to see him win another major. I was cheering for him to pull this off. This was simply a bad choice on his part.

Bryson pulling all of that off on 18 will make it finish that everybody will remember. If he got relief, it wouldn't have been nearly as epic.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
It is a pretty bad look... like Lexi at Olympic getting heat, Rory should absolutely get heat for it. Many guys have choked away and then done media. Many have lost close tournaments and faced it. Whether it is fair or not, Rory's status means more. He should speak. He should congratulate Bryson (at absolute minimum that should be expected). It is poor sportsmanship and poor treatment of the fans and sport. I rather like Rory and would love to see him win another major. I was cheering for him to pull this off. This was simply a bad choice on his part.

Bryson pulling all of that off on 18 will make it finish that everybody will remember. If he got relief, it wouldn't have been nearly as epic.

Agreed I would have liked to have seen him congratulate Bryson. But besides that I don’t think he would have given us much more at a presser. He already has done numerous ones after defeats.

I am more interested in his upcoming weeks and how he looks at The Open. Last time he choked at Augusta he came back and dominated the USO. Will he do that or shrink away.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Derrick White winning the title is the only good thing about this Celtics championship

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Probably the best player ever to play. Only Ruth or Bonds compare.
Barry was comparable offensively but on his best day he couldn't carry Willie's glove to the ballpark. And that isn't underselling Barry's defensive greatness in his younger days, either. Willie was just without any peers on defense.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Barry was comparable offensively but on his best day he couldn't carry Willie's glove to the ballpark. And that isn't underselling Barry's defensive greatness in his younger days, either. Willie was just without any peers on defense.
Barry was better offensively which is saying a ton. Mays deserves all the praise. One player I’d go back in time to just watch. Bob Gibson being another.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
Barry was better offensively which is saying a ton. Mays deserves all the praise. One player I’d go back in time to just watch. Bob Gibson being another.
It must have been 1972 and my father was picking up Mets tickets at Will Call. Gibson vs Seaver. Nine-inning game in way less than 2 hours. Gibson and Seaver were all business; pitch, then be ready to pitch again. Not like the prima donnas today. But I digress. Shea Stadium was an old concrete bunker, designed less with quality in mind that speeed and cheapness of concrete. The Will Call window shared a vestibule with the player's exit from the locker room. I was a bit pissed because the game was about to start, and we did not have tickets. The players were on the CCTV warming up on the field. Except for Willie Mays. For whaever reason, he took a step out of the locker room to deal with a relative. But he saw me - an 11 year old, and walked over to me. Signed my glove, while he should have been shagging flies with his.

In that one afternoon, I got to see Seaver, Gibson, and Mays. (As memory serves, my father who was blasted up in the Diamond Club ( I did not know that as an 11-year-old) bribed the groundskeepers after the game, so that my cousin and I could run the bases. Imagine trying to pull THAT off these days!)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad