OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
REJOICE! The single worst umpire in MLB history, and possible the worst official in any sport, Angel Hernandez, is retiring. Interesting timing though. Why now? Not like I’m complaining though.

He was also an asshole to boot so I’ve no sympathy for that guy. Apparently the Athletic did some puff profile piece on him just days ago. I’ll have to check that out.
I would be worth the it for MLB to give him a raise to retire.

Reactions: The Moops

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
"season ticket" prices for the Outlaws are outrageous.

Because the league is still on a touring model, the whole league (minus bye week teams) plays in a different single market every weekend. The Outlaws will play here on August 9 and August 10, but in both cases it's a double header with an out of market game. So they're essentially charging you for four games, even though only two involve our home team.

To see both Outlaws games the minimum cost is 125 dollars per seat. That's $62.50 per seat per home game. Even if you divide that by 2 to cover the double headers, that's still $31.50 per person per game for the cheapest seat in the house.

By comparison, my season seats for the Mammoth this year were 17 bucks per person per game. And they didn't make me pay for any dumbass games between two out of market teams.

I hope this touring model goes away soon. The Outlaws used to draw 6-12K per regular home game and as many as 31K on the 4th of July for fireworks, and they played 6-7 home games per year at reasonable prices. Now they're stuck at DU's lacrosse stadium which holds under 3,000 people for only two home games.

Hopefully Kroenke buys them and they can have a permanent, full time home at the soccer stadium.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Ant is a great player but he has a lot of growing up to do before crowning him the next face of the NBA. It’s one thing to have the insane swagger when he’s winning but his sore loser lack of accountability act is incredibly off putting and just a bad all around look. Luka is a madman on the court but knows how to be a much more humble likeable guy off it while still having personality, Ant could learn a lot from him

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Most of the Wolves shake hands with the Mavs but Edwards walks off in a display of poor sportsmanship.
Has it ever happened in the NHL where someone has just left the ice at the end of a series?

I feel like if a guy did that in hockey he’d get blown up for it somewhere down the line.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Has it ever happened in the NHL where someone has just left the ice at the end of a series?

I feel like if a guy did that in hockey he’d get blown up for it somewhere down the line.
In 2003 when the Duck's swept the Red Wings, Chelios only shook the hands of the other team's coaches and then went to the locker room before the players handshake.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

Didn't Crosby not shake some of the Dead Things hands once?

Also the infamous one:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Can't remember which Red Wing it was, but someone was lamenting the fact they shook Pepe's hand after back in the 90s.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Dino Ciccirelli.

He has to be thankful everyday that he was before meetoo. I’m not to broken up about Roy giving him a bris.

As for bitterness in bball defeat, here’s the most infamous example:

I jumped on the Jordan bandwagon like everyone else but mostly I just despised that Pistons team. Bill Laimbeer…dirtiest player in NBA history, though I think my old man would argue that John Stockton was.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Ive never understood the Stockton hate. Dude was scrappy but I never saw him as dirty.

Boy do I miss 80s and 90s basketball. Those truly were the golden years of the NBA.

Reactions: SB and The Moops

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think the skill is obviously WAY better in today's game - as is natural with progression of sports - but man does it seem like there is so much wasted potential amongst players/teams because they focus so much on shooting 3s.

Reactions: SB

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I never did. The overexposure was off putting to me. Once he retired, the Kobe Era the NBA was just a husk.
I more or less ignored basketball after Jordan. The Kobe/Shaq Lakers and Duncan-era Spurs were unwatchable to me at the time. Once Curry and others started showing up (and the Nuggets began their rise) I started paying attention again.

But I did enjoy watching 23 do his thing even though I agree, the hype could be off-putting.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I think the skill is obviously WAY better in today's game - as is natural with progression of sports - but man does it seem like there is so much wasted potential amongst players/teams because they focus so much on shooting 3s.

I am holding out hope that the game improves because of some of the talents of big men lately like Jokic. After Jordan the game seemed to go really heavy on isolation ball - I remember watching Steve Francis with Houston and it just sucked…..the Rockets were terrible and he would just take the ball and play one on one while the other 4 guys watched. Then it seemed to go to pick n roll with the other guys standing at the three point line but now with Joker the passing game with back cuts and slashes to the basket seems to be coming back a little bit? I have hope. But watching half the team just stand at the three point line while 2-3 guys actually move I agree is quite boring.

Reactions: Markster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad