OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies etc…Part VII

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I get the CFB over the NFL posts I see in this thread. I've done some sports bets lately with my buddy for fun and I've watched some smooth games in college. But there's one thing that is apparent, the kicking so effing bad. That's one thing that the NFL is so superior in, cutting out all the trash kickers by weeding them out. You get blokes making 50 yard kicks in the NFL and in college you have hilarious lads missing 6 yard kicks lol.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I get the CFB over the NFL posts I see in this thread. I've done some sports bets lately with my buddy for fun and I've watched some smooth games in college. But there's one thing that is apparent, the kicking so effing bad. That's one thing that the NFL is so superior in, cutting out all the trash kickers by weeding them out. You get blokes making 50 yard kicks in the NFL and in college you have hilarious lads missing 6 yard kicks lol.
My elementary P.E teacher always used to say "Kickers are the biggest joke in football, until your team needs one". I think he was a kicker in college.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
My elementary P.E teacher always used to say "Kickers are the biggest joke in football, until your team needs one". I think he was a kicker in college.
Definitely. I always see them as the most awkward, white and nerdy elements to a team but they are so utterly important when it comes to winning games, especially in the playoffs when the teams are so much closer.

Reactions: sethro109

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Didn't think I'd be entering Fall thinking the Nuggets of all the teams I root for would be in the biggest (potential) trouble, but here we are.
Avs were about 10 days ago, weren't they? Stuff happens but two-game losing streaks are not exactly rarities.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
We're going to have to deal with an angry re-focused Baltimore squad..... I can't believe they let the 2024 Browns led by Jameis Winston beat them.
I don't know if I buy this. The Ravens are just a ridiculously inconsistent team and have been throughout the Lamar era. The ultimate can beat or lose to anyone team. The one crazy, means nothing trend for them is they almost always beat NFC teams. So makes me wonder do they really "focus" on a game, especially when they have two divisional games following it? And for that matter, will the Broncos be "focused" on this one or the Chiefs game after it? Its the NFL, I think teams just take it one week at a time and don't get too focused on any game unless its some hyped revenge situation. Even then its probably nothing like this thinking.

I do wonder about the Broncos ability to hold up against the Ravens offense because of their aggressive nature going after the run and seeing how other teams QBs have gotten big runs against them. Even Minshew was getting first down runs on third and long. Seems like advantage Lamar.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Well, this morning was rough, my 4-year-old's soul was exchanged overnight for that of an undead Banshee from Ireland, but despite all day I'm still having a better day than Tyrique Stevenson.

On another note, cannot WAIT to see all the people dressed up for Halloween as the Dwayne Wade statue.

• Haha
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Speaking of statues....when are the Avs going to honor the player who truly made the franchise a premier cup favorite.

Eric Lindros.

I remember when the Pepsi Center was building the brick wall outside and allowing folks (I think it was season ticket holders) to have them inscribed. I kept offering folks $50 to have theirs inscribed, "Welcome to the house Eric Lindros built."

Folks laughed, but nobody took me up on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad