OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies etc…Part VII

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
It'll open up some money though right. Allow us to spend on the right stuff..
How does that help a rookie qb this year, bolles contract expires this year. So his money will be able to be spent next year 16million? Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense if you’re thinking no nix can play you don’t do this

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Truth be told a good possession tight end would be huge for Bo. Duluich is not that and has been essentially been benched.
he’s not benched - dude has been inactive I think the last two weeks because he’s so terrible. Their TEs are atrocious. Would be excusable if you just had a bunch of fat dudes playing TE paving the way for a strong running game but that’s not even the case.

Definitely think their TE room is the worst on the team and it truly shows on Sundays.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
When do we quest Payton's playcalling? It's not a coincidence both Russ and Nix looked better once they basically abandoned the game plans.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
When do we quest Payton's playcalling? It's not a coincidence both Russ and Nix looked better once they basically abandoned the game plans.
Teams always look better in garbage time against a prevent defense. That's the point of a prevent defense, to trade completions for time.

Payton is a clown but the idea that we're looking better in the 4th for any other reason than because we're down two scores late in the game is nonsense.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nugs preseason game 3 report:
-Hunter Tyson 0/6 shooting while opponents shot approximately 5000% against him
-Poor shooting night from Saric and Russ
-Collin Gillespie playing for the Suns showed us why we should've kept him over Spencer Jones or Jalen Pickett
-Joker looked like Joker
-Strawther continues to pass all these early tests

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I love Payton as a HC. I don't love him so much as an OC. I think he needs to recognize that and hire some talent that respects his philosophy but modernizes it with more consistency in play to play calls. He can still come up with wrinkles that throw teams off but the plays are just too predictable in most situations. The lack of good play action and use of motion are telling.

Rookie with good wheels needs those aspects of an offense to be much more effective. A designed run off a RPO look would do wonders with loosening up the inside pinch defense most are wisely using in early downs. Having underneath receivers run up and go patterns with a pump fake would absolutely kill it if Nix has enough time to throw. I know they want to keep things simple and close like Parcells but come on they are a mess for the first half game after game save for one. Call it take off the training wheels if you want but it's just taking advantage of aggressive tight boxes which can be beaten if you take shots early and often.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
First downs per pass attempt among all 556 quarterbacks who have attempted at least 100 passes in their first six team games since 2007
t-564. Bo Nix, this season
566. DeShaun Watson, this season

Historical levels of offensive futility.

And this is with the three garbage time games (1, 2, 6) severely padding his stats. Here's what he looks like when you filter out garbage time:
GZ31NZAb0AASaiK

Last edited:
Reactions: Avs_19 and madman

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
First downs per pass attempt among all 556 quarterbacks who have attempted at least 100 passes in their first six team games since 2007
t-564. Bo Nix, this season
566. DeShaun Watson, this season

Historical levels of offensive futility.

And this is with the three garbage time games (1, 2, 6) severely padding his stats. Here's what he looks like when you filter out garbage time:
GZ31NZAb0AASaiK

Look at my boy Sam Darnold. 😎

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad