OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies etc…Part VII

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Random question to Rockies fans: who do y'all like/who's good? I've been playing MLB The Show, and I've been playing as the Rockies for shits because I barely know anyone so it doesn't matter.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Main takeaways for today's Nugs preseason game:
-Jamal still doesn't look right
-Vlatko's knee looked really good. He made some bonehead plays but physically he was all there, so it should just be a matter of time
-Trey had an okay game, obviously much harder against NBA dudes
-Jones had about as bad of a 4 minute debut stretch as you can have
-Tyson is still terrible
-Pickett is still terrible
-PJ Hall barely played, made one awful turnover
-I would say Strawther looked the best of the young guys
-Russ brought energy, made great passes, but I don't really need to see him take 6 three pointers. Glad he made 3, but take fewer please.
-Saric didn't really rebound but he looked smooth on offense
-Joker is still Joker

Other than that it was super vanilla. No two PG sets, no Joker and Saric sets, no MPJ at the 4, Watson didn't make the trip.

Reactions: katfude

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
If this is a preview of what’s to come we are in trouble. Russ is an artisan bricklayer from the arc.
The problem is we need to get the attempts from somewhere. We were last in the league in attempts last year and we lost a ton of the attempts we did make with KCP, Holiday, and Jackson gone.

Basically we need Saric, Vlatko, and Braun to be flamethrowers from 3 this year and we need MPJ and Murray to have good years by their own high standards. And we need a bounceback year from Joker on 3s too. And Strawther has to hit shots.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Basically we need Saric, Vlatko, and Braun to be flamethrowers from 3 this year and we need MPJ and Murray to have good years by their own high standards. And we need a bounceback year from Joker on 3s too. And Strawther has to hit shots.
Been reading that Strawther has been shooting the lights out this summer. If Strawther or Braun doesn’t pan out this year I think we are hosed.

Did ya notice Nnaji can’t even crack the 2nd team? Calvin Booth sucks.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Been reading that Strawther has been shooting the lights out this summer. If Strawther or Braun doesn’t pan out this year I think we are hosed.

Did ya notice Nnaji can’t even crack the 2nd team? Calvin Booth sucks.
Nnaji definitely sucks, but the reason he didn't play until garbage time today is because Boston played two seven footers. DJ is the sub against heavies, Zeke will play against smallball centers.

The rotation is pretty much set.

Starters:
1. Jokic (C)
2. Murray (PG/SG)
3. Gordon (PF/SF/smallball C)
4. Porter (SF/PF)
5. Braun (SG/PG/SF)

Main bench rotation:
6. Westbrook (PG)
7. Saric (C/PF)
8. Watson (SF/PF)
9. Strawther (SG/SF/PG)
10. Cancar (PF/SF/smallball C)

We're so thin at guard that we very well may end up with Braun or Strawther playing some PG minutes at some point. And we know Malone won't be able to resist playing Murray and Russ together sometimes, which probably slides Braun or Strawther to the 3 and Mike to the 4 in some contexts.

Situational:
11. Alexander (two-way, but he's the only playable emergency PG or SG)
12. Nnaji (PF/C)
13. Jordan (C)

Deep bench:
14. Tyson (SF/PF)
15. Pickett (PG)
16. Hall (two-way, C/PF)
17. Jones (two-way, SF)

Out for the season:
18. Holmes (PF/C)

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Random question to Rockies fans: who do y'all like/who's good? I've been playing MLB The Show, and I've been playing as the Rockies for shits because I barely know anyone so it doesn't matter.
Use Toglia. He'll deliver a strikeout 9 times and a homer once. I'm guessing that's what you want right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad