OT: Other Sports aka CSU Football Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Couple things, apparently it was after an interception that Colts player brought ball to the sideline and their equipment guy noticed the difference. And each team supplies balls for their own offense.

This likely will all go away because unless they can directly prove intent will be tough to bring down the axe. Maybe a fine or something but they will scapegoat the ball boy or the equipment or something. Unless there is more they can uncover.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It didn't change the game in any way, but it just continues the Patriots' trend of bending the rules as far as they can. If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying. :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Dungy's Bucs were infamous for blocking positional coaches from coordinator interviews. They can't block HC interviews, but the NFL never does change the rule about teams blocking OC/DC interviews, even though people murmur about it every summer.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Dungy's Bucs were infamous for blocking positional coaches from coordinator interviews. They can't block HC interviews, but the NFL never does change the rule about teams blocking OC/DC interviews, even though people murmur about it every summer.

NFL needs to change that rule, it would help diversity in the coaching ranks if there was a wider selection of candidates. Certainly more effective than the "Rooney Rule."

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
NFL needs to change that rule, it would help diversity in the coaching ranks if there was a wider selection of candidates. Certainly more effective than the "Rooney Rule."

Oh no doubt, but it's something that never seems to get enough steam to actually happen. People talk about it almost every summer and then the NFL just does nothing.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Seven teams talking to Grayson.

Good to see, I hope he does well in the NFL. I'd love to see him in orange and blue, even as a backup like Hanie or Van Pelt.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
interesting that 4 of them are LB's

That might be because the Broncos retained Greg Richardson as LBs coach and he was able to get to Mobile.

They also met with Minnesota running back David Cobb, Ohio State wide receiver Devin Smith and Bismo Funyons Florida State.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I'm not saying it's a bad thing. Just surprised they are going in that direction. But I guess they've been painted into a corner thanks to Cincy.

If they do get him, at least they'll know he's not angling for a HC job like Del Rio.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
that was inevitable......but back to a 3-4? hmm

Wade's 3-4 is basically just the same 4-3 under you used to play with Von and Doom because it's based on penetration at the line. The gaps they attack are exactly the same and the only difference is that one of the edge guys doesn't have his hand in the dirt.

I have gripes about butterball's ability to keep his players motivated, but in his first season Wade has yet to fail to turn his defense into a top tier unit.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I have gripes about butterball's ability to keep his players motivated, .

That's been more of a problem when he's been a head coach.

I like the D Line in a 3-4 if they can retain Knighton. However, they will need at least another LB through Free Agency or the draft with injury questions and being unknown quantities inside for Trevathan and Marshall.

Hard not to be excited about this hire:
Defensive line coach Bill Kollar has left the Texans for the same position with the Denver Broncos.

Kollar, 62, thanked coach Bill O’Brien for letting him out of his contract even though it was a lateral move. Kollar wanted to be close to his two sons and grandchildren who reside in Denver. He’ll be reunited with Gary Kubiak, the Broncos’ new head coach.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Eh, it's more pronounced as a HC, but even as a DC his units tend to run out of steam the longer he sticks around. Still a very good DC who I wanted the giants to talk to before Spags became a real possibility and the Allen rumors got started, and a perfect guy to bring in for one last hurrah with Peyton, because of how quickly he can implement his defense successfully. But even in this role I have my questions about his ability to maintain control of the locker-room and the energy boost he brings in when he arrives.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Don't want Wade. Sorry, at that point it really looks like we aren't even considering guys who don't have previous history with the franchise or with Kubiak's Texans. I'd prefer to see a little more new blood to get players excited.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Don't want Wade. Sorry, at that point it really looks like we aren't even considering guys who don't have previous history with the franchise or with Kubiak's Texans. I'd prefer to see a little more new blood to get players excited.

That's silly. Wade is a much better DC than anyone else you can get and will excite the players a lot more than some no-name who doesn't have history with teh broncos or kubiak.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Shwartz is the only other name sticking out.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm sure it's Kubiak's call, and he's got to be surrounded by people he can work with immediately. Hence bringing in guys with history.

Maybe it's not the best thing in the world for the franchise, but it happens in both sports and business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad