OT: Other Sports 83

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I hated Yankee's growing up but really don't care now

The 90's Yankee dominance was long time ago at this point and Red Sox are more insufferable franchise/fanbase now

I am just glad Yankees took out Detroit and Cleveland

As for NL don't really feel strongly about any teams outside of not wanting to see Cubs win so Dodgers back in WS doesn't bother me

Should be hopefully good series. MLB will love the ratings this should bring and in end its good for sport to have a matchup like Yankees vs Dodgers

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
RIP

Dodgers had some real good young aces come up in 80's

Valenzuela
Hershiser
Welch
Martinez (Ramon)

Could have continued if the organization hadn't botched its assessment of Pedro Martinez in early nineties

From Lasorda believing he couldn't be a starter in MLB and use him in pen to GM Fred Claire making that disastrous decision to trade him to Montreal for 2B Delino Deshields

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Could have continued if the organization hadn't botched its assessment of Pedro Martinez in early nineties

From Lasorda believing he couldn't be a starter in MLB and use him in pen to GM Fred Claire making that disastrous decision to trade him to Montreal for 2B Delino Deshields

Now imagine the Expos/Nationals. At different points, they had Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez (we could talk all day about the amount of talent the Expos/Nationals let slip through their fingers) and all they got in return was Mark Langston, Carl Pavano and Tony Armas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad