OT: Other Sports 82

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Buzelis was a kid that moved to New Hampshire to play for a boarding school during Covid when his high school (rightly) shut down sports, then again to Kansas as a senior to hone his game, and then turned pro to play for the Ignite in California before they shut down. That means in the span of a few years, a teenager played in four different states while hoping to get NBA attention. That had to have been an incredible strain on the family and a major sacrifice to make even recognizing that they're assuredly affluent. The end result of that was not only getting drafted, but being an early-middle first round pick by his hometown team. The amount of happiness and relief that the entire family felt over all of that paying dividends like that has to be absolutely incredible.

Barring the dude having some major skeletons in his closet, Buzelis seems like he's going to be insanely easy to root for.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
It's honestly astounding how bad the Cubs are at this point. I somewhat expected them to turn it around a little and start being competitive again. Not win the division or anything, but better than whatever the heck this is..

Reactions: Pez68

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Been getting back into boxing recently, and had a couple of enjoyable fights the past few weeks to shore up my interest. Then last night, Foster was robbed of his title by a split decision versus Conceicao where Foster won at least ten of the twelve rounds cleanly, and that’s rounding down, and then Stevenson had such a dull defense versus Harutyunyan that his own hometown crowd started to leave early. Nice to get a reminder for why I got bored/annoyed with boxing for a while there.

Both Foster and Stevenson toyed with their food all night and never felt the need to put the heat on. Should’ve been two clinical unanimous decisions, but the judges apparently didn’t like fighting on the back foot and pulling punches. Those’re obviously never crowd pleasers, and even I was getting bored, but Conceicao winning not just one judge’s scorecard but two woke me the f*** back up in shock.

Reactions: Malaka

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Been getting back into boxing recently, and had a couple of enjoyable fights the past few weeks to shore up my interest. Then last night, Foster was robbed of his title by a split decision versus Conceicao where Foster won at least ten of the twelve rounds cleanly, and that’s rounding down, and then Stevenson had such a dull defense versus Harutyunyan that his own hometown crowd started to leave early. Nice to get a reminder for why I got bored/annoyed with boxing for a while there.

Both Foster and Stevenson toyed with their food all night and never felt the need to put the heat on. Should’ve been two clinical unanimous decisions, but the judges apparently didn’t like fighting on the back foot and pulling punches. Those’re obviously never crowd pleasers, and even I was getting bored, but Conceicao winning not just one judge’s scorecard but two woke me the f*** back up in shock.
Last fight I watched was the Garcia Haney card

Egregious

98 92 Mccomb
96 94 Barboza jr
97 93 Barboza jr

IMG_0503.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrfenn92

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

What an idiot, and from a guy whose ML career is as a 5+ ERA reliever

Wouldn't be shocking if this is end of his ML career

Still not as stupid as a guy breaking his hand punching a bat while being runaway MVP favorite costing himself award, missing playoff (Only playoff chance of his ML career) and ultimately derailing his career

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sox need to DFA Kopech, there is no point in him being in Chicago with how awful he is at this point (And Moncada when he comes of DL)

He is terrible and the Sale trade is easily one of the worst trades in Sox history

Up there with giving away Bobby Bonilla and a few others

Crow

May 19, 2014
I used to say that no sport is killing itself quite like baseball, but the real statement is that no sport is killing itself quite like boxing.
I wonder how baseball is doing in general. Players seem to be making absurd amounts of money. I would assume owners are too. I barely watch anymore though. Not even really when it’s on at a bar. I just can’t find a way to care about either team in Chicago. No one excites me on the cubs and the Sox are just painful to watch as a whole.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad