Other Chicago & General Sports Thread XXXIV: March Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
What'd he say?

I've been pretty tuned out from the Score the last couple of months. Really don't like this part of the year, probably won't venture back much til baseball.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I turned it on a few minutes ago and all I hear is commercials and stuff about Charlie Weis.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
B&B really lost their heart when Jason Goff left. He really brought a bit of levity and humor to that show that left when he is gone. The best part of that show is when they would talk about things other than sports and get really silly. With Goff gone, that happens less. Abbatacola is a terrible foil as he is absolutely humorless. Boers is the only one that can get a laugh out of me anymore.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I guess Berstein got really condescending and disrespectful regarding the Bears, his source(s), what he knows, etc in his comments to Speigel and Mannelly both during their cross-talk yesterday and during the cross-talk today Speigel called him out on it pretty loudly, accused him of "artfully backtracking" and repeatedly asking him if he really stands behind being so disrespectful to co-workers and Bernstein smugly in so many words said "it's worked for 15 years, so yes. It's not a good business to have thin skin" (paraphrasing).

Basically, called him out for being the little ***** that he is.

And yeah, Abbattacola sucks. He's nothing more than a troll.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Bernstein's "sources" are terrible. Everything he says he caveats with things may change. It makes it so he's never wrong.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I do miss Jason Goff, who was mentioned above, but I can't really tell much difference in B&B than the way they were before.

Just curious if those who hate B&B have that opinion in part because of their feud with Hawk and them being Sox fans?

Not that one needs any particular reason to hate B&B because they do say something to anger every fanbase at some point or another, but I just wondered.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I don't like people that treat other people like crap. And that seems to be Bernstein's whole act. That's why I can't listen to this guys.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Just curious if those who hate B&B have that opinion in part because of their feud with Hawk and them being Sox fans?

I don't hate them, I just don't care for the show during this part of the year because I have no interest in the Bulls and can only take so much Bears hiring talk.

And Hawk is an idiot, so that's my opinion on that.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I don't like people that treat other people like crap. And that seems to be Bernstein's whole act. That's why I can't listen to this guys.

Yeah he's an ass to callers that have legitimate questions or comments, although many of the callers can be a dumbass. But Bernstein is a dumbass too.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If you want quality on air talk about football the best source in Chicago is Tom Waddle

Honestly ESPN1000 > 670 the score

Problem with ESPN1000 though is you get too much non Chicago talk overall. That is the one advantage 670 has

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Sox apparently signed Geovany Soto to a minor league deal.

That'll make things odd if he makes it up to Comiskey and I wear my Cubs Soto jersey...

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

Some people say dumb crap and deserve to be shouted down, but as other people mentioned, Bernstein is an ass to people with legitimate questions for seemingly no reason. Them taking calls is the worst part of the show.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Some people say dumb crap and deserve to be shouted down, but as other people mentioned, Bernstein is an ass to people with legitimate questions for seemingly no reason. Them taking calls is the worst part of the show.

i swear they intentionally only field calls from stupid people just so they can be totally condescending and feel better about themselves.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
If you want quality on air talk about football the best source in Chicago is Tom Waddle

Honestly ESPN1000 > 670 the score

Problem with ESPN1000 though is you get too much non Chicago talk overall. That is the one advantage 670 has

Yeah but then you have to listen to Silvy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad