OT: OT-what he doesn’t know is this is a buck and a quarter quarter staff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Ooof. I hope they don't change '47 much. Only hats I buy because every new era hat has that huge plastic piece in the crown that is itchy as shit.
I only buy flexfit hats at this point, I hate any adjustable hat and dont want to deal with wool.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Grabbed a milkshake after my kid's concert to celebrate the performance. Woke up at 1:30 in the morning thinking I'm dying. The dairy is absolutely brutalizing me, OMG. Aside from stomach pain and queasiness, I've got cold sweats, dizziness, the whole thing. Christ man.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
IMG_1222.jpeg

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I realized a couple weeks ago that a camping trip I planned last fall with my family and my sister's family falls right smack in the middle of the draft and free agency! What was I thinking?

Reactions: Ehran

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I realized a couple weeks ago that a camping trip I planned last fall with my family and my sister's family falls right smack in the middle of the draft and free agency! What was I thinking?
You were thinking about how much you want a Starlink account so you can have internet access during your camping trip to enable you to follow your favorite team during the draft !!

:D

Reactions: Jacob582

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Seems like you were thinking: I need a break from this team! Let me get the hell away from them! Lol
Yeah but I like things like trade deadline, draft, free agency, roster development during camp. Those are exciting compared to 13 years out of the playoffs.

Reactions: Chainshot

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
You were thinking about how much you want a Starlink account so you can have internet access during your camping trip to enable you to follow your favorite team during the draft !!

:D
I might have internet access. If I do I might put my phone away to be present with my family. Otherwise I will be obsessed with checking my phone all day.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

I actually would have gotten a Cybertruck....if their announced pricing was anywhere near what the actual price is.

A capable electric truck for ~50k with Tesla software (it's best feature) but it's ugly...that's an easy trade off.

An ugly electric truck more expensive than the Rivian, top end F150, and the 440 mile range electric silverado? Yeah no thanks.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I might have internet access. If I do I might put my phone away to be present with my family. Otherwise I will be obsessed with checking my phone all day.

I spent the last day of my honeymoon at an NHL draft - at the behest of my wife in fact. Might be the last time she was supportive of me doing something I enjoyed honestly. :biglaugh:

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Winning hearts and minds while pissing off my competitors.

An interesting aspect of Asian culture is if profits are down, raise prices. Two weeks ago the Thai owned bars increased their drink prices and their lady drink prices. It's low season so tourist numbers are down, hence not as many drinkers. Monday the owner of the large foreign owned bar group told me WE are raising prices. I asked him if that was a normal, or Royal we and he said that WE'RE raising prices also. Needless to say that irritated me, as if he can dictate my business.

To show my independence, I had some banners made up announcing we're the best bang for your buck with prices unchanged, also announcing buy a customer and lady drink get free customer drink Sun through Tues, and shot rack specials on Mon and Tues.

Banners went up Friday, we were by far the busiest bars on the street. Last night my 2 worst performing bars set new lady drink records. This morning I got a video call from Gus asking what the hell did I do as his phone blew up from his manager friends. Told him and we had a laugh as the group owner is furious, was venting to his boys about my disrespect.

The part that I enjoyed the most was having my mamasans explain to the girls. They were thinking they were getting a raw deal in that the new price is 175 compared to my 150, basically a dollar difference. The mamasans had to explain the girls still get 50, only the bar makes more. Then used the adage of going to Runway market a fish stall sells the big grilled fish for 150, right next door is another stall selling grilled fish for 175, where do you shop? Literally it's just 50 cents per customer drink and a buck per lady drink that they're losing their mind over. Now the shot racks will be a loss as they're 7 bucks cheaper, however I still make 7 per rack after paying the girls commission. Plus the hope is them buying racks and lady drinks lead to more room rentals / bar fines.

Reactions: oldgoalie

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
does anyone have a link to the old instigators episode where rivet was talking about his time in echl?

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Welp, finally broke down and sold off some of my lego. But good news i just opened up some storage space and capital for more lego.

Edit: Can someone move this to the OT thread :laugh:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
Welp, finally broke down and sold off some of my lego. But good news i just opened up some storage space and capital for more lego.

Edit: Can someone move this to the OT thread :laugh:
Out of curiosity, do they go to their new home assembled or disassembled? I know nothing about the hobby.

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Out of curiosity, do they go to their new home assembled or disassembled? I know nothing about the hobby.

Usually for transport it’s easier to disassemble them. These were in storage so I had taken them apart already.

Depends if he used the Kragle or not

I’ve never seen anyone who glued their sets together. Kinda defeats the purpose of the modularity of lego pieces. I suppose they do exist though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad