OT: OT-what he doesn’t know is this is a buck and a quarter quarter staff

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Mine are great at being insular about everything. At least toward me and members of my extended family. *shrug*
The oldest is just having all sorts of issues in general and just creates a lot of drama and is selfish in general.

They have broken contact with me and everyone on my side of the family over a year ago. And given the stories I get from the younger two, while I am sad to not have any relationship with them right now, I am not missing the constant drama and BS.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Update to this: I sarcastically said she should bring me home dinner from her job. And she did. Exactly what I jokingly said she should. What is this sorcery?!
That's a good sign!

Enjoy the honeymoon phase. It's so much fun getting to know someone, going on new adventures, and hopefully falling in love.
The oldest is just having all sorts of issues in general and just creates a lot of drama and is selfish in general.

They have broken contact with me and everyone on my side of the family over a year ago. And given the stories I get from the younger two, while I am sad to not have any relationship with them right now, I am not missing the constant drama and BS.
Aw man, sorry to read that, Jim. That has to be tough.

Update:

My wife and I had a really good talk last night. I told her I was feeling defeated. That it feels like she wants me to be the one to end it so she doesn't have to hurt me.

She said she's regretted not being as emotionally and physically open the past few weeks, and that she still loves me and wants to make it work. She's deleting a lot of her social media because she's been noticing she is glued on her phone even when we're hanging out. We have a date night on Sat without the little guy, so that should be a lot of fun.

I've gone through a similar phase in our relationship, so Im not throwing any stones. The intimacy (not just sex) died after our son was born, and I told her that may have caused me to inadvertently become distant. That's a big thing in a relationship for me. Even pillow talk goes a long way for me, so when that went away- I pulled away, and she started feeling neglected. I need to be better about expressing myself, which isn't easy when youre raised by your dad not to cry or show many emotions. Luckily, my mom showed me a ton of love, and would always be there for me when I cried as a kid or needed someone to lean on, so I'm not a complete lost cause!

I'm optimistic, but we both still have our concerns. I'm just glad we're both seeing the flaws in ourselves that are hurting our relationship, and want to grow so we get back to what we used to have.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

I got lucky on eBay with some of my birthday money.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
That's a good sign!

Enjoy the honeymoon phase. It's so much fun getting to know someone, going on new adventures, and hopefully falling in love.

Aw man, sorry to read that, Jim. That has to be tough.

It's been tough. But, I am at the point where I just keep things open on my side while I just keep working on my relationships with my other two kids.

One thing that will happen now is that I can get scared about my other two kids pulling away, especially my youngest.

I don't worry about my relationship with my middle kid and I think things are pretty good with the youngest. And I tell them every so often about how I don't want to lose my relationships with them like I have with the oldest.
Update:

My wife and I had a really good talk last night. I told her I was feeling defeated. That it feels like she wants me to be the one to end it so she doesn't have to hurt me.

She said she's regretted not being as emotionally and physically open the past few weeks, and that she still loves me and wants to make it work. She's deleting a lot of her social media because she's been noticing she is glued on her phone even when we're hanging out. We have a date night on Sat without the little guy, so that should be a lot of fun.

I've gone through a similar phase in our relationship, so Im not throwing any stones. The intimacy (not just sex) died after our son was born, and I told her that may have caused me to inadvertently become distant. That's a big thing in a relationship for me. Even pillow talk goes a long way for me, so when that went away- I pulled away, and she started feeling neglected. I need to be better about expressing myself, which isn't easy when youre raised by your dad not to cry or show many emotions. Luckily, my mom showed me a ton of love, and would always be there for me when I cried as a kid or needed someone to lean on, so I'm not a complete lost cause!

I'm optimistic, but we both still have our concerns. I'm just glad we're both seeing the flaws in ourselves that are hurting our relationship, and want to grow so we get back to what we used to have.
One of the things that I have learned from my divorce is that regular work to keep the relationship strong is key, especially when kids and life can get in the way.

My wife and I started seeing a marriage counselor for "preventative maintenance" before we were married and it continues now that we are over 10 years down the road. And we have coffee dates at least twice a month where we put our phones down and just talk and we have a relationship conversation book that we use off and on to help keep things strong.

Hopefully this date is more than just a one off thing. Even though it is challenging to create the time for them, they are important.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Dear Crowdstrike engineer who is having a worse day than I am: I'm sorry, but **** you. Test your code, dammit!

I almost guarantee you Crowdstrike laid off some of their Software Quality Assurance Engineers and thought AI could do their automated tests.

Sounds like a simple linter test should have caught this though, a malformed .sys file.

Is there a reason every org is pushing the latest crowdstrike update without testing though? Is that simply how crowdstrike operates?

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
0530 wide awake though I need to sleep. National holiday so bars closed Sat and Sun, which means I foolishly agreed to Gus suggesting a pool party. So now I'm hosting a half dozen guys, and 15 to 20 girls, which means a 10am Macro (a non fee Costco ripoff) run. Noise won't be an issue as #1 is working, #2 is planning on making merit at the temple, so only the housekeeper will be home.

Haven't posted much as took over 2 bars, and I'm in the process of renovating an 8th. Have 7 fully operational, had 163 girls working last night so now the 2nd largest group on the street. The largest group's owner is still pissed off that I didn't raise prices, and now is especially mad as the expat community are boycotting his establishments and I'm allowing some Korean YouTube influencers to livestream in the back corner of my least popular bar. I get to brush up on my Korean and the girls they feature average 30 lady drinks per show. Last night they brought they house down, came in with 14 guys ended up with 32 bar fines for the weekend and over 170 lady drinks

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Is there a reason every org is pushing the latest crowdstrike update without testing though? Is that simply how crowdstrike operates?

That's my understanding. As a realtime monitoring tool, it's generally better to let it "do its thing" than to update it potentially multiple times a day.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Had surgery on my right hand last week (carpal tunnel). Tonight marks the first wine night my gf and I have had since then (thanks to the pain meds), and she indulged me by also ordering Ethiopian take-out. I am having a good night. 🤤
Ethiopian cuisine is definitely very underrated. Used to love hitting up an Ethiopian restaurant whenever I was in Bahrain

Reactions: Butt Ox

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
As someone who has used the product for 5 years, this is the first time I've had an issue.

I've never used Crowdstrike, directly. Or managed it. I had falcon sensor on some work laptops and our servers at a previous company, and for what its worth, we never had an issue.

However, I do know quite a bit about best practices. And allowed real time updates to low level system files is a no no. With Antivirus, obviously, I've seen definitions get updated in real time. Or at least, get updated at the server and then those updates get pushed out. The idea that Crowdstrike was updating kernel level files en masse in real time is just wild. I'm shocked it went this long before having an issue. I had just assumed the updates were in the same vein of virus definitions, not low level system files that could brick the system.

Crowdstrike is either going to have to completely rework how they keep systems updated or they are cooked.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Had surgery on my right hand last week (carpal tunnel). Tonight marks the first wine night my gf and I have had since then (thanks to the pain meds), and she indulged me by also ordering Ethiopian take-out. I am having a good night. 🤤

That's a cuisine variety missing from the local scene here that I miss.

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Had some time today so I finally got to re-wiring my office Wireless Access point. Was in a hurry when I set it up initially, so I didn't realize that I did a bad crimping job and was connecting at 100 Mbps rather than 1 Gbps. I noticed a few weeks later when my giant desk and computer setup was right in front of it.

2 years later....its running at 1Gbps.

Oddly enough, I couldn't find my cable ends, so i went to ace hardware and got what they had. I thought they were terrible because no matter how hard i tried, i couldn't get the crimp to work. The cables weren't lining up.

I realized after 4 bad crimps that they had a little cable guide you were suppose to wire to first then slide in rather than the built in cable guides I was used to. It was actually quite nice once I lined up all the cables, worked 1st time. I guess reading instructions is hard.

Reactions: yahhockey

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
That's a cuisine variety missing from the local scene here that I miss.

That’s a bummer. Where I live now (north of DC) is probably the 2nd largest Ethiopian population outside of Ethiopia lol—there are no fewer than a dozen restaurants within a 2mi radius of my apartment. We don’t have much in the way of good Mexican or reasonably priced Italian though :(

• Wow
Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That’s a bummer. Where I live now (north of DC) is probably the 2nd largest Ethiopian population outside of Ethiopia lol—there are no fewer than a dozen restaurants within a 2mi radius of my apartment. We don’t have much in the way of good Mexican or reasonably priced Italian though :(

We have some excellent Mexican and Cuban here. Wish we could trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad