OT: OT-“Look, maybe I didn’t say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah.”

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
FMLA is protected leave. It isn’t paid. Your company can allow you to use sick/vacation time to pay yourself but unless you company has a rule in place that they pay you with out using those time, there shouldn’t be issue if you are on FMLA and leave the company from my understanding of FMLA laws.

Best of luck with everything that is going on.

Oh, that's interesting. I did not realize that. I'll see how my appointment goes tomorrow - right now I'm just dead exhausted. Haven't had more than 3 or so hours a sleep in a night in nearly a month at this point, so I'm feeling frayed at the seams, to say the least.

debaser66

Mar 10, 2012
Is it just my imagination or is the activity quite down on this board?
I hope the team continues to do well so there is more for me to read :)

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Is it just my imagination or is the activity quite down on this board?
I hope the team continues to do well so there is more for me to read :)
the Sabres aren't sucking enough lately, so the whiners don't have much to post about

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
The in-flight meal and wifi are great. The light to moderate turbulence most of the flight when it was only supposed to be an issue for the first 45 minutes isn't so great, lol. Four hours in and 90 minutes to go. The flight path had early arrivals all week so of course the atmosphere changes and it will be a late arrival today, lol.

Reactions: Butt Ox

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Had an odd moment kind of hit me this morning. It was pre-dawn, driving the GF to work and there was a possum that had just been struck in the road on a blind curve. It was clearly in a bad way but not yet dead. And it put up a single shaky paw. I didn’t stop, didn’t hit it but it was there one moment and then I was on past it. There was in that instant nothing I could do to help it nor did I have anything to ease it along faster.

That really bothered me all day. Deserves got nothing to do with it.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Had an odd moment kind of hit me this morning. It was pre-dawn, driving the GF to work and there was a possum that had just been struck in the road on a blind curve. It was clearly in a bad way but not yet dead. And it put up a single shaky paw. I didn’t stop, didn’t hit it but it was there one moment and then I was on past it. There was in that instant nothing I could do to help it nor did I have anything to ease it along faster.

Being a Sabres fan i consistently feel like that possum.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

one time on a camping trip several years ago me and my best friend drove into town around dusk on a supply run. The car in front of us hit a huge beautiful swan and left it mangled and flapping like crazy in the middle of the road. Mind you its a back country road so you're going like 70 mph. I stopped and backed by truck up enough to hit the swan once more and frankly more calculated to end the misery I saw. My friend didn't understand why i cared so much or did it. Still bothers me to this day thinking about it but that huge beautiful bird would've sat there on that country road until the coyotes came at night and ate it alive if it even lived that long. I've told my wife that story a handful of times and shes a mental health councilor so you can imagine how that went over lol.

Sometimes life just sucks.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad