Oshawa Generals 2024-25 Season Thread, Part 1

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Yeah it depends on the team you're playing for sure. You play a team like LDN last year and come in with no "tough" guys and the Boulton, Sim, etc. type guys will try to run you out of the building. Barrie has a couple D like that this year with Eliasson/Aitcheson. Extremely physical

I just found out Cal Ritchie has 0 OHL goals this season. BUST!!!

That is a bold statement! Shame on you!

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Big game from sennecke

And Barlow tripled his goals in 1 game! In all seriousness I am still a firm believer he can be a 40 or 50 goal guy this year just has to get going. Everyone knows he’s going to get hot at some point. Petes 0-9-2 🤮 :help: 🏳️

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
This offence is starting to fire up but man this is not the Defensive core to win a championship. I know Oshawa will make some moves and some of them are hinging on the return of Roobroeck but to me, D'Amato and Rodriguez cannot be on a championship roster. Svozil also had some lazy moments tonight but the defence as a whole Gravelle high and dry alot. Gravelle didn't look great but he didn't have much support on alot of those goals. Luckily the offence was too good for Peterborough to handle and thus team absolutely dominated the 3rd period mastefully but games against them should be 7-1 not 7-5.

Will be interesting to see what the defense looks like post WJC

Oggie Ogoltorp

Oct 4, 2024
Now that Ritchie is back no one is sleeping on the Gens. Should be a tight 3 way race in East. I have to believe Niagara will level out but they definitely have a lot of young top end kids. Brampton has to shore up a bit defensively but they have a lot of horses up front and Ivankovic is as good as they come. Gens top two lines should be lethal. Barrie is veteran heavy and deep. I dont think any of them are done either. Going to be fun to watch it play out.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
What an ass kicking last night. I didn't watch until OT but it sounded like PBO almost got their first win in BFD because they played a close game and just lost late. That did not happen last night. Score was close because Gravelle really struggled early and Gens had 2 bad breakdowns in the 2nd, but dominated the whole game, capped off by as dominate of a 3rd as you'll see at this level. PBO didn't touch the puck on the Gens side of centre for the first 15 minutes of the period, and didn't get a shot until 2:50 left in the period. You would've thought the entire period was a Gens PP.

I've also been sitting on a take and would like to hear other people's opinions on it. Lauri Sinivuori is as good, or a better player for the Gens than Rasmus Kumpulainen was. I know one is undrafted and the other is a NHL 2nd rounder, but man Sinivuori has been good and imports usually don't really come on in the 2nd half of their 1st season. We never really saw that from Kumpulainen

When I heard last night that Bender was going ot FLNT for 2 picks, my guess was 6+8. So I'll gladly take 4+7

Reactions: LDN

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
I'm genuinely curious if there are people in the GTA that find him entertaining and are able to listen to him without wanting to bleach their ears.
Watched him growing up. I enjoyed his first book and used to regularly listen to his podcast when I commuted a lot. His antics come off as very forced now. They used to dunk on guys like Steve Simmons but now he borders on being that outrageous with some of the things he complains about. I definitely don’t hate him as much as others.

Seemed like their event last night went over well with fans. They did Kingston last year and I thought that was an odd choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad