Oshawa Generals 2024-25 Season Thread, Part 1

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
If Ritchie doesn’t come back at all that’s a huge blow to Oshawa and probably puts them behind Brampton and Barrie. With Ritchie I think they’re at least the second best team in the east without they could be 4-5th best imo
It is very unlikely he doesn't get sent back. Most of us have thought all along he would play some regular season games.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
If that's the case, they will keep him all year. It's either 9 games or all games for them. They won't keep him for let's say 20 games then send him back. They would lose a year of his ELC to the OHL which wouldn't make sense for Colorado.
It's not just the 9 games that is a milestone. I believe 41 games on the roster(as opposed to games played) is also important as I believe(may not have it exact) grants salary arbitration a year early. There have been cases of players playing more than 9 games and still coming back. Point being, I wouldn't be disheartened as a Generals fan if he plays longer than 9 games.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if Colorado ends doing the same thing Seattle did with Wright - spread out the 9 games until Christmas with a couple AHL "conditioning stints" thrown in there - then he after he plays for Canada at the Juniors he gets sent back in the new year.

Reactions: dirty12

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I wouldn't be surprised if Colorado ends doing the same thing Seattle did with Wright - spread out the 9 games until Christmas with a couple AHL "conditioning stints" thrown in there - then he after he plays for Canada at the Juniors he gets sent back in the new year.
I guess that's a possible route. I think if A.L. comes back end of the month, then maybe he comes back. I guess we just gotta wait out the next 20 days to see.

yessir29292

Dec 11, 2021
If that's the case, they will keep him all year. It's either 9 games or all games for them. They won't keep him for let's say 20 games then send him back. They would lose a year of his ELC to the OHL which wouldn't make sense for Colorado.
It does make somewhat sense if at Christmas time they don’t see him as a valuable piece to the team anymore and think that him playing in the world juniors and half a season in the OHL is best for his development.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I'd be shocked if they did that. I think teams universally saw that didn't work and just led to Wright not playing hockey for a lot of that season.

Colorado's GM has been quoted specifically talking about Ritchie that they'd love to see him make an impact in the NHL but they were in the same position with Bowen Byram a couple years ago and sent him back to Jr and it was great for Byram and he's sure if they end up doing the same with Ritchie it'd be great for him too.

Richie has a great opportunity in these next 2 weeks while COL forwards are hurt, but you know they have 3 top 9 Fs coming back so he's going to have to be really, really good to stick all season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad