Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Let’s think it through logically.

After being draft eligible for two years, Minnesota drafted him in the 6th round - - his third year of eligibility - - instead of just waiting and signing him as a UDFA, or even trading down to take him in the 7th round.

He’s got pro level size now, so it not like he has to bulk up. And if his game had that many holes in it as a soon-to-be-20yr old, Minnesota wouldn’t have wasted the pick reaching for him.
Not everybody’s going to be the next bobby orr. Some people are drafted for depth later down the road

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Listen people. Let's all take the spoons out of our mouths and start to think logically. It is the only way.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Oshawa will be without Sennecke for 6-8 weeks fractured foot. Ouch

That’s tough news for Sennecke and the Generals. He wasn’t going to make the Ducks roster this year - - although perhaps the resident parrots can regurgitate something to the contrary their “insider” at the popcorn stand spoon fed them.

This means he’s likely to miss 12 to 15 games and without Ritchie while he’s in camp with Colorado, it could be a rough start to the season.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
1725663877722.png

Reactions: Section5Petes

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Makes sense but given the circumstances, I would imagine Owen Sound would be eager to put it across the finish line. It's time for everyone to move on and move forward.
Now that Colby's left shot replacement has arrived, maybe things get expedited ?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Makes sense but given the circumstances, I would imagine Owen Sound would be eager to put it across the finish line. It's time for everyone to move on and move forward.

At this point the buying team may as wait until Barlow is sent back to the OHL without injury?

noahblake58

Jan 26, 2024
Anyone else find it strange that OHL still hasn’t said where Oshawa and Erie preseason game is being played and it’s literally in 1 week only preseason game without a location 🤔

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
At this point the buying team may as wait until Barlow is sent back to the OHL without injury?
I can see that. Owen Sound could wait but I'm sure their preference would be to do it sooner than later. If you're the acquiring team there's certainly risk in doing it now vs waiting. Theoretically if you wait, there's always the chance some other team enters late with a better offer though.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I can see that. Owen Sound could wait but I'm sure their preference would be to do it sooner than later. If you're the acquiring team there's certainly risk in doing it now vs waiting. Theoretically if you wait, there's always the chance some other team enters late with a better offer though.
I heard it’s done just won’t be announced until he’s back

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
That’s tough news for Sennecke and the Generals. He wasn’t going to make the Ducks roster this year - - although perhaps the resident parrots can regurgitate something to the contrary their “insider” at the popcorn stand spoon fed them.

This means he’s likely to miss 12 to 15 games and without Ritchie while he’s in camp with Colorado, it could be a rough start to

lavidaloca89

Jun 27, 2024
Hoping one of the two players is delisle. Thought he was decent but doesn’t strike me as a future stud.

Griffin in particular would suck. I think hes going to go off this year.

Reactions: Leviathan899

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Hoping one of the two players is delisle. Thought he was decent but doesn’t strike me as a future stud.

Griffin in particular would suck. I think hes going to go off this year.

If they’re going all-in to challenge Brampton this year, it would make more sense to give up a couple extra picks and keep both.

Delisle has a lower ceiling but a higher floor whereas Griffin has the higher ceiling but lower floor.

From what I saw during the intra squad scrimmage, Griffin looked like he could be a potential breakout candidate.

Reactions: wetcoast

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
2 players 7 picks we’ll see who plays tomorrow for Oshawa don’t wanna name the players
definitely gotta have 1 of delisle or griffin to work. That second player is just the big question.

Would be pretty funny if d’amato is involved I’d love to see some of the comments from a certain person regarding that

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
definitely gotta have 1 of delisle or griffin to work. That second player is just the big question.

Would be pretty funny if d’amato is involved I’d love to see some of the comments from a certain person regarding that
My guess is it's Bedkowski and one of Griffin or Delisle if it is in fact 2 players. Only way I saw D'Amato being involved is if Smith was attached the deal which all intel states is no longer the case.

I guess it COULD include D'Amato instead of bedkowski which I wouldnt be upset with but I highly doubt it

Last edited:
Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
My guess is it's Bedkowski and one of Griffin or Delisle if it is in fact 2 players. Only way I saw D'Amato being involved is if Smith was attached the deal which all intel states is no longer the case.

I guess it COULD include D'Amato instead of bedkowski which I would be upset with but I highly doubt it
I agree with you for sure. I think delisle and bedkowski would make more sense with the 7 picks. If it was less I’d guess griffin rather than delisle

my guess:

To Owen Sound:
Delisle, Bedkowski
3rd in 2025
2nd, 3rd, OS 4th in 2026
2nd, OS 2nd, 4th in 2027

Definitely think those 2 in bold will be included

To Oshawa:
Barlow

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I agree with you for sure. I think delisle and bedkowski would make more sense with the 7 picks. If it was less I’d guess griffin rather than delisle

my guess:

To Owen Sound:
Delisle, Bedkowski
3rd in 2025
2nd, 3rd, OS 4th in 2026
2nd, OS 2nd, 4th in 2027

Definitely think those 2 in bold will be included

To Oshawa:
Barlow

That would be a massive cost. Three 2nds, two 3rds and two 4ths PLUS two good players is a lot. Bedkowski would be worth a 2nd, 3rd, and a 4th by himself and that is conservative. Delisle probably a 3rd at least. If we boil those picks down it would be more like 11-12 picks with four being 2nds. That is crazy.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
That would be a massive cost. Three 2nds, two 3rds and two 4ths PLUS two good players is a lot. Bedkowski would be worth a 2nd, 3rd, and a 4th by himself and that is conservative. Delisle probably a 3rd at least. If we boil those picks down it would be more like 11-12 picks with four being 2nds. That is crazy.

Then more picks to replace the D traded away that will be needed for the 2nd pair.

Reactions: OMG67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad