Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
That would not be a great trade wasting a OA spot on a guy who has 44 points in 179 games 😂😂
It is not all about points. Konnor Smith is the type of player that a team who wants to win a championship needs. He is a physical defenceman who can physically dominate a game. He is also a team player. He would be a great addition to Oshawa even though I dread him playing against the Petes.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
They used his image for an ad for single game tickets as well, Looks promising, but who knows. Hunter Smith and Kenny Appleby showed up to camp in 2015 and both were gone for good once NHL camps started.

It is not uncommon for graduating players to join their OHL club for training camp. They get a few good workouts in and practice at a high tempo before going to their Pro camps, especially if they are local and live in the same city. I’ve seen graduating players for other teams join the training camp in Ottawa when they were local players.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
It is not uncommon for graduating players to join their OHL club for training camp. They get a few good workouts in and practice at a high tempo before going to their Pro camps, especially if they are local and live in the same city. I’ve seen graduating players for other teams join the training camp in Ottawa when they were local players.
It's a great sign. -Much more positive outlook then not coming at all.

lavidaloca89

Jun 27, 2024
I am curious what the cost for Konnor Smith is as he’d presumably not be cheap.

If Roobroeck is back its presumably gotta involve d’amato or torrance + picks. My guess is if we see D’amato + picks then the Generals will know Roobroeck is coming back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Millpond

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I am curious what the cost for Konnor Smith is as he’d presumably not be cheap.

If Roobroeck is back its presumably gotta involve d’amato or torrance + picks.
I'd imagine the Attack would look for what Guindon cost the Fronts .

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Oshawa likely would want to wait to see if Konnor makes San Diego first unless there is some major reassurance from Anaheim that he's not playing AHL.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Any deal would be conditional picks
Thing is with the gens- they’ll be a good team this year and may not want to fully commit until there is more confirmation. If they trade conditionals to Owen Sound now and he doesn’t come then whatever that package would be- I believe they can’t use those picks on players that are for sure playing in the O’ this year.

Not sure when conditionals would expire hypothetically if he didn’t come to the ohl though… At the end of the year i would guess?

a high chance he does come back but what if he really impresses at camp and they play him in San Diego. Then gens just screwed themselves

Reactions: OMG67

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Thing is with the gens- they’ll be a good team this year and may not want to fully commit until there is more confirmation. If they trade conditionals to Owen Sound now and he doesn’t come then whatever that package would be- I believe they can’t use those picks on players that are for sure playing in the O’ this year.

Not sure when conditionals would expire hypothetically if he didn’t come to the ohl though… At the end of the year i would guess?

a high chance he does come back but what if he really impresses at camp and they play him in San Diego. Then gens just screwed themselves
I'm sure they would reach out to the NHL club to discuss the development plan to feel comfortable pulling the trigger on that kind of move first. There's a chance he makes the move to pro but Anaheim is pretty deep on the farm and he still has a year of OHL hockey before they need to sign him. I think the odds are pretty good that he's back.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I'm sure they would reach out to the NHL club to discuss the development plan to feel comfortable pulling the trigger on that kind of move first. There's a chance he makes the move to pro but Anaheim is pretty deep on the farm and he still has a year of OHL hockey before they need to sign him. I think the odds are pretty good that he's back.
I agree but they’d probably just need to check in first with Anaheim.

Not a Wakely situation where wakely has a legit chance of making Bakersfield

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Two teams can put their heads together and decide on any conditions on any deal. For instance, teams in the past have had conditions on a player where the conditions are met only if the player plays past January 1.

So in this example, they could agree on a date that if the player isn’t sent back, conditions expire, and the picks go back to Oshawa. Say December 1?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

he will be back

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Oshawa completely ripped Peterborough off in their trades last year, so it would make sense to go back and pillage them again this year.

But it would have to be for something more useful that Connor With a K Smith.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Oshawa completely ripped Peterborough off in their trades last year, so it would make sense to go back and pillage them again this year.

But it would have to be for something more useful that Connor With a K Smith.
Konnor Smith is no longer Petes property. He was traded to Owen Sound last year. By the way the 6th round draft pick Peterborough traded for Ryder McIntyre was well worth it. His offensive numbers improved once he was traded to the Petes. He will likely be a 20 plus goal scorer for them this season

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Konnor Smith is no longer Petes property. He was traded to Owen Sound last year. By the way the 6th round draft pick Peterborough traded for Ryder McIntyre was well worth it. His offensive numbers improved once he was traded to the Petes. He will likely be a 20 plus goal scorer for them this season

McIntyre’s offensive numbers “improved” because the Petes were so God-awful that someone had to score the occasional goal for them.

If he’s the best Peterborough can do for an over aged this year, it’s going to be another abysmal season for the Petes.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
McIntyre’s offensive numbers “improved” because the Petes were so God-awful that someone had to score the occasional goal for them.

If he’s the best Peterborough can do for an over aged this year, it’s going to be another abysmal season for the Petes.
He earned his overage spot with his play in the final games of the season with 6 goals and 7 assists in his last 10 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad