Oshawa Generals 2014-15 Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeepHockey

Mar 19, 2015
WOW!! What an entertaining game! Both sides fought their butts off. Caught the game at BWW and the atmosphere was awesome. If trends continue the Generals should close the series out tomorrow night at home. I am not counting a talented Erie team out by any stretch but I do not see the Generals losing three straight at this point. They are simply too deep and too talented.

Sadly, I will not be at the game so I am thankful that Sportsnet will be carrying it. The Rogers coverage has been borderline un-watchable.

Longtime Gens fan

Apr 23, 2015
Sadly, I will not be at the game so I am thankful that Sportsnet will be carrying it. The Rogers coverage has been borderline un-watchable.

While I am happy for those who don't have tickets having the game on Sportsnet is a huge plus for Erie. McDavid and others will get more rest during the TV time outs.

Rogers HD broadcasts are not bad from Oshawa. Not Sportsnet for sure but still better.

Anyway an exciting series so far with some excellent hockey being played by both teams.

Looking forward to Friday night at the GMC.

BSabres

Sep 24, 2013
While I am happy for those who don't have tickets having the game on Sportsnet is a huge plus for Erie. McDavid and others will get more rest during the TV time outs.

Rogers HD broadcasts are not bad from Oshawa. Not Sportsnet for sure but still better.

Anyway an exciting series so far with some excellent hockey being played by both teams.

Looking forward to Friday night at the GMC.

I'll be rocking the GMC :yo:

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Wow what a game last night!! As an unbiased 3rd party observer this series has lived up to everything the OHL final should be. Looking forward to tomorrow nights game. There is something satisfying about watching these young guys reap the reward of a season of hard work.

Goalhog

Feb 6, 2015
According to the TSN highlights the Otters outscored the Generals 3-0 and the Generals never touched the puck!

Congrats to Erie on the win! :huh:

http://www.tsn.ca/generals-overcome-mcdavid-otters-in-ot-1.282666[/QUOTE

Cole Cassels scored a power-play goal off a Matt Mistele rebound 8:19 into overtime to bring the Generals within a win of their first league championship since 1990.

That taken from the same article. Oshawa won the OHL in 97 beating the 67's in 6 games...Savard with the OT winner at home at the Civic, anyone remember that series? 67's were led by ex Leaf McCauley.

Yobbles

Aug 16, 2012
Cole Cassels scored a power-play goal off a Matt Mistele rebound 8:19 into overtime to bring the Generals within a win of their first league championship since 1990.

That taken from the same article. Oshawa won the OHL in 97 beating the 67's in 6 games...Savard with the OT winner at home at the Civic, anyone remember that series? 67's were led by ex Leaf McCauley.

Did you watch the highlights? Nothing but McDavid/Erie. :shakehead

The Generals were barely an afterthought... I get that McDavid is a superstar-in-the-making but talk about a slap in the face to the Generals.

Runner26

May 10, 2015
who cares about the media. McDavid is big news and a phenom. No different than when Lindros and Tavares were in Oshawa. Headlines would be Tavares/Lindros and Generals lose as opposed to Bulls or SSM win.

Lets just be thankful the Gennies are in the series and playing really well :handclap::handclap::handclap:

Goalhog

Feb 6, 2015
Did you watch the highlights? Nothing but McDavid/Erie. :shakehead

The Generals were barely an afterthought... I get that McDavid is a superstar-in-the-making but talk about a slap in the face to the Generals.

No I did not since I watched the game last night. Not looking forward to Sportsnet picking up the game tomorrow night, it will be more of the same....and all of the TV timeouts.

Generals will get their due respect starting a week Friday....15 pucks out of the way, 5 more to go, let's bring the Mem Cup home!

Yobbles

Aug 16, 2012
No I did not since I watched the game last night. Not looking forward to Sportsnet picking up the game tomorrow night, it will be more of the same....and all of the TV timeouts.

Generals will get their due respect starting a week Friday....15 pucks out of the way, 5 more to go, let's bring the Mem Cup home!

I watched the game but I also checked the highlights since the Gens won. :)

I knew "The McDavid Show" would be bad... but I figured the highlight package would at least show ONE Oshawa goal since they won the game 6-5 in overtime.

They even had time to show McDavid take a shot THAT WAS SAVED.... yet not enough time to show one Gens goal. :shakehead

Ah well.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Gens "hold" McDavid to just 4 points and win the game. That's the secret. LOL.

darmitage

May 13, 2012
What an OT! Cassels baby! Looked shaky there in the third but they pulled it out. Hope we can take er at home on Friday!

I'm not sure if they will win game 5 but I think they should be okay to win the series and I honestly don,t mean this in a negative way but last night on the post game McDavid promised a game 6 back in Erie Sunday he told the reporter and also I just can,t see Erie going out in 5 but I really hope I'm wrong!

KnightSpit

Oct 27, 2012
Tickets for Friday and Yeah McDavid Press Conference

I'm not sure if they will win game 5 but I think they should be okay to win the series and I honestly don,t mean this in a negative way but last night on the post game McDavid promised a game 6 back in Erie Sunday he told the reporter and also I just can,t see Erie going out in 5 but I really hope I'm wrong!

Saw that press Conference as well. Just saying what he had to, hopefully unlike OVIE he is able to deliver, although # 8 for Washington did have a good game.

Here's hoping with all due respect GEN'S Fans that ERIE can do what the Rangers just did. Anyone got any extra tickets for Friday Night???
We are from Cambridge, were lucky enough to get tickets on line for last Friday and Saturday and game # 1 in ERIE. Checked on KIJJI today, but forget about it, unless I can sell my Mercedes Benz (that I do not have) $$$$$ But will go to Game # 6 in Erie, here' s hoping # 97 and crew can deliver. Great hockey to watch. I heard a couple of Gen's Fans who went to the games in ERIE and they were truly blown away by the crowd noise and fan experience.

gensrock

Sep 21, 2008

really wonder if you like this team......all year with the pessimistic attitude. relax & enjoy the ride!.....this team will win on home ice tomorrow. why? well because they play as a total team, mentally, physically & emotionally. The otters IMO will relay on Mcdavid to drive the bus for them.
the gens will have the last change & trust me Cassels/Latour/Smith will be more than up to the task!

darmitage

May 13, 2012
really wonder if you like this team......all year with the pessimistic attitude. relax & enjoy the ride!.....this team will win on home ice tomorrow. why? well because they play as a total team, mentally, physically & emotionally. The otters IMO will relay on Mcdavid to drive the bus for them.
the gens will have the last change & trust me Cassels/Latour/Smith will be more than up to the task!

yes I do but just saying Erie won,t be giving up that's all so relax like I told you before I was a Generals fan before you were born but still think there a good chance Erie will win but Oshawa will win the series for sure just remember Erie won a couple of games in the Soo and Oshawa won in Erie don,t mean nothing being on the road

darmitage

May 13, 2012
Is the EIA loud for games? First time I've heard this.:sarcasm:

Lift the needle.

I guess it was loud it was loud on TV I am hoping big time that Oshawa doesn,t have to go back to Erie in that nutty place but I'm not too sure that's all I have been to every OHL Title game since the 60s 1986-87 the most exciting and plus the right to Host the Memorial Cup that year

Otterly Disappoint

Jan 9, 2013
Hey folks,
Making the trip from Erie. Had a group of 6 but it's trimmed to 4. Which means I have two extra tickets. Pm me if interested.

Tickets no longer available, good luck gens fans

Last edited:
I guess it was loud it was loud on TV I am hoping big time that Oshawa doesn,t have to go back to Erie in that nutty place but I'm not too sure that's all I have been to every OHL Title game since the 60s 1986-87 the most exciting and plus the right to Host the Memorial Cup that year

My post was in regards to KnightSpit's need to announce the sound level of the crowd at EIA , ad nauseam

373 times and counting ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad