Line Combos: Opening day roster predictions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LePenseur

Nov 5, 2016
I would go this way
Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Newhook - Dach - Armia
Roy - Dvorak - Kapanen
Gallagher - Evans - Anderson
Pezzetta, Barre-Boulet

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron
Struble

Montembeault
Primeau

Dvorak, Kapanen can take faceoff on their strong side, take tons of defensive assignments. Ask the 4th line to play an aggressive forecheck game.
For defense, it seems to be the same for everyone except who is #7 out of Struble, Xhekaj, Barron, I suspect it will be quite fluid but Struble is capable on both sides, this allow him to play a fair bit.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Since Laine is out for a few months, I think the spot is Kapanen to lose.

Kapanen on the second line with Dach and Newhook. Kapanen is like 53% on faceoff so far pre-season. His upside is Elias Lindholm I think.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I don't know what others think at this point but I'd be leaning towards splitting up our first line to help Dach.
I would also like to concentrate on getting our best options on PP1 regardless of where they live in our pecking order.
As much as our management would like us to believe they are forward thinking they are still old school when it comes to vets.

If the trend continues where PP2 looks more fluid than PP1 some vets may get frustrated knowing we could be better.
While I see spreading the wealth as a good idea 5v5 I'm not as convinced it's the way to go on the Power Play.
It will be interesting to see how long the status quo will survive because the fan base won't accept another year of the same.
Lot's of home games to start the year makes it even more intriguing.
Yup. Suzuki Slaf drive their line imo and could use some teams trying to neutralize Dach instead. I’m real low on Caufield so a bit biased, but someone who can help over 200ft and have some puck possession skills would be sweet if NS is going against top lines.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I would go this way
Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Newhook - Dach - Armia
Roy - Dvorak - Kapanen
Gallagher - Evans - Anderson
Pezzetta, Barre-Boulet

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Barron
Struble

Montembeault
Primeau

Dvorak, Kapanen can take faceoff on their strong side, take tons of defensive assignments. Ask the 4th line to play an aggressive forecheck game.
For defense, it seems to be the same for everyone except who is #7 out of Struble, Xhekaj, Barron, I suspect it will be quite fluid but Struble is capable on both sides, this allow him to play a fair bit.
I’d keep about 3.5 guys out of those 12 forwards and that D looks as bad as last year’s, but your lines do make sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad