OOT Scoreboard 2024-25 season

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Everybody was freaking out about Georgiev after 1 game. I’m sure they’re absolutely losing their minds now. Sound the alarm.

Talk radio will be fun tomorrow.

They have a coach killing roster right now. A bunch of dead weight that can't handle big minutes and their stars are getting severely overworked, so they are sucking also.

Reactions: Bleedred

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Not even the slighest surprise that the Preds are flailing a bit. Obviously it's early and plenty of time to recover but ROR, Stamkos, Skjei and Marchesseault are all complementary guys at this stage in their career.

No bus drivers on that team except for Josi. Ownership must be happy with first round exits till the end of time.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How about that Yzerplan folks? They got assblasted twice by the Rags.
I’ve been over my criticisms of him at length. I often times have wondered if ownership put pressure on him to make the playoffs ASAP and that’s why he’s signed some of those deals. They realistically shouldn’t be a playoff team before 2025-2026, and I’ve been saying it for years. Other than maybe a random playoff berth like we had in the Hall MVP year.

I really think Lalonde is looking like the first head coach to get fired.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Patience. They should really start seeing results in year 15 of the plan.
IYKYK
IMG_0016.jpeg

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I’ve been over my criticisms of him at length. I often times have wondered if ownership put pressure on him to make the playoffs ASAP and that’s why he’s signed some of those deals. They realistically shouldn’t be a playoff team before 2025-2026, and I’ve been saying it for years. Other than maybe a random playoff berth like we had in the Hall MVP year.

I really think Lalonde is looking like the first head coach to get fired.

I think they do a lot better if they went all in on a goalie when the best available players weren't Husso, Samsonov, and Vanacek.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Patience. They should really start seeing results in year 15 of the plan.
The down side to a tear to the studs rebuild (though Detroit was forced into that) is if you don’t get lucky in the lottery (and then miss a pick or two on top of that) you are in the forest for a long while. So yes after some bad years and bad lotto luck there was pressure to try and speed it up.

Let’s be honest we would be right where Detroit is if the lotto balls didn’t bounce in our favor 3 separate the times.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
The down side to a tear to the studs rebuild (though Detroit was forced into that) is if you don’t get lucky in the lottery (and then miss a pick or two on top of that) you are in the forest for a long while. So yes after some bad years and bad lotto luck there was pressure to try and speed it up.

Let’s be honest we would be right where Detroit is if the lotto balls didn’t bounce in our favor 3 separate the times.
Yeah i'm not sure there's any obvious edges a FO can get anymore, no "great hockey men" to hire and turn your franchise around, it's a highly collaborative process with scouting/analytics assisting all decision making, with core ideas around age curves and RFA contract value learned by all FOs by now. Also everyone has a much better idea how to wiggle out of cap issues, and the relative value of draft picks v. cap space when you are in a contention window.

It's basically lottery luck that drives rebuilds and there's no real other way to turn your team around. Yzerman did not have a magic touch, some players beat their development curve, others failed to and the team is just a mediocrity after 5 years with a few decent core pieces to build around in Seider, Raymond, and the tail end of Larkin's career.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ken Holland killed Detroit worse than Lou did here. That's for sure.

So it was always gonna be a tough task for Yzerman. The Red Wings were probably gonna need until at 2025-2026 to be a good team/playoff team, other than maybe a one-off fluke playoff berth before that.

But he's supplemented the team with quite a few bad contracts. He seems to sign at least one every offseason, if not two and sometimes three.

And they probably should have been really bad or worse these last couple of years, but have been good enough to not be one of the worst teams in the league in 22-23 and to miss the playoffs by exactly 0 points last year. Maybe he's done this under pressure from ownership as it's been years and years without playoffs there. Two years even before he took the job. And these types of signings and patchwork is his way of making a shortcut to the playoffs?

Lalonde (I keep forgetting what this guy's name is, and everybody seems to pronounce it a different way) is definitely leading in the ''First head coach to be fired'' race, especially since he was supposed to be fired after last year if they miss the playoffs, but they kept him, probably because they only missed on a tiebreaker.

And speaking of other coaches on the hot seat, anyone think we should pick up Brunette to be assistant?!:sarcasm:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
They should just merge the Sabres and Wings and move them directly inbetween to scenic London, ON.
Might as well throw Ottawa in there too. I feel like all 3 are basically the same team. Some good young players, maybe lacking a bit in true gamebreakers, that seemingly every year people expect to put it together, and they just don't.

I will be eternally grateful for our lottery luck, which is why I laugh whenever I hear "the league hates us" because there is zero chance they want a team with that lottery luck, in the US, to not be good.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Amazing game from Blackwood. Already 4 goals after 1 period.

The only one that wasn't stoppable was a 5 on 3 goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad