OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

Camille the Eel

Amazing pass by Lindholm - home ice, he knew just where to hit the boards in his rink to create that carom, it was a set play, how many times do you think they’ve run that in practice, you could see Pasta wind up, calling for the puck and get a running start.

Worked like a charm. Just like they draw it up. I feel bad for Toronto. The better team doesn’t always win in hockey. The better goalie won in this series.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Leafs should trade Marner for a top flight defenseman.
Not sure that's an option. He's a rental with a full no move

One on hand, I'm sad that Montgomery won't be an option now.

On the other hand, it's nice that zacha will get more cracks at tying Martin brodeur in post season goals

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Sheldon Keefe gets hired here I would be so giddy if this happened and was one of the first questions asked at his introductory press conference.

“Hi Sheldon, Ryan Novozinsky of NJ.com. Welcome to New Jersey! My first question for you is why did it take until game 5 and down 3-1 in the series to take out a struggling Samsonov while Woll was still healthy and dressed on the bench, and can we expect you to play a struggling and inferior goalie at times here in New Jersey?”.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Amazing pass by Lindholm - home ice, he knew just where to hit the boards in his rink to create that carom, it was a set play, how many times do you think they’ve run that in practice, you could see Pasta wind up, calling for the puck and get a running start.

Worked like a charm. Just like they draw it up. I feel bad for Toronto. The better team doesn’t always win in hockey. The better goalie won in this series.
Absolutely beautiful set play. You could see Pasta start wheeling and point forward for him to launch it into the corner. Rarely see those work in OT

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They mentioned they didn’t think Swayman let in one bad goal this entire series.

I had to double check in my notes but I’m in full agreement with that. I don’t even have his name in my notes for the playoffs, which means I haven’t nailed him for a single goal.

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
They mentioned they didn’t think Swayman let in one bad goal this entire series.

I had to double check in my notes but I’m in full agreement with that. I don’t even have his name in my notes for the playoffs, which means I haven’t nailed him for a single goal.
And everyone in here is so hot to get ahold of his backup...

Camille the Eel

Absolutely beautiful set play. You could see Pasta start wheeling and point forward for him to launch it into the corner. Rarely see those work in OT
Clean sheet of ice helped too. That made a difference. Towards the end of the 3d period the ice seemed to be horrible. You could see the pucks sticking along the boards and the players fighting through it. That set play probably can’t work if it isn’t early in the OT.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Bringing back a classic

IMG_5618.png

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
40 minutes of Steve Dangle unhinged. I only could stomach the first few minutes out of curiosity.

I like Steve mainly because he's realistic he always has been. He LOVES his team, but has never shy'd away from ripping them for their flaws.

Leafs should trade Marner for a top flight defenseman.
Who trades a top pair minute eating D for a under sized winger ?
They're gonna trade Mitch...and they'll likely get a top 4 d in return...in a package though with a pick and prospect. They aren't getting a #1 D to pair with Morgan Riley for him.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I like Steve mainly because he's realistic he always has been. He LOVES his team, but has never shy'd away from ripping them for their flaws.

Who trades a top pair minute eating D for a under sized winger ?
They're gonna trade Mitch...and they'll likely get a top 4 d in return...in a package though with a pick and prospect. They aren't getting a #1 D to pair with Morgan Riley for him.
If Toronto actively tries to move Marner it’s a trade they likely lose. They probably get someone like Larsson. And thr trade will be one for one.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yep cap space and premium assets that they can go flip for a top pairing defenseman. They don’t have to directly get the defenseman for Marner as long as they’re getting high end assets to flip.
I struggle to see that. I don’t see him returning any high first round picks for example . I don’t see a team trading a top five or so prospect for him. He has one year left on his deal. For all intents and purposes he’s a rental right now. If he extends where he goes maybe he’s worth something extra but I don’t see any team gutting its future for him. At this point would any GM see him as the missing piece to a cup?

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I struggle to see that. I don’t see him returning any high first round picks for example . I don’t see a team trading a top five or so prospect for him. He has one year left on his deal. For all intents and purposes he’s a rental right now. If he extends where he goes maybe he’s worth something extra but I don’t see any team gutting its future for him. At this point would any GM see him as the missing piece to a cup?
They aren’t moving Marner if they don’t get the equivalent value of 1st round picks/high-end prospects in return. He has a high cap hit but he’s still one of the premier offensive players in the game. They aren’t just giving that away for middling assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad