OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
KNOBlauch

south-park.gif

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
More than anything in this game - i hate offsides reviews of goals.

Offsides has its place as a rule - sure. This was like... an inch off. not a foot like the rule is intended for.
It’s obviously not really what the rule was intended for but you draw any other line. It’s either on or off.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Lol this league man. I don't think the call was wrong but I think that the ref had to extrapolate it because there was no video evidence.
That’s where I’m at. I thought it was offsides live but I don’t think I could be confident of that based on the replay.

If I’m a Florida fan, I’m mad. I’m not sure how the ref can be sure enough to overturn the call based on those views.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That’s where I’m at. I thought it was offsides live but I don’t think I could be confident of that based on the replay.

If I’m a Florida fan, I’m mad. I’m not sure how the ref can be sure enough to overturn the call based on those views.

This league just makes crap up as they go.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
the whole thing about if a skate is on the ice or in the air? It's been absurd for years. Either they call it on the ice or they miss it. I don't think it should be reviewable. it should be obvious on the ice.
That’s fair debate but the refs miss it sometimes and have missed some pretty egregious ones in the past.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
the whole thing about if a skate is on the ice or in the air? It's been absurd for years. Either they call it on the ice or they miss it. I don't think it should be reviewable. it should be obvious on the ice.
The skate is allowed to be in the air now. So the blue line extends straight up into the air. A piece of your skate just to be touching that imaginary blue line anywhere on the ice or air.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The offside call was right but yeah this is the grey area you run into instituting the challenges. You can't fault coaches for challenging them if they are truly offside. It's the same stuff that's going in soccer with VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad