OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Get Skinner outta there.

Terrible giveaway on the second goal that changed the game and needed to make a save on that one.

Skinner and Nurse need to watch next game from Mark Messier’s penthouse.

Reactions: Dialamo

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
Eh.

People were saying they wouldn’t even be in the cup finals, yet they’ve been in the conference finals two of the last three seasons and are playing in the cup final. They’ll be back in the coming years.

This isn’t it though. Now it’s just a question of this is a sweep or not.
Sadly the Oilers will lose in the cup final again next year to us.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Skinner had no f***ing idea where that shot was going. He reacted only after the puck was past him.
Chuck’s hockey coaching brother needed to make a goalie change after that.

See if Pickard can keep them alive next game. Skinner ain’t doing it.

I still wonder if he’s exiled like I said he would be if they lost to Dallas. They beat Dallas, but he’s the difference in this game right now and isn’t giving them a chance.

If you take away the bad goal 2 he caused and goal 4 it’s a 2-1 game at worst.

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
It was so obvious prior to the series that this was a complete mismatch and it's playing out exactly as expected.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
But it was a problem early on.

Bob has had more mediocre regular seasons there than he’s had good seasons. This was his best year there.

The contract is only gonna be a success because of the cup win.
Well that’s why they brought him here to do what he’s doing now. Doesn’t matter if it was early on in the contract or now. Two cup runs out of him is what they wanted and got and honestly this team could come out of the East next year too

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sadly the Oilers will lose in the cup final again next year to us.
Ken Holland doesn’t deserve another cup as GM, so it’s for the best that the overachieved compiler gets nothing in his last year as the GM there.

I think they’ll be back. Skinner’s been a fine regular season goalie, but I wonder if they look elsewhere.

Nurse badly needs to go.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Eh.

People were saying they wouldn’t even be in the cup finals, yet they’ve been in the conference finals two of the last three seasons and are playing in the cup final. They’ll be back in the coming years.

This isn’t it though. Now it’s just a question of this is a sweep or not.
I don’t think either of them sticks around. If they do and Holland leaves, they retool, then sure.

But I don’t share your opinion of them. I think they’re a top heavy team that’s lucky they have two of the best to ever do it and that they play in a soft division. Otherwise they’d be Minnesota or Columbus level futile. I’m not saying they’re bad. I’m saying they can’t ever win it all with a roster constructed this way.

Also beautiful to watch Perry’s frustration at losing yet another final.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
But it was a problem early on.

Bob has had more mediocre regular seasons there than he’s had good seasons. This was his best year there.

The contract is only gonna be a success because of the cup win.

Honestly winning the cup once is worth it for the whole eight years even if he sucks every other year. I would take that every time.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don’t think either of them sticks around. If they do and Holland leaves, they retool, then sure.

But I don’t share your opinion of them. I think they’re a top heavy team that’s lucky they have two of the best to ever do it and that they play in a soft division. Otherwise they’d be Minnesota or Columbus level futile. I’m not saying they’re bad. I’m saying they can’t ever win it all with a roster constructed this way.
Why wouldn’t they stick around? They’ve just made the conference finals 2 of the last 3 years and went to a cup final. Ovechkin went considerably longer in Washington before he was even able to get to the conference finals. And they were considered a contender for close to 10 years by that point. I think maybe the Oilers have been contenders for maybe 3 years now?

Holland is as good as gone. From what it sounds like he wasn’t even in charge this year. Just GM in name only in what is the final year on his contract.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Well that’s why they brought him here to do what he’s doing now. Doesn’t matter if it was early on in the contract or now. Two cup runs out of him is what they wanted and got and honestly this team could come out of the East next year too
I think you're both right here. Contract is absolutely a win if they get a cup and two solid cup runs out of it but there would have been dozens of pages of complaining and calling for Fitz's head if we signed a goalie to a 10 million dollar contract and he put up a .900 over his first season

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
LOL Perry. What a douche.
I don’t understand why they signed him.

The fork was stuck in him after whatever happened in Chicago early this year.

I really didn’t think anyone was signing him after that. The whole PR thing was one thing, but he’s old and far past a has-been.

Win a Hart Trophy in 2011 and a cup like 20 years ago, and still get contracts in 2024. Even after being 86’d by your last team under unsavory circumstances.

Reactions: Patrik26

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Why so late. Does it mess with your sleep to work out this late?

I've always worked out late, just how my schedule works out. I'm a night owl so I'm up late anyways. Doesn't usually mess with my sleep cycle. Only time that happened was when I did a night time endurance race.

Only so much time in the day between work, yard work, kid, and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad