Dreger: On Halak Being Traded first “It feels that way to me”

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
The Devils should get in on it, but I'm assuming that there is going to be a market and they probably don't feel the need to spend to lessen the awfulness of a bad season.
I heard they were kicking the tires.:D

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
What a crap organization. Who signs a player and than looks to trade him 9 games into the contract because they don't want to give him the bonus they agreed to in the summer.

Reactions: CartographerNo611

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
What a crap organization. Who signs a player and than looks to trade him 9 games into the contract because they don't want to give him the bonus they agreed to in the summer.
You’re completely clueless :help: An organization that never signed him to begin with…we have a complete new Front office who has zero obligation to keep him. Know your facts before calling Vancouver a “crap organization”.

Reactions: VancouverJagger

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
The one that has been entirely gutted and is under completely new leadership. Not ideal, but not uncommon to see when there are wholesale changes in management and direction of a team.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Anderson is a top 3 goalie in the NHL this year. Not his fault your defence sucked in front of him. It’s not a myth.

That's not my point. You keep generalizing leaf fans as though everyone wanted him punted away. That is not true at all. It has nothing to do with the defense.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
Canucks are stilll in the race for a playoffs spot, they could still use Halak and should keep him IMO.

Its weird about all this trade talk, like with Miller. Have the Canucks given up?

I suppose it is likely. If they didnt sell off players, the odds would still be that they miss the playoffs rather closely, so get a lesser draft pick, and no assets returned for the UFAs.

But still, the deadline is a long way off. Maybe these are leaks meant to light a fire under the team

Points behind with teams ahead of us having games at hand. Even if by some chance they do sneak in, they won’t be going anywhere.

It’s time to cut out losses and finally start utilizing assets, instead of wasting them.

Halak has played great and we have a useable backup in Martin.
Might as well get something for him.

Miller has a ton of value.
The Canucks won’t be competitive for a couple years and by the time they are, Miller will be out of his prime and in the middle of an 8 million dollar contract. That will take up space for the new core.
Trade him now and get a huge haul to help kickstart the future.

We have had dog pooh management for so long, we are left with cap problems, garbage team, and no prospects. It’s time to fix the mess

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It's not a bad trade. Move on? This is my 3rd post here. Why are you aggressively ordering me to leave? It's just a trade proposal. No one ever got hurt in the process of talking about hockey on a hockey forum.
It's a bad offer. Vancouver would have zero incentive to pay out the other two years of Mrazek's contract. Mrazek is close to immovable.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Its weird about all this trade talk, like with Miller. Have the Canucks given up?

I suppose it is likely. If they didnt sell off players, the odds would still be that they miss the playoffs rather closely, so get a lesser draft pick, and no assets returned for the UFAs.

But still, the deadline is a long way off. Maybe these are leaks meant to light a fire under the team
No their fans did. Didn’t they hire Bruce a guy know for making the playoffs and hired JR(72 years old) to run the organization? He also has won 3 cups as GM. I highly doubt he came in to rebuild and with the contracts they have they won’t have the ability to do so until 2 years from now

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Halak has a NMC.. I'd love him in Edmonton but players don't wavie those to come here.lol

Still.. Halak for Foegele would be my offer. Foegele is a bit overpaid but is on pace for 30 points and is a good addition to a bottom 6.

Also, I am very bias but I am calling it now, but I think the game 1 starter for the Leafs will be Mrazek. Second half will be stronger and he'll earn it in a tight schedule. Yes, I like Campbell... Yes, I expect no one to agree. Getting it on record now.lol

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016

That's all it is at this point is talk. There are 6 weeks until the trade deadline, Pretty sure the Canucks play 18-20 games in that stretch. If they are in it, I don't expect much in the way of moves prior to the offseason. Halak is a different case based on the 1.25 mill bonus he gets for playing his next game for the Canucks. I'd expect that Motte could be dealt for the right price. I'd expect the Canucks make a run at him as a UFA either way.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
It's not a terrible signing. If he were terrible it would be terrible. Toronto needed insurance and Campbell (who I like quite a bit) as of Sept. was still unproven/inexperienced.

It's terrible because if you had any experience watching Mrazek... he's a guy that has a starter's mindset and needs a starter's workload to be any good. He's not an "insurance" goalie. He chafes at that role after a while. It's why Detroit ended up trading him. Like how Curtis McElhinney is a perfect backup who you can slot in for like 15-20 games behind a #1 goalie, Mrazek is the opposite (unless something has drastically changed about him since Carolina (which I don't think it has).

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
It's not a terrible signing. If he were terrible it would be terrible. Toronto needed insurance and Campbell (who I like quite a bit) as of Sept. was still unproven/inexperienced.

Yes you are right, the leafs needed an insurance policy, and that’s why they signed Mrazek. However it has not worked out, he has missed a ton of time, and Campbell has emerged as a legit starter. A starter who will need a raise. You are smart enough to see that, and you know with the cap structure the leafs have in place they can’t really afford to give Campbell a 3x5mil deal and also pay their backup nearly 4 mil, bringing their combined goalie cap hit to 9 mil. That is why you have interest in moving Mrazek. You get a guy like Halak who is a better player and a proven playoff performer on an expiring contract. And that would allow you to go to a cheap kid like Woll as the backup next year…we know why it benefits the Leafs…

The problem is Mrazek hasn’t been healthy, he’s never been a consistent producer on the ice and he’s never truly been a 1A starter, so you are asking another team to value a 1B starter at a 1A Cap hit. His contract is a legitimate problem as far as the leafs trading him. Asking another team to give up an asset of value for an asset that is of no value to that team, and is quite possibly not of value to any other team is why other posters have taken issue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad