Dreger: On Halak Being Traded first “It feels that way to me”

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
To Toronto
Halak

To Vancouver
Mrazek
I like it. Mrazek is a lower ability backup goalie and the salary is a lil high and long but if the Leafs retain 30% and add a 1st it could work out. Canucks add Chaisson to further balance out the salaries going across:

To Toronto: Halak, Chaisson

To Vancity: Mrazek (30% retained), 1st round pick

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I like it. Mrazek is a lower ability backup goalie and the salary is a lil high and long but if the Leafs retain 30% and add a 1st it could work out. Canucks add Chaisson to further balance out the salaries going across:

To Toronto: Halak, Chaisson

To Vancity: Mrazek (30% retained), 1st round pick

That's still a 2.6 million dollar cap hit for two more years. Even at half retention, we can do better, as we have no need for Mrazek at all.

Reactions: Erub ot Ynligom

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
why would Van want Mrzak?

makes no sense, demko is the young stud for them, they either keep halak as a back up or they trade him to the Oil/Caps/etc and if they do that Martin is the backup...

Reactions: Cogburn

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Does he have any sort of no move or no trade clause?
If he can be moved anywhere, I can see the Devils inquiring. They are so terrible and bleeding goals like crazy with zero NHL level goalies even close to returning from injury. They need someone to at least provide some stability in net instead of getting destroyed every game for the rest of the year.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Well that is great - sign Martin to the min for 2 years - he will be thrilled to have some security and be pencilled in for an NHL position - and then deal Halak for a 4th round or better (I would assume a 3rd or a 4th is probably his value ?).

Work done please and thank you.

Man it would be soo nice to see some form of competency going on around here in regards to these situations............Jimbo NEVER did us any favours like this - that absolute Boob.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I mean if the guy doesn't feel wanted, I'd assume he's willing to waive which is excellent news

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Does he have any sort of no move or no trade clause?
If he can be moved anywhere, I can see the Devils inquiring. They are so terrible and bleeding goals like crazy with zero NHL level goalies even close to returning from injury. They need someone to at least provide some stability in net instead of getting destroyed every game for the rest of the year.
He has a full NTC.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Canucks are stilll in the race for a playoffs spot, they could still use Halak and should keep him IMO.
Its weird about all this trade talk, like with Miller. Have the Canucks given up?

I suppose it is likely. If they didnt sell off players, the odds would still be that they miss the playoffs rather closely, so get a lesser draft pick, and no assets returned for the UFAs.

But still, the deadline is a long way off. Maybe these are leaks meant to light a fire under the team

Reactions: HabsQC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad