GDT: OLYMPICS - PARIS 2024

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The raging angry uncultured people on social media still mad break dancing is in the Olympics, if yall think it’s easy to do please try it, I dare you.

f***ing ***** ****

Reactions: Indiana

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
The raging angry uncultured people on social media still mad break dancing is in the Olympics, if yall think it’s easy to do please try it, I dare you.

f***ing ***** ****
Ridiculous, they are great but it isn't a sport.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

f***ing ***** ****
It's just the two announcers that annoyed the shit out of me. Seriously, they were like pro wrestlers when given a microphone. I've never heard anything like it in the Olympics. What can I say. I'm a traditionalist.

I'm not alone.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
After having reservations about it, i find the break dancing competition actually super cool. I can see this becoming one of main attractions at future olympics. It’s more f a sport than synchronized swimming, so…

• Love

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015

f***ing ***** ****

Oh it's super hard but it's absolutely and utterly pathetic to the bone. A gold medal for hopping around like a teenager at a house party while taunting, laughing, and clapping at your opponent like some 14 year old kid. The Olympics used to mean something, they are a joke nowadays. Can't wait for flag football in 2028. What's next hopscotch, ring toss, and rock, paper, scissors?

I was a hole marshal at a charity golf tournament. I tries about 5 times to watch and it and it was unbearable. I turned it off and preferred just to sit in my chair and stare at the sun and trees for hours.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Oh it's super hard but it's absolutely and utterly pathetic to the bone. A gold medal for hopping around like a teenager at a house party while taunting, laughing, and clapping at your opponent like some 14 year old kid. The Olympics used to mean something, they are a joke nowadays. Can't wait for flag football in 2028. What's next hopscotch, ring toss, and rock, paper, scissors?

I was a hole marshal at a charity golf tournament. I tries about 5 times to watch and it and it was unbearable. I turned it off and preferred just to sit in my chair and stare at the sun and trees for hours.

Naw, stop hating.

The OG in me appreciated this, for the culture of my yesteryear plus the culture of breakdancing. People complaining just complain because they refuse to see 'urban' shit hit the olympics.

Next up, drinking 40 ounces with OE and Colt 45 at the Olympics.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Naw, stop hating.

The OG in me appreciated this, for the culture of my yesteryear plus the culture of breakdancing. People complaining just complain because they refuse to see 'urban' shit hit the olympics.

lol. I guess. To each their own.

I felt the way you do when someone you know is royally embarrassing themselves but there's nothing you can do to stop it. For me it's below the level of respectability that I thought the Olympics represented. It has really dropped in it's importance to me. That's a pastime, not a sport. Just giving out medals to anyone that wants one now.

I thought my competitive athletic career was over but I'm grabbing a flat of Colt 45's and hitting the garage for some serious training. :DD

Reactions: Lindgren

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
lol. I guess. To each their own.

I felt the way you do when someone you know is royally embarrassing themselves but there's nothing you can do to stop it. For me it's below the level of respectability that I thought the Olympics represented. It has really dropped in it's importance to me. That's a pastime, not a sport. Just giving out medals to anyone that wants one now.

I thought my competitive athletic career was over but I'm grabbing a flat of Colt 45's and hitting the garage for some serious training. :DD

For Canada and the culture.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Naw, stop hating.

Grad 2000 Lower Mainland kid

unnamed.jpg

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
We would buy the 6 packs of colt 45. It was like 9$. Nicknamed them "demon juice" because it would bring out the worst in anyone who drank them.

The first one always tasted like shit but then the 2nd and so on didn't taste bad at all.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
We would buy the 6 packs of colt 45. It was like 9$. Nicknamed them "demon juice" because it would bring out the worst in anyone who drank them.
It's also possible that emotionally stable people who respond appropriately to their environments are simply less likely to binge drink malt liquor

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
It's also possible that emotionally stable people who respond appropriately to their environments are simply less likely to binge drink malt liquor
I forgot to mention I was underage, dumb, and usually drank that out of necessity with my young dumb broke friends.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015

For Canada and the culture.

Yup, hahaha, that's definitely the dumbest thing I've ever seen. So childish. The over-hyped intros, the bouncing around doing nothing, the B boy arm cross stances and posing (shiver), the lame taunting and mimicking, the hopping around in a circle ad nauseum, the announcers trying so overly hard to sound excited by silly rubbish and nothing moves, like American Idol, or America's got talent. Yuck! People who act like they're cool and have to tell everyone about it and showboat is the least cool thing imaginable in my books.

So cringeworthy ... I really tried but I couldn't get through the whole thing. They just keep spinning around and patting themselves on the back. (Garland probably would be good haha) So very, very, lame.

It's a cool enough event in and of itself and would be perfect at an outdoor setting like the Fringe Festival. It is definitely a very difficult skill, no denying that. No way should crap like that be in the word's ultimate sporting competition though. How do you even judge that and award medals? Maybe line dancing will be next. So silly and sad. I don't really think breakdancing has much of anything to do with Canada or it's culture.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Yup, hahaha, that's definitely the dumbest thing I've ever seen. So childish. The over-hyped intros, the bouncing around doing nothing, the B boy arm cross stances and posing (shiver), the lame taunting and mimicking, the hopping around in a circle ad nauseum, the announcers trying so overly hard to sound excited by silly rubbish and nothing moves, like American Idol, or America's got talent. Yuck! People who act like they're cool and have to tell everyone about it and showboat is the least cool thing imaginable in my books.

So cringeworthy ... I really tried but I couldn't get through the whole thing. They just keep spinning around and patting themselves on the back. (Garland probably would be good haha) So very, very, lame.

It's a cool enough event in and of itself and would be perfect at an outdoor setting like the Fringe Festival. It is definitely a very difficult skill, no denying that. No way should crap like that be in the word's ultimate sporting competition though. How do you even judge that and award medals? Maybe line dancing will be next. So silly and sad. I don't really think breakdancing has much of anything to do with Canada or it's culture.

Can't stand urban culture? Fine, I know where you stand on it.
The more I've been on these forums for years I know where I can find people who truly show their colours:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm generally pretty open-minded about new Olympic events and I think it's good/necessary to try and expand the games to make it more inclusive to different demographics and new/popular sports, and I was willing to give breakdancing a shot ...

... but man, it was just silly. We're going to look back on this in 30 years like when Ski Ballet was a demonstration sport back in the day.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Can't stand urban culture? Fine, I know where you stand on it.
The more I've been on these forums for years I know where I can find people who truly show their colours:

Can't stand urban culture? I don't even know what urban culture means tbh but I do find (the) puffed up egos and dissing people (part) to be unattractive personally. I find breakdancing is more of a performing art than a sport. Nothing more, nothing less. Not sure that makes me a bad person, or whatever it is you're suggesting.

I looked it up and your statement makes little sense. Isn't stuff like hockey and hacky sacking (which I love) urban culture? How on earth does thinking breakdancing should not be in the Olympics means I can't stand urban culture? That seems a little presumptuous and judgmental.

Cool Vid - I liked Onyx back in the day, still do ... they shouldn't be in the Olympics either.

Last edited:

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
There's definitely an objection to be made to "urban culture" glorifying selling drugs and killing people, if you do it very carefully. But I'd say B-boy stuff is far enough from this that it's not hard to realize their relationship is fairly distant and literary. To me, it's more ridiculous than anything else. In the championship round or whatever one of the competitors flashed his abs then gave a little provocative shrug at his opponent. That's artistic expression, and the shitty kind. It's not sports.

Reactions: Nick Lang

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
There's definitely an objection to be made to "urban culture" glorifying selling drugs and killing people, if you do it very carefully. But I'd say B-boy stuff is far enough from this that it's not hard to realize their relationship is fairly distant and literary. To me, it's more ridiculous than anything else. In the championship round or whatever one of the competitors flashed his abs then gave a little provocative shrug at his opponent. That's artistic expression, and the shitty kind. It's not sports.

If it’s in the Olympics, it’s there.
People can rant and be upset all they want, I’m just happy Canada won gold and it was a local guy that got it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $225.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00