Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA] D Adam Larsson signs extension with the Kraken (4 years, $5.25M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Its a fine deal in a vaccuum. I think Larsson is worth that and RD is really sparse market.

But I think the Kraken have had a really bad offseason. That team is going to be stuck in mediocrity for a long time. Francis has no vision or plan. Making the playoffs the one year was the worst thing that could of happened.
stuck in mediocrity? They have the deepest prospect pool around save for Sabres and maybe the Sharks...and some of the Kraken players(prospects) will turn into Stars!!!

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
They have no heir apparent replacement, why wouldn't that sign him?

They likely aren't a playoff team this year but they actively trying to improve the roster and be more competitive and aim to be a bubble team for now is my assumption, otherwise they wouldn't have signed Chandler Stephenson either.
I see the Kraken making the playoffs in 2025...of course a lot depends on Grubauer and Daccord between the pipes the rest of the squad is Solid...and they have some youngsters chomping at the bit for the Show

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Wow the people on twitter don't like Larsson.:eek3:
People on twitter, particularly those making pretty colorful graphs and player cards, don’t know how to properly take usage and and quality of minutes played into account.

Don't understand why Adam Larsson is a great All-round Dman...in my books he's the top D-man for the Kraken
He frees up Dunn to play his game and focus on offense. Great chemistry with those two.

HockeyScotty

Sep 11, 2021
I don’t disagree but that team isn’t really insulating youth either. Beyond Berniers and Wright they haven’t really drafted high. I am not high on Wright either.

But its not my franchise or team. I just see them stuck between 8-14 worst team but I could easily be wrong.
They do have some quality D prospects despite their lack of volume in drafting: Nelson and Dragicevic at RD with Evans and Price at LD. Evans is already knocking on the door and Nelson will be soon with Price and Dragicevic probably a year behind Nelson.

This deal puts Larsson on track to wrap up his deal in time for those guys to play 2 years of AHL and maybe 1 year as 3rd pair/7th defender before they can step into his shoes. At this point they are unlikely to get anyone good enough to leapfrog their timelines so it makes sense.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
The rental RHD market looks ugly now.

I can already see the dozen threads debating Savard’s value.
Based on the ridiculous contracts given out this summer for RHD, all D for that matter and the bare market this TDL and summer, I'm really glad Allvin kept Myers and added Deharnais.

I feel bad for any team and their fans with cup aspirations hoping to add one or two guys to their Dcorp cause gross as you put it is being nice.

The crazy thing is just like last year the habs fans and their ridiculous expectations may very well be met.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Sad. Such a steady defensive dman. Would have loved to have him back on the Oilers.
Pretty thin pickings in the in rental/trade market this year.

All the accrued cap space for you guys at the deadline and Savard at a kings ransom the big fish.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Kind of a bummer. Really hoped he'd hit the market as a deadline trade option. But oh well. Fair deal for Seattle.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
There goes any potential trade back to Edmonton.
The funniest trade in years will be when Edmonton trades the 2nd and 3rd round picks it got from losing Borberg and Holloway to San Jose for Ceci at 50% retained.

Ceci (50% retained) for 2nd + 3rd round picks

If some other team needs to retain the 50%, they get one of those picks.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I'd take Larsson at contract without question, 5.25m for a top 4 shutdown RD. That's a good signing for Seattle as much as I wish he wanted to test the market.

Even as a #4 guy the caps rising and top 4 are going to be costing 6m+

edited after hearing the specific amount.
No state income tax in WA. Just like Florida, Texas, Nevada and Tennessee.

Guys will likely favor a team like the Kraken. Nice new facilities and favorable tax treatment.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Larsson to me seems like a guy that will fall off a cliff in a couple years. This along with the Montour and Stephenson contracts are going to be brutal in a few years.

Therein lies the only potential "downside" with this D.

Right now, Seattle's D should probably be the envy of the league to an extent. Dunn-Larrsson as a top pair, Montour-Oleksiak as a 2nd pair, and Will Borgen alongside either Evans or Mahura on a 3rd pair.

When you need a shutdown, put Borgen and Oleksiak together.

When you need a goal, put Dunn and Montour together.

It's honestly perfectly constructed, and at $27.5m total cost, not offensively priced either.

But, their current roster as is, isn't good enough. In 3 years, this D could be a shadow of its former self.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
It's a good contract, but like why are the Kraken signing this contract. Makes no sense for them.

They going to re-sign Gourde too aren't they.
Maybe if he has a great season, but if they do sign him and he doesn't have a great season, I can't imagine it's in the 5m range.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I know this deal doesn’t kick in until next year but what is Seattles plan to manage the cap to start this season? Do they have someone starting on ltir?

If I’m not mistaken it looks like they are almost 1.6M over the cap with a 23 man roster so unless they have an ltir candidate or they plan on running a 21 man roster it seems they will have to send out some salary before the season starts.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
This is the worst news in years. It means he will never come home and play for Skellefteå AIK again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad