Olympics 2026 qualification

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Here is what happened with the number of new hockey players in Stavanger, Norway when they built a new double ice rink and a new arena(DnB arena). As you see investing in new facilities increased the number of players in 2013 to 2019 from 73 to 1092. More than 1000% increase by investing in new ice rinks and an arena.
View attachment 902565
I didn't say it can't work, it's just a very expensive way to go about things. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but Stavanger is and even back in the day was one of the biggest hockey cities in Norway at the club level. It's unlikely you would see the same results truly starting from the ground level.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
I didn't say it can't work, it's just a very expensive way to go about things. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but Stavanger is and even back in the day was one of the biggest hockey cities in Norway at the club level. It's unlikely you would see the same results truly starting from the ground level.
Stavanger won their first ever norwegian championship as early as in 2010. Before that the series were totally dominated by Vålerenga and Storhamar. Since they invested in the new double rinks and arenas Stavanger have won the norwegian play off 9 times and the league 7 times. Before the arena and rinks came the only title was the one in 2010. A lot of Stavanger success is due to oil-billionaire and investor Tore Christiansen that came in and helped them financially in 2010 and until now.

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
Reactions: PanniniClaus

HockeyScotty

Sep 11, 2021
The Austrians are so thin in goal.. Pressure is all on Kickert who was by far the better goaltender at the Worlds. I assume he gets all 3 games.
Thomas Höneckl is still playing pretty well for this level of international game as well; but point still stands if they are to have a chance they need a goalie to "steal the game" vs Slovaks.

aquaregia

May 23, 2022
Lancashire
Cardiff 5-0 Great Britain... No Halbert, Richardson or Kirk for GB and a few non-squad players got ice-time to fill in, but not exactly the most confidence-inducing warm-up result.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
What's the lines looking like?
They've kinda messed around with stuff but this was the lines today:

Goalies: 30 Kickert David, 29 Höneckl Thomas (Backup)
Linie 1: 25 Unterweger Clemens - 12 Maier David; 21 Haudum Lukas - 10 Kasper Marco - 23 Bischofberger Johannes
Linie 2: 19 Heinrich Dominique - 4 Reinbacher David; 16 Zwerger Dominic - 18 Baumgartner Benjamin - 3 Schneider Peter
Linie 3: 32 Wolf Bernd - 8 Nickl Thimo; 9 Wukovits Ali - 7 Nissner Benjamin - 28 Huber Mario
Linie 4: 20 Brunner Nico - 24 Strong Steven; 17 Ganahl Manuel - 22 Herburger Raphael - 13 Rohrer Vinzenz

I don't really like the Haudum/Kasper/Bischofberger line, mainly because I'm not very high on Bischofberger, I wasn't really upset with his exclusion for the WC, but they seem to be riding or dying on that one. Line 2 is classic.

I'm not thrilled that Heinrich is making the lineup, I think the strategy of chaining him to our best defenseman really only serves to hamper our best defensemen. But they're alreayd quite progressive to not have Thomas Raffl out there.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
They've kinda messed around with stuff but this was the lines today:

Goalies: 30 Kickert David, 29 Höneckl Thomas (Backup)
Linie 1: 25 Unterweger Clemens - 12 Maier David; 21 Haudum Lukas - 10 Kasper Marco - 23 Bischofberger Johannes
Linie 2: 19 Heinrich Dominique - 4 Reinbacher David; 16 Zwerger Dominic - 18 Baumgartner Benjamin - 3 Schneider Peter
Linie 3: 32 Wolf Bernd - 8 Nickl Thimo; 9 Wukovits Ali - 7 Nissner Benjamin - 28 Huber Mario
Linie 4: 20 Brunner Nico - 24 Strong Steven; 17 Ganahl Manuel - 22 Herburger Raphael - 13 Rohrer Vinzenz

I don't really like the Haudum/Kasper/Bischofberger line, mainly because I'm not very high on Bischofberger, I wasn't really upset with his exclusion for the WC, but they seem to be riding or dying on that one. Line 2 is classic.

I'm not thrilled that Heinrich is making the lineup, I think the strategy of chaining him to our best defenseman really only serves to hamper our best defensemen. But they're alreayd quite progressive to not have Thomas Raffl out there.
So Rossi won't be here?

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Heh, been a while since Thailand got scored 50+ goals against in a game versus Kazakhstan. Maybe won't be quite as bad this time against Estonia, but rather ugly that's guaranteed to get.

I'm pretty sure the team from Thailand has plenty of guys names Mike Brown and John Smith. Thai people have understandably no interest in hockey, except for a few of them with Canadian roots.

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
Sunday 25th
Herning Blue Fox vs JPN, in Herning, Denmark @ 3pm CEST
LAT vs DEN, in Riga, Latvia @ 4pm EEST
Piráti Chomutov vs KAZ, in Chomutov, Czechia @ 5.30pm CEST
HUN vs UKR, in Budapest, Hungary @ 6pm CEST
Belfast Giants vs GBR, in Cardiff, UK @ 6pm BST
Live Streams

Herning Blue Fox vs JPN

MetalLigaen.tv (paywall)

LAT vs DEN
GO3.lv (paywall)

Piráti Chomutov vs KAZ
HeroHero.co (paywall)

HUN vs UKR
Hungary: M4Sport.hu
Ukraine: Youtube.com

Belfast Giants vs GBR
CardiffDevilsLive.com (paywall)

Last edited:

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
I'm pretty sure the team from Thailand has plenty of guys names Mike Brown and John Smith. Thai people have understandably no interest in hockey, except for a few of them with Canadian roots.

While they ended up in a different group due to reorganizing of the qualification, Thailand still lost their three games by an aggregate of 48-3; their best result was 10-0 against Georgia.

Reactions: WatchfulElm

aquaregia

May 23, 2022
Lancashire
GB 1-4 Belfast ... Brits still very much struggling to score goals without Kirk.
Didn't manage to find the full lineup for Belfast but apparently even Mack Stewart managed to get a point against us, which is a bit tragic.

aquaregia

May 23, 2022
Lancashire
Some other scores:
Herning 4-3 Japan
Latvia 2-3 Denmark
Hungary 3-6 Ukraine; Ukraine were 5-0 up with 10 minutes to go in that one also. Might they be a bit more competitive than we expected?

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Some other scores:
Herning 4-3 Japan
Latvia 2-3 Denmark
Hungary 3-6 Ukraine; Ukraine were 5-0 up with 10 minutes to go in that one also. Might they be a bit more competitive than we expected?
I'd like to see their final roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad