Olympics 2026 qualification

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
3 groups of 4 teams, each played in a single round-robin format. Top-ranked team from each group qualifies to the Olympics. Anyone's educated guess in case Russia's suspension is maintained is best second-ranked team replaces them.

- Group D in Bratislava, Slovakia: Slovakia, Kazakhstan, Austria, Hungary
- Group E in Riga, Latvia: Latvia, France, Slovenia, Ukraine
- Group F in Aalborg, Denmark: Denmark, Norway, Great Britain, Japan
D:
Should be a great atmosphere in Bratislava. Hungary and Austria is a very short trip from Bratislava. Austria looked good in the WC, so they could be the closest challenger to Slovakia.

E:
Lativa clear favorites.

F:
Denmark has the strongest roster in my opinion. Eller, Ehlsers, Bjorkstand NHL forwards, and Andersen goalkeeper. Norway the challenger with some young up and coming players like Solberg and Brandsegg Nygård and Zuccarello and Lilleberg from NHL.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
D:
Should be a great atmosphere in Bratislava. Hungary and Austria is a very short trip from Bratislava. Austria looked good in the WC, so they could be the closest challenger to Slovakia.

E:
Lativa clear favorites.

F:
Denmark has the strongest roster in my opinion. Eller, Ehlsers, Bjorkstand NHL forwards, and Andersen goalkeeper. Norway the challenger with some young up and coming players like Solberg and Brandsegg Nygård and Zuccarello and Lilleberg from NHL.
D:
It is a coincidence that neighbouring nations playing each other is such an important tournament. Meeting nations from one hockey family, their teams competining in a common tournament.

HockeyScotty

Sep 11, 2021

aquaregia

May 23, 2022
Lancashire
GB-Men-OQ-August-2024-1024x1024.jpeg

Training Camp squad for GB, good to see Waller back from injury, still no Conway but not too shocked about that, otherwise business as usual for the team. Clements/Shudra/Duggan/Norris probable cuts when the squad trims down to 23.

Olympic qualification likely a bridge too far but as we saw in the WC it's still a side good enough to play potential spoiler for one of Norway and Denmark, and I'd be disappointed if we can't at least keep those games somewhat competitive.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Looks to me like Slovakia is going to have some high scoring games here... They should run the table here

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
If speaking about Q tournament, Liška on fire with three goals yesterday.

Ad discussion, I do not want to imagine what would happen if J&T Slovan is back :nod: Hockey community would explode :huh::naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad