Olympics 2026 qualification

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
can we egt brackets/tournament format for the Olympics qualifications ???
3 groups of 4 teams, each played in a single round-robin format. Top-ranked team from each group qualifies to the Olympics. Anyone's educated guess in case Russia's suspension is maintained is best second-ranked team replaces them.

- Group D in Bratislava, Slovakia: Slovakia, Kazakhstan, Austria, Hungary
- Group E in Riga, Latvia: Latvia, France, Slovenia, Ukraine
- Group F in Aalborg, Denmark: Denmark, Norway, Great Britain, Japan

Last edited:

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
3 groups of 4 teams, each played in a single round-robin format. Top-ranked team from each group qualifies to the Olympics. Anyone's educated guess in case Russia's suspension is maintained is best second-ranked team replaces them.

Highest ranked country not already qualified. Slovakia a lock in that case.

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
Gergely Majoross announced his first roster as Hungary's new HC.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I imagine Slovakia will qualify easily, but you never know what may happen in a best of one scenario.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Slovakia may very well drop points even at home, another question is whether one of the other three will manage to collect more.

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
Slovakia may very well drop points even at home, another question is whether one of the other three will manage to collect more.
They play austria right? If they do does austria got Marco Rossi coming?

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
They play austria right? If they do does austria got Marco Rossi coming?

Austria roster
No Rossi, M.Raffl , Komarek , Hofer , Lebler

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden

Slovakia and Latvia should win their groups fairly easily. Group F is a toss up between Denmark and Norway

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
I don't suppose anyone is going to televise these this time around.
I'm pretty sure most of the countries concerned in Group D and E will have their games on TV as I've seen them broadcast less important ones before.

The ones I am the less convinced by would be Denmark – which would be a shame considering they're at home – and definitely Great Britain.

For Ukraine and Japan, it will most likely be on YouTube.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
It depends on whether KHLers will play or not...
Ermm.. NHLers can play. Pretty sure that if NA guys come, Slovakia will outplay Kazakhstan and Austria regardless of whether there are KHLers or Slovak league players on their 4th line.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Ermm.. NHLers can play. Pretty sure that if NA guys come, Slovakia will outplay Kazakhstan and Austria regardless of whether there are KHLers or Slovak league players on their 4th line.
I think they will want the KHL Defensemen. They are pretty shallow on NHL/AHL Defense.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Apparently that’s the case, but they may lose an NHLer because of it. Pospisil appears unhappy about the KHL players being invited and is considering sitting out.

Is Pospisil unhappy playing with Kuzmenko? He obviously should say something about this then...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad