Olympics 2026 qualification

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Shutov is quietly Kazakhstan's MVP. It was a tie between him and Mikhailis yesterday but it is clear now. 3 goals on 80+ shots and certainly not all of them were easy, saved penalty shot between those as well. It's kinda a player like that is moving to Slovakia.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

aquaregia

May 23, 2022
Lancashire
Yeah would say otherwise that it would have been down mostly to poor Austrian finishing/chance creation but third period he was up against some serious pressure.

Ought Slovakia to be a bit concerned? Didn't see all of their game v Austria but they were rather clinging on toward the end in that one.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Atrocious hockey by Kazakhstan. Surely they can't luck out a ticket to OG's on Sunday, right?

aquaregia

May 23, 2022
Lancashire
GB limping to a rather tame defeat this time, not too shocked after such a quick turnaround and an intense workout yesterday evening. Just hope they have something left in the tank for Japan to avoid the wooden spoon at this point.

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
Well, France got 6 points and a goal difference of +9 after 2 games. I don't think many French fans would have dared dream such scenario.

Texier and Da Costa playing on the same line is fun to watch.

Again, the trust and admiration expressed by most of the veterans towards Papillon says it all.

Now the big game on Sunday. Still betting on Latvia to win it.

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
If there is anyone to be concerned for, it is Latvia on sunday.
Denmark - Norway the most unpredictable pair. Latvia - France next one. Slovakia - Kazakhstan the easiest to predict, as was expected before the tourney.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
At this level everyone has a chance, Austria even beat Finland at the World Championships some months ago. But Kazakhstan hasn't exactly been trending up the last few years.

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
I doubt before the tournament most would have expected Kazakhstan to be in the "pair" at this point over Austria.
Well, they are playing Slovakia on the last day because of the rating - the most important game according to predictions is always put last. And they have a better rating because they have twice as much wins in the last four years as Austria. Sure, some high profile young guys make Austria definitely better than usually, but only slightly above Kazakhstan, if even above at all.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Kazakhstan had a good tournament in 2021 with basically an all-imported defense. Their natives haven't looked adequate on their own.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Reactions: FrHockeyFan

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Sukel!

Slovaks with 3 very good passes in tight... Hungary D looked a bit confused and the goalie was left out to dry.

2-1 after 25 minutes. I won't lie, I'd prefer Slovakia build a big lead here and run away with it.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Usually I find myself rooting for the underdogs but the Olympic qualifiers are different. The rosters of Hungary and Kazakhstan will look the same whether it's best-on-best Olympics or the World Championship while Slovakia, Denmark and Latvia will be well-elevated.

3-1 Slovakia.

Reactions: Czechboy

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
No place for Tralmaks even on PP2? That's an interesting decision not gonna lie

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Usually I find myself rooting for the underdogs but the Olympic qualifiers are different. The rosters of Hungary and Kazakhstan will look the same whether it's best-on-best Olympics or the World Championship while Slovakia, Denmark and Latvia will be well-elevated.

3-1 Slovakia.
This.. and Slovakia is restocking the cupboards.. they could have a nice looking squad in 2026 that will mostly all be around for 2030 where I think they could do some damage.

Reactions: Urbanskog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad