Olympics 2024

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Wow, does France get a very late PK? Kalimuendo pulled down, given.

Another terrible corner going nowhere, but stupid foul by Spain. Corners are 10-0 for France.

Mateta handles the pressure well, extra time looming.

Last edited:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
That's a penalty but it is never called if it's not France in France. We've seen dozens of play like this with VAR never called.

• Haha
Reactions: OKR

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Turrientes hits the bar on 97th minute. I didn't think Spain has another goal in them, given that they've subbed off so many of their best players.

Still think France are the favourites to score before shootout, but Spain are surprisingly potent even this late.

Reactions: luiginb

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That's a penalty but it is never called if it's not France in France. We've seen dozens of play like this with VAR never called.
Disgusting post. It's an obvious pen, called everytime when it's that obvious. In fact, there's is a similar foul at the first post. But the second post one is so damn obvious even though the corner was way off.
The ref can miss it but the VAR was obviously going to call it.

Reactions: Jussi

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Disgusting post. It's an obvious pen, called everytime when it's that obvious. In fact, there's is a similar foul at the first post. But the second post one is so damn obvious even though the corner was way off.
I'm going to bookmark this post and bump it for you when you cry about something like this with PSG, I know I've seen it before

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm going to bookmark this post and bump it for you when you cry about something like this with PSG, I know I've seen it before
Oh it would be called against PSG 100%. Wouldn't even need VAR.

To say it's ref bias here is quite the HUGE homer take.

I still hate Henry's changes.
Cherki would so change this game.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah, that's as clear a foul as one can see. That should be called against anyone. If my team's player did that, I'd be furious. The whole hockey attitude of "let the boys play" simply won't do in football.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The ball was also 15 feet over both players' heads. Grab or not grab, the French player is never getting to that ball.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Oh it would be called against PSG 100%. Wouldn't even need VAR.

To say it's ref bias here is quite the HUGE homer take.
All the power to you if you believe this is called in a random league fixture game. I've seen this exact play (especially when there is no chance to make a play) and not been called often. If they called everything in every corner we have a few pens in each game.

This is Uzbekistan against Egypt and that is not called.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's not calling EVERYHING, since as I said, there was a similar foul on the same play, but much more lowkey.
The called one was so obvious it's not funny.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Doue with a good forward run and a good enough pass to Mateta, but he fails to even get a shot off.
Pass wasn't good enough IMO.
Doue has been very underwhelming in this OG. Probably has to do with his incoming transfer.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You can say it doesn't matter, ignoring the routine instances in league play where it does matter and the foul isn't called.
Oh I've seen obvious grappling like that get called. Both against United and for United.

It's not calling EVERYHING, since as I said, there was a similar foul on the same play, but much more lowkey.
The called one was so obvious it's not funny.
That was straight up Greco-Roman wrestling grabbing.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Oh I've seen obvious grappling like that get called. Both against United and for United.
And a lot more times go uncalled.

It is a matter of consistency on the calls.
And I don't talk about this game in particular because I've not seen the complete game, it is possible Spain have done this more times to France or the other way around.

Nice goal now

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I still hate Henry's changes.
Cherki would so change this game.

I agree. Haven't really followed any of teams managed by Henry before this tournament, but he seems bad at subs at least.

It's somewhat small roster, but even so. He must really hate Cherki, or more likely can't figure out how to accommodate him.

Mostly same for Doue, who I think has been good when coming on, the problem seems to be more that the team hasn't been able to adjust to him to make most of his abilities. That's somewhat understandable compared to a club team, where you get more practice time to build up a working system.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad