Olympics 2024

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Yeah I read that but didn't watch much other than highlights.
gotcha. yeah, IMO he is definitely good enough to have deserved to start at the Euros for France, even though obviously the internal NT politics of him starting over Griezmann would've been untenable.

i'm hoping that Kompany at Bayern isn't a total disaster, simply because I don't want Olise's development to get caught up in the crossfire of that. he's too talented and he's really on the precipice of being a top top attacking midfielder

Reactions: luiginb

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And as I said, I think he can take that next step when he's told to move on his right foot at least 40% of the time.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
His arm is only flailing like that because he's falling after being fouled. Shouldn't be a penalty IMO. The stills look bad because they erase that context. This will get given.

Wow, not given! Not often a ref goes to the monitor and it doesn't get given.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
In the first half Lacazette was similarly pushed inside the box and it wasn't given as foul and no penalty. This time same kind of push was given as a foul.

I don't mind this latter wasn't given as a PK, but it's disppointing that this ref hasn't consistent decisions even within the same match.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Will Cherki come in and save Henry's ass?

Imagine that, Doue gets a chance and obtains a red card after an explosive run.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Such a idiotic tackle.

First yellow was for insanely stupid dissent too.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Exactly the kind of play where Olise has to cross with his right. Too easy to defend.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
a bone-headed yellow produces the circumstances enabling a bone-headed second yellow. foolishness.

egypt won't be able to hang on with 10, i can't imagine

Reactions: OKR

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I have no idea why Egyptians are behaving like crap with the ref here.
All the right calls were made.

Reactions: OKR

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Henry should really make a sub at midfield, those players look really tired there, which could risk an injury. Mateta too, but they don't have another profile like his, so at least it makes sense to keep him on as a target.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah Doue came in, got the red card and created havoc on the last goal.
Cherki came in and was excellent his 3 minutes lol.
Not a fan of Akliouche's performance.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Horrible defensive mistakes cost Spain as they lost to Brazil in the semis. It started early with keeper Cata Coll kicking a clearance at own defender (via a slight deflection) and the ball bounced in.

Spain hasn't had a particularly good tournament overall, and their defence was especially poor in this match.

Whereas Brazil somehow managed to play their best match of the tournament. Although I don't think they were as good as the winning margin suggest, but they did capitalize on Spain's mistakes very well.

USA would still seem to be a favourite in the final, they made Germany look rather inept, even if it took extra time to win 1-0. Smith finished well and could and probably should have scored another one.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
This match looks to have been decided quickly. First El Azzouli with a nice shot and then tournament top scorer Rahimi makes it 2-0 with a header after 24 minutes. His 7th goal.

Edit: 3-0 El Khannouss, rather unspectular shot went in easily. And then Rahimi again 15 mins later, 4-0. Already 5-0, Nakach getting to ball before defender inside the box and quiding the ball in. Egypt being badly outclassed, especially the sub defender Tarek.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
And captain Hakimi caps their 6-0 performance with a top corner free kick.

Tomorrow's final should be a lot more competitive affair.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,594.00