Olympics: Olympic Boxing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I have coherently stated my opinion on the issues we've discussed. Over the next 20-30 years this will become more of an issue with the amount of toxic food/environment we here in the West consume. We are getting sicker and sicker and these hand full of anomalies now will change the playing field in the future. There is no doubt.
None of that has to do with this thread's topic.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
"People" can discuss all they want, but there's nothing unclear about the (Olympic) rules. If they want their own boxing rules then establish a boxing federation and voilà.

...or in this particular case just join the IBA (bon voyage).

Having "female" stamped on a passport is a clear enough rule. What isn't clear is why other Olympic sports have more comprehensive rules and testing than the ones the IOC choose to institute?

I understand it is a tricky topic but at the heart of it is the fairness of women competition/why there is even a woman's division in the first place. The right of a person to compete at the Olympics or at the highest level of a sport is no greater than the right of a person expecting to be competing against competition deemed to be fair and in some cases, not unsafe.

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
None of that has to do with this thread's topic.
You along with others did entertain the discussion. It started with boxing and morphed into adjacent topics like most conversations do since the beginning of time. If you no longer wish to discuss it that's fine but you were as much apart of it as I. The topic was about a female Olympic boxer who had many issues concerning her possible genetic make up. Everyone has an opinion.

Also, I wasn't the first to bring it up. It was literally the first post of this thread. lol

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You along with others did entertain the discussion. It started with boxing and morphed into adjacent topics like most conversations do since the beginning of time. If you no longer wish to discuss it that's fine but you were as much apart of it as I. The topic was about a female Olympic boxer who had many issues concerning her possible genetic make up. Everyone has an opinion.

Also, I wasn't the first to bring it up. It was literally the first post of this thread. lol
Except the issues were fabricated, which was well covered.

Reactions: uncleben

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Having "female" stamped on a passport is a clear enough rule. What isn't clear is why other Olympic sports have more comprehensive rules and testing than the ones the IOC choose to institute?

I understand it is a tricky topic but at the heart of it is the fairness of women competition/why there is even a woman's division in the first place. The right of a person to compete at the Olympics or at the highest level of a sport is no greater than the right of a person expecting to be competing against competition deemed to be fair and in some cases, not unsafe.
How is that unclear? Different sports have different federations that make their own rules independently. If boxing gains a recognized international federation they, too, naturally become self-governing.

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I did not have all the information about the IBA when I posted that.
You were also the first to make accusations about people calling them men and that it was disgusting to say that. So you knew they were not men but agreed with the IBA ruling. What was wrong with the ruling?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You were also the first to make accusations about people calling them men and that it was disgusting to say that. So you knew they were not men but agreed with the IBA ruling. What was wrong with the ruling?
I did not. There's no documentation of the testing and the IBA leadership is known for being both homophobic and transphobic and also a Putin ally, hence favoritism towards Russian boxers. It all stinks to high heaven, as the saying goes.

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
This is sort of IOC's own making by not adopting the standards of the boxing federations. But calling these athletes "men" (in the other thread) just because of their naturally higher testosterone production is both ignorant and insulting.
Did I read this wrong?
I did not. There's no documentation of the testing and the IBA leadership is known for being both homophobic and transphobic and also a Putin ally, hence favoritism towards Russian boxers. It all stinks to high heaven, as the saying goes.
you brought "men" to this discussion.

Anyways it doesn't even matter anymore.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Did I read this wrong?

you brought "men" to this discussion.
I wasn't referring necessarily to this site but idiots like Melon, Piers Morgan, J.K Rowling etc. who were calling Khelif a man on social media, blatantly pushing Russian disinformation and proving themselves to be useful idiots.

Last edited:

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I wasn't referring necessarily to this site but idiots like Melon, Piers Morgan, J.K Rowling etc. who were calling Khelif a man on social media, blatantly pushing Russian disinformation and proving themselves to be useful idiots.
Don't you think this was way off topic bro?

Listen at the end of the day what used to be considered male and female is changing, albeit very slowly, but enough in the sporting community that it needs to be addressed. It is important to have a baseline to what is deemed acceptable and fair when it comes to competition. What is happening now is make up the rules as you go. I was thinking maybe you make a division in the para-Olympics where these athletes can compete against each other. There are only 4000 athletes compared to 11000 from the Olympics. This way if records are broken they would be para-Olympic records and not effect Olympic records.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Don't you think this was way off topic bro?

Listen at the end of the day what used to be considered male and female is changing, albeit very slowly, but enough in the sporting community that it needs to be addressed. It is important to have a baseline to what is deemed acceptable and fair when it comes to competition. What is happening now is make up the rules as you go. I was thinking maybe you make a division in the para-Olympics where these athletes can compete against each other. There are only 4000 athletes compared to 11000 from the Olympics. This way if records are broken they would be para-Olympic records and not effect Olympic records.
No, it needed to be said because that's where the discussion veered onto this board. People repeating talking points from these people without doing any research on the IBA, any background on Khelif.

That's a discussion for a different thread, you've already derailed this thread enough. Feel free to start a new thread at the General Sports section.

Last edited:

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Did my last post get deleted. I'm not sure.
No, it needed to be said because that's where the discussion veered onto this board. People repeating talking points from these people without doing any research on the IBA, any background on Khelif.

That's a discussion for a different thread, you've already derailed this thread enough. Feel free to start a new thread at the General Sports section.
What do you think about my para-Olympic idea?

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I don't care to talk about it in this thread. If you genuinely want to talk about this, then do as I recommended, start a thread for it at the General Sports section.
I would like for you to look at every post you have made in this thread and show one time where you spoke about any other boxers who didn't make headlines about "gender". You did however post clips of women's voices to prove a point, female runners with jacked physiques, and brought up talk show hosts/personalities who you disagreed with. There couldn't be a person here who has derailed a thread about Olympic boxing more than you. Now you are trying anyway you can to shift the focus. You should look in the mirror.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I would like for you to look at every post you have made in this thread and show one time where you spoke about any other boxers who didn't make headlines about "gender". You did however post clips of women's voices to prove a point, female runners with jacked physiques, and brought up talk show hosts/personalities who you disagreed with. There couldn't be a person here who has derailed a thread about Olympic boxing more than you. No you are trying anyway you can to shift the focus. You should look in the mirror.
We're done.

Don't make it about the poster, stop trying to bait people into a reply.
If you would like to have a conversation on another topic, start a new thread.

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
mic-drop-dave-chappelle.gif

Cool.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal

This does sound filled with good intentions, I am sure. The issue is with the case concerned here none of those things would actually matter. Khelif's case became political, based on "looks" and perceived notions that could be used and were as such by people and organizations that have interests beyond her. The IBA for promoting an undefeated Russian, the idiots on Twitter for enabling their more and more insane crusade against a fringe population that had nothing to do with it.

There's zero evidence based on Khelif's fairly long career that she is unfair competition for other women, supported by testimonies from her numerous opponents as well. There's no evidence going in the ring with her is unsafe in any way (well, as far as getting punched repeatedly in the head could be safe). However, what was said about her? That's definitely not looking after her safety, which goes against the pretentious virtue signalling of that crowd. Luckily it seems like the Algerian people is not buying that nonsense, but it only takes one lunatic to do so.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
There's zero evidence based on Khelif's fairly long career that she is unfair competition for other women, supported by testimonies from her numerous opponents as well. There's no evidence going in the ring with her is unsafe in any way (well, as far as getting punched repeatedly in the head could be safe). However, what was said about her? That's definitely not looking after her safety, which goes against the pretentious virtue signalling of that crowd. Luckily it seems like the Algerian people is not buying that nonsense, but it only takes one lunatic to do so.

Isn't that besides the point? Isn't the point the possibility of unfair/unsafe competition based on testosterone levels.

Not sure I know enough to have an opinion one way or the other but it does not sound crazy to think that she could have not been eligible if she had been required to follow the guidelines from other regulatory bodies like track and swimming vs. the "passport" test.

Of course is does not sound crazy to dismiss anything that happened with that boxing authority.

And of course this can depend on whether you have choosen to take a side in the culture war.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Not sure I know enough to have an opinion one way or the other but it does not sound crazy to think that she could have not been eligible if she had been required to follow the guidelines from other regulatory bodies like track and swimming vs. the "passport" test.
Why?

I think the "passport" thing is being misrepresented to an extent here as well. It's the entry point, but it does not mean no more testing done after the fact. Khelif would still have been tested all the way during the competition, as she has been for years without a single issue.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Isn't that besides the point? Isn't the point the possibility of unfair/unsafe competition based on testosterone levels.

Of course is does not sound crazy to dismiss anything that happened with that boxing authority.

And of course this can depend on whether you have choosen to take a side in the culture war.
Well clearly you don't since you ignored my earlier post about the Le Point article where one of the Khelif''s team's member mention about getting her tested in Paris after getting the claim from IBA. Test said testosterone and chromosome could give issues but she was 100% a woman. So passport was not required.

Why?

I think the "passport" thing is being misrepresented to an extent here as well. It's the entry point, but it does not mean no more testing done after the fact. Khelif would still have been tested all the way during the competition, as she has been for years without a single issue.
Plus test results would've come out quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad