Prospect Info: Oliver Kapanen, RHC, KalPa U20 (U20 SM-sarja), 64th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Maybe split up the top line

Newhook-Suzuki-Caufield
Slafkovsky-Dach-Kapanen
They might spread it out at some point. But I think Caufield and Newhook are too small to be on opposite wings. I don't find Newhook strong on board battles.

I think Newhook-Slaf and Caufield-Kapanen/Roy could play opposite wings, and then you have one of Suzuki and Dach between each.

Reactions: Leon Lucius Black

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Well I had it a bit different I would us Caufield/Dach/Kap to start with and I don't think taking Slaf off Suzuki's flank is a great idea.
I like the progress he's made beside the Captain and still think he has more to learn details wise.
agreed. I like keeping Newhook and Slaf on separate lines anyway because we have so many RH shots.

Slafkovsky-Suzuki-Kapanen
Caufield-Dach-Newhook

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
So now that we know Laine won’t be out as long as we expected do we send him back to Sweden?
The 2-3 months leave enougth time to trade someone to make a spot for him if required and I think after 10 weeks in the NHL he can be sent down to the AHL instead of the SHL ( I remember something like with Heineman but he got injured and was sent back to Sweden).

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
I like both Kapanen and ABB together on the third to start the year. Good chemistry between the 2, they also both create turnovers in the neutral zone. Smart offensive players.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I like both Kapanen and ABB together on the third to start the year. Good chemistry between the 2, they also both create turnovers in the neutral zone. Smart offensive players.

Something like this?

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Newhook-Dach-Armia (until Laine returns)
ABB-Kapanen-Roy
Evans plus 2 out of three per night of Dvorak-Anderson-Gallagher
14th : Pezzetta

Barron-Matheson
Guhle-Struble
Hutson-Savard
7th: Xhekaj

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
For me the problem with Kapanen is that he's too light and too easily bumped off the puck. But the cealing is higher than I previously thought.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
For me the problem with Kapanen is that he's too light and too easily bumped off the puck. But the cealing is higher than I previously thought.
He's not "too light", he's not used to the NHL physicality and how thight/fast plays are. He will adapt over time.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He's not "too light" (he's almost 200 lbs), he's not used to the NHL physicality and how thight/fast plays are. He will adapt over time.
One thing I have always noticed about Finnish players is that they always appear to be solid technical players who come to NA prepared, Kapanen seems to be in that mold.
MSL pretty much said last night that he has made the team because of all the things he can do. He will only improve.

Reactions: morhilane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad