Prospect Info: Oliver Kapanen, RHC, KalPa U20 (U20 SM-sarja), 64th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I know we haven’t seen Dach in a while, but let’s not forget he’s absolute possession monster and play driver. FOs can improve and wingers can sub in. I would want Dachnup the middle of the ice all day

Dach is a beast and if he is indeed fully recovered and continues from where he left off this team is potentially a strong playoff contender imo.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I agree we need a spot opened up. I’m of the opinion, albeit maybe not popular, that it’s Anderson that needs to go. Gally can still be effective but at a much smaller role. He produced last year when with Newhook and Armia. He can play a grinding game he just can not play over 14 minutes a night. Anderson is too inconsistent, disappears for games at a time , has little IQ , plays die on his line.

As you said, Gallagher is still useful in a bottom six role whereas Anderson just doesn't have the IQ to grasp MSL's system and is a poor fit. Hopefully KH can move him at some point without giving up anything of significance. Perhaps Vancouver would consider moving Garland and his contract for Anderson and a 3rd/4th or retention. Garland would not be a perfect fit by any means but he at least would be able to learn fron MSL and play up and down the lineup if needed.

Reactions: MTL Dirty Birdy

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Kapanen plays another preseason game today. I would assume he is Habs training camp bound afterwards. He will pretty much be in game shape when he arrives. He will be an interesting young player to watch.

His SHL team starts their season in a week from tomorrow on the 20th so they likely don't have much preseason left, would think he would be on his way over to camp this weekend if there's no more preseason games.

Reactions: Tyson

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
LOL Ramage says that about all our top prospects. :laugh:
Well he said that about Kapanen and Engstrom and he's right about Kapanen, we always suffer injuries during the camp and Kapanen could definitely be a player that make the team out of the gate if they suffer 1 or 2 injuries at the forward position.

Forwards battling for an extra spot include the following IMO:

- Kapanen
- Heineman
- Barré-Boulet
- Beck

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Well he said that about Kapanen and Engstrom and he's right about Kapanen, we always suffer injuries during the camp and Kapanen could definitely be a player that make the team out of the gate if they suffer 1 or 2 injuries at the forward position.

Forwards battling for an extra spot include the following IMO:

- Kapanen
- Heineman
- Barré-Boulet
- Beck
Kapapen won't be an injury replacement if he makes the team. His contract situation is either NHL or SHL. If he makes the team, it's because he made the team for good.

Reactions: Rapala

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Kapapen won't be an injury replacement if he makes the team. His contract situation is either NHL or SHL. If he makes the team, it's because he made the team for good.
I disagree, I think he might benefit from an early injury during the camp to secure a spot in MTL for the season.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I agree particularly with the injury replacement theory.
In that case Owen Beck would make more sense as they could move him back down when the player returns.
If the injury is season ending that is a different animal but we won't go there.

Reactions: morhilane

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I disagree, I think he might benefit from an early injury during the camp to secure a spot in MTL for the season.
He's a poor injury replacement, he can't be yoyoed with the AHL as needed when the injured return with his SHL contract. This only work if it's a season ending injury to a center...and we don't want more of those.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
He's a poor injury replacement, he can't be yoyoed with the AHL as needed when the injured return with his SHL contract. This only work if it's a season ending injury to a center...and we don't want more of those.
I don't think it happen once last years that our top 13 forwards were healthy at the same time and Kapanen is definitely able to play as a winger as well. I guess we are going to find out in the next few days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad