Post-Game Talk: Oilers win 2-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Think you have to give credit to MacT for fixing the bottom 6. Now he just has to fix the Top 6. :laugh:

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Personally, I'm very conflicted, as I love winning and want the team to get past it's losing culture, but I can see how Ekblad could help our D-core.

Winning does take it's place on top though. It's much more important.

I feel the same but I think realistically if we finish out of the Ekblad pick it won't hurt us at all, we have the assets to acquire a top flight defender either way . I make the pick for one of the centers then move 2 maybe 3 of Eberle, Yak, Gagner + next year's 1st for that top dman probably a guy like Myers, Yandle, Edler type but what do I know that's just what I would do.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Oilers will be picking 4th or 5th IMO, I've always kinda felt that way. Teams are not going to be going balls to the wall in the last 20 games and with better goaltending, Edmonton has a chance to eek out more wins.

Dal Colle or Draistal would be OK anyway I guess.

Our offence sucks though, lol.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Personally, I'm very conflicted, as I love winning and want the team to get past it's losing culture, but I can see how Ekblad could help our D-core.

Winning does take it's place on top though. It's much more important.

If the team (as a whole) plays well, I want them to win. If they play bad, I want them to lose. Today, I would say they played well so I have no problem with a win.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
Good effort today, also why do pgt after wins always seem to be missing certain posters who claim to be Oiler fans who show up after every loss to remind us how much this team sucks.

Doc Scurlock

Nov 23, 2006
Good effort today, also why do pgt after wins always seem to be missing certain posters who claim to be Oiler fans who show up after every loss to remind us how much this team sucks.

It's alot easier and more fun to complain about stuff when things go wrong. I mean what are you going to say in this thread? Good game and then have 50 other posters agree with that statement and there's your thread in a nutshell.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Oilers will be picking 4th or 5th IMO, I've always kinda felt that way. Teams are not going to be going balls to the wall in the last 20 games and with better goaltending, Edmonton has a chance to eek out more wins.

Dal Colle or Draistal would be OK anyway I guess.

Our offence sucks though, lol.

Edmonton after the next 3 easy games will have the hardest games out of the lottery teams to finish the season.

Sharks X2
Anaheim x3
Kings
Avs
Rangers
Canucks

No way we drop to 5th

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I think it might be a gold star on this one to go along with his Scrivens and Perron trades.

Its a check mark right now, but since the contract is 4 years it may not look as good in the future. I don't mind it right now at all the way hes playing.

I actually think Hendricks is just as good of a player as Clarkson has been this season :laugh: He plays the exact role Clarkson plays, is better defensively, and doesn't cost us 5.25 *7 years :help:. Clarkson is better offensively, but this year it hasn't been by too much

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Especially absent lately given the club is on a pretty good 9-4-3 run. But one of the usual critics had about 10 posts the other night complaining about the Oilers in the STL loss.

Usual timing posts.

I thought the Oil played another solid road game today and a good effort in own zone by most of the players.

love the Yak attack. :handclap:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Edmonton after the next 3 easy games will have the hardest games out of the lottery teams to finish the season.

Sharks X2
Anaheim x3
Kings
Avs
Rangers
Canucks

No way we drop to 5th

Probably not, but you never now. I'm anticipating a no.4 pick. I'd take Dal Colle.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Look at your own avatar before you start criticizing any fan on how they cheer for this team.:shakehead

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Why do I get the feeling that the possibility of drafting Ekblad will come down to the last game or two?

Just the way it works with this franchise I guess.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Why do I get the feeling that the possibility of drafting Ekblad will come down to the last game or two?

Just the way it works with this franchise I guess.

They're not getting Ekblad unless he falls in the draft or they win the lottery. I think you just need to get over that.

Honestly it's unlikely even Ekblad would make a huge difference in our win/loss record for a minimum of 2 years or so.

More likely pick the best forward they can get in this draft and then move Yakupov + Gagner for a ready to play d-man.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I like that the team won the game. They didn't rely on Scrivens to bail them out. Scrivens was very good but he made a handful of errors.

The Hall-Gagner-Perron line was quite good too.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
needs to work on the username a bit as well. :D

I was like smart when I picked mine..:nod:

I remember when I was a mod and you first registered, and I was like "ooh boy, here's another of the new generation troublemakers."

Then I realized you were actually older than me.

:laugh:

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
They're not getting Ekblad unless he falls in the draft or they win the lottery. I think you just need to get over that.

Honestly it's unlikely even Ekblad would make a huge difference in our win/loss record for a minimum of 2 years or so.

More likely pick the best forward they can get in this draft and then move Yakupov + Gagner for a ready to play d-man.

The Oilers can very well likely pick Ekblad with the 2nd overall pick.

Buffalo will probably pick Reinhart first overall.

The Oilers won't get much for that offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad