Oilers vs Steve Kozari

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I have an idea !

mcDavid is fast, right? So fast that he is probably a decent speed if he is bobbing and weaving the entire time he skates so no one can grab a hold of him or predict his path.

Obviously he would need to play much fewer minutes, but his output would be 1-3 goals and 2-6 points on average with only 6 minutes average TOI.

Also obviously, we need some more greasy and cheap 3rd and 4th liners. The more clout with the league the better. We now instruct them to waterski whenever possible. This of course conserves their own energy thus allowing them to absorb the extra minutes that McDavid is ALLOWING them to have

I know you joke, but I might try this if I am an opposing player and see if I can get away with it for awhile. Just a few seconds of hanging on here and there.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Bingo!!! But a lot of this is on the coaches as well. They want their teams to prevent goals first and foremost. Tocchet's comments about "protecting the house" pretty much tell you the whole story.
They don't call penalties but they also don't complain all that much either. The refs represent the league. if Teams want things to be different they would be. But I suspect most coaches are happy with the game being called in a way that stifles the oppositions talent. The fact that it also stifles theirs is just a unfortunate biproduct.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Just take a fine and call out Kozari individually. At worst he still does the same stupid shit during our games and at best he has to cut it out because eyes/media will be all over the coverage of any Oiler game he does. As soon as you start making it uncomfortable for NHL execs because they constantly get questioned about it by media personnel the sooner they will have to make this bozo fall in line.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Just take a fine and call out Kozari individually. At worst he still does the same stupid **** during our games and at best he has to cut it out because eyes/media will be all over the coverage of any Oiler game he does. As soon as you start making it uncomfortable for NHL execs because they constantly get questioned about it by media personnel the sooner they will have to make this bozo fall in line.

Problem with that approach is the rest of the referee gang will fall behind Kozari and start “Kozari-ing” the Oilers themselves.

Right thing to do is to try and push the league to keep him away from the Oilers and let them know when he inevitably does this to the Oilers again.

Reactions: BlackDogg

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
He's just a terrible official overall. I have no doubt he has a grudge because of the McDavid incident but he sucks in every game he does.

Reactions: Faelko

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I don't know for sure but pretty sure the veteran bad ones just enjoy the power trip of being in control. Mcdavid chirping kozari will probably haunt him til one of them retires.

Reactions: Not Canada Drai

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The worst thing about Kozari is that he kinda looks like Kevin Lowe sometimes

Lucic-Steve-Kozari.jpg

4978-1207687RepFr.jpg

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I don't know for sure but pretty sure the veteran bad ones just enjoy the power trip of being in control. Mcdavid chirping kozari will probably haunt him til one of them retires.
Couldn’t help but picture Mick McGeough (RIP) as I read this.

I don’t think it’s just the veteran bad ones that feel this way but pretty much all of them that are on power trips.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The worst thing about Kozari is that he kinda looks like Kevin Lowe sometimes

Lucic-Steve-Kozari.jpg

4978-1207687RepFr.jpg
So you're saying Kozari knows a thing or two about winning? Actually he always wins cause he dictates the game to his desire.

What a f***ing loser.

Reactions: oobga

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Couldn’t help but picture Mick McGeough (RIP) as I read this.

I don’t think it’s just the veteran bad ones that feel this way but pretty much all of them that are on power trips.
Even Fraser, who is constantly talked about was all about being in control and taking over games.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Curious if there is a link here. But it would be interesting to see what ref called a penalty on which player.

I assume that stats relating to refs aren't readily available. Maybe as fans if we push for stat sites to track this kinda stuff it will make the refs more accountable.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Curious if there is a link here. But it would be interesting to see what ref called a penalty on which player.

I assume that stats relating to refs aren't readily available. Maybe as fans if we push for stat sites to track this kinda stuff it will make the refs more accountable.
The league has gone out of their way to make the officials as invisible as possible. They’ve gone from one referee in charge of a game to two referees. They’ve taken their names off their jerseys. I’d suspect these things were done in good part to make them less accountable. I doubt the league is interested in seeing these stats publicly available.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Im not going to do it, but has anyone figured out how many pims were called against MacD (ie where MacD was fouled) in the games Kozari reffed vs not?

Last edited:

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Just go after him in the game. See him hugging the line by the boards? Dump it in at him.
He's caught open in the ice? Turn your head and ram into him. Whoops, didn't see ya.

Throw a wrench at his head after the game. You know, the classics?

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
I can't believe a thread like this is up. A month ago this board was praising the Holland effect. I guess the honeymoon period has expired and now we are the bad guys. Maybe it is the Holland effect thread that jinxed us and now the refs hate us.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I can't believe a thread like this is up. A month ago this board was praising the Holland effect. I guess the honeymoon period has expired and now we are the bad guys. Maybe it is the Holland effect thread that jinxed us and now the refs hate us.
Not really, it's a concern about the officiating that has been noticeably substandard and this official has been a focal point of that substandard performances.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
So if Peters can be fired, what about refs? If a ref used a racist term to a player could the player speak up about it or they would just get fined and penalized for "abuse of officials"?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad