GDT: Oilers vs Panthers - Game 7 - Stanley Cup

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I firmly believe the only difference between us and the Edmonton Oilers is that they got lucky in 2015 and we didn't. They have garbage ownership and have done a garbage job building around McDavid and Draisaitl, and got to the finals despite themselves, only because those guys are who they are. I am glad they did not win, and I'm happy for Florida, an elite franchise who worked their asses off building an insanely good team the right way.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
ROR wins the Conn Smythe, Eichel probably should have won the Conn Smythe, now Reinart scores the game 7 GWG. What's next, Ristolainen's march to the cup?

Well, Florida has a player who's name is basically an anagram of Ristolainen. This might be as close as he gets.

Although, as a right-shot defenseman, Risto can have a long career if he wants it, corsis be damned. Jack Johnson's got a cup.

If we're being real about it, the most likely outcome for Risto getting a Cup is that it actually happens against the Sabres. Just when we thought it was safe. Boom. Risto wins it in OT like Uwe Krupp in '96.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
So glad..

Attachments

• GQ47-mpWEAE661B.jpg
    GQ47-mpWEAE661B.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Dingo44

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
We shipped out O’Reilly, Eichel, and Reinhart to teams close to winning a cup. It’s not surprising that adding them took those teams to a Cup championship.

Here they were building a winning culture, there they just had to fit in and play.

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
I firmly believe the only difference between us and the Edmonton Oilers is that they got lucky in 2015 and we didn't. They have garbage ownership and have done a garbage job building around McDavid and Draisaitl, and got to the finals despite themselves, only because those guys are who they are. I am glad they did not win, and I'm happy for Florida, an elite franchise who worked their asses off building an insanely good team the right way.
I think Florida got lucky they got to poach a heap of talent from another garbage ownership and badly built team.

Reactions: Willgamesh

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
We shipped out O’Reilly, Eichel, and Reinhart to teams close to winning a cup. It’s not surprising that adding them took those teams to a Cup championship.

Here they were building a winning culture, there they just had to fit in and play.
Heavy amount of copium going on. There’s absolutely no reason why Buffalo couldn’t try to build a team that allowed any of them to fit in and play. Buffalo couldn’t and they are showing they can’t.

Let’s call a spade a spade, the Blues, Knoghts, Panthers knew what to do with the players, Buffalo didn’t. That’s on coaching and management. They showed themselves capable of playing playoff caliber hockey. There’s no need to try and your convince yourself in diluting those players’ impacts on their teams just to make oneself feel better.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I think you are underestimating just how inept our management has been.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Edmonton managed not to chase all of their high draft picks and other talent out of town and watch them go on to win cup after cup with other teams.

The difference is ownership, management and coaching. Our players clearly haven't been the problem with the # of them that have gone on to win cups.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

The top 4 scorers, the #1 goalie, and multiple depth players on the 2017-18 Sabres have gone on to win Cups elsewhere in the six seasons since then.

:banghead:

• Wow
Reactions: DapperCam

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo

Much needed context that most people gratuitously wallowing in the Buffawoe™© seem to leave out.

Here they were immature party boys who wasted their and our time. Lessons most of us have to learn the hard way, but I hate that they did it on our dime only to find adult success elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: joshjull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad