GDT: Oilers vs Jets - 7:00 PM; Roger's Place

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
He could start with one

cut.png

Exactly my point. Thanks for playing man. Btw how's nuge doing? 0 points? Nice. Guess he's even worse than yak

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Yak should just fire Larionov and become a 3rd liner through and through.

Just get him to watch videos of Tikanen and start making simple plays out there 100% of the time while growing a mustache and agitating the opposing team.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
And until that happens he's still an oiler. I don't understand why that's so hard for you to get.

We ice the best team we can while we can. Every win matters and based on pre season, Yak has made arguably a bigger impact than the guys he's competing against, fair and square.

And actually bob said there was no immitnent deal as of now, but hey we see what we want to right?
Avatar bet he is traded by end of October 2 month bet ?

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Avatar bet he is traded by end of October 2 month bet ?

Oh don't get me wrong, I know he's gonna be traded at some point.

My point was that he's still an oiler, he beat his competition in preseason, so he deserves to be on the team UNTIL he gets traded.

Whether that's tomorrow or next month, it doesn't really matter. He's earned a spot on this team as long as he is on it.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Exactly my point. Thanks for playing man. Btw how's nuge doing? 0 points? Nice. Guess he's even worse than yak

We know RNH, he's a solid 2C

We don't know where the hell Yak goes, and he hasn't done a lot to show us

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
We know RNH, he's a solid 2C

We don't know where the hell Yak goes, and he hasn't done a lot to show us

Accepting the fact Yak will be traded does not mean hating on the player. Just looks like at this point to be reality.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
My players of note from tonight:

Gustavsson - looked like a totally different player than vs Vancouver, good night or him

DEFENCE - (overall the d was shaky I found tonight)
Oscar Klefbom - can play better, was just a little off

Adam Larsson. -had to cover a bit for Klef, but both are still cool customers with the puck

Andrej Sekera. - struggled in his own zoneI found, but I think the lack of organization at this stage was more to blame (ie: outlet options not being in the right spots). Offensively was good

Griffin Reinhart - was ok.

FORWARD
Connor McDavid - duh.

Leon Draisaitl - didn't quite have it tonight, had trouble making plays, getting his motor going. At one point McLellan was on the bench churning his arm at him telling him to get going

Jesse Puljujarvi - well. Bomb of a shot, just explodes off his stick. But a few more giveaways and some meandering around the ice shows his youth.

Nail Yakupov - another decent showing. Genuinely enjoyed being on the ice tonight

Patrick Maroon - boy if this is the new Maroon, lookout. Good game

----

Anyone not listed I did not have anything special on my radar for them. Benning was fine I guess but I didn't see him as strong as some others.

Ummm. Pouliot? Best player on the ice last night, at both ends of the ice. Was a beast.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Yak played well last night. He was one of best wingers on the ice behind Eberle and Maroon, maybe Lucic. 2 strong games in a row

JP was a tad dissappointing with the giveaways. Although the encouraging thing was you could tell he knew where the puck should go, just the speed got to him and couldnt make the right play

AdamBom was a solid pairing. Klefbom was a bit rusty on some passes. Although made some really nice outlet passes. One bank pass off the board (from behind our blue line) to a streaking Yak almost hit him in stride and sent him on a break. It was offside by a hair but honestly was an amazing pass. Its also crazy how much they talk on ice (Larsson and Klefbom). Every TV timeout, on the bench, and waiting for faceoff they are communicating. I think they really enjoy that pairing

McDavid- Wow. Wow. Wow. If he plays like that hell be best player in the world soon. The statement "getting people on edge of their seats" was VERY real for Mcdavid last night. I found myself doing just that

Sekera-Great showing

Benning-Reinhart- Benning takes this round again. Reinhart was below average. Benning after first period was noticeably better

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Can't belive how much praise you guys are giving yak and ignoring pouliot. Yak at best was ok. Poo was the best player on the ice not named mcdavid. By a far margin, too.

Icemann

Nov 2, 2008
Benning

What is Matt Bennings position at the moment? Does he make the team for a opening night?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Accepting the fact Yak will be traded does not mean hating on the player. Just looks like at this point to be reality.

I'm sort of tired of the "hate" word thrown around so much these days. Don't agree with someone, your a hater. It's gotten past the point of being ridiculous.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Pouliot and Maroon. WOW.

BTW Maroon CAN and HAS played both wings. LOL.

Maroon and Poo playing well really can stack that top 9. Just awesome to see Maroon being so poised.

Last edited:

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Benning was better than Gryba and Reinhart but wasnt anything special. Made plenty mistakes of his own.
I dont see him on the starting roster but he could be kept around as a #7 for a bit.

Nurse-Davidson seems to be a lock for 3rd pairing.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Let me know when Yak hits 50 points in a season.

Or 40 for that matter.

nevermind plays important minutes and the far more important position.

comparing usefulness of a bit winger to a top 6 two-way proven centre...that is what knowledgeable fans do right? lol

i saw that reply up there and had a hearty laugh at it. :sarcasm:

add in that the bit winger is a distraction with his whining and trade requests. boot the piece of !!!!. get him out of here. he doesnt want the jersey? he never deserved it.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Pouliot and Maroon. WOW.

BTW Maroon CAN and HAS played both wings. LOL.

Maroon and Poo playing well really can stack that top 9. Just awesome to see Maroon being so poised.

are you thinking what I am thinking??
Pouliot-McDavid-Maroon

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
are you thinking what I am thinking??
Pouliot-McDavid-Maroon

No. of course not. that spot is definitely eberles... but having poo and Maroon on the same line with nuge or Drais. Man this forward lineup is sick.

I knew we were deep but i really didnt expect Maroon to be as good as last year....he looks much BETTER. his IQ and his poise and hands and speed and .... everything in his game is BETTER

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'm confident you'd figure it out. :naughty:

nevermind plays important minutes and the far more important position.

comparing usefulness of a bit winger to a top 6 two-way proven centre...that is what knowledgeable fans do right? lol

i saw that reply up there and had a hearty laugh at it. :sarcasm:

add in that the bit winger is a distraction with his whining and trade requests. boot the piece of !!!!. get him out of here. he doesnt want the jersey? he never deserved it.

It's such a baffling comparison to me. RNH has been the better player in a tougher position. Yak supporters always try to throw shade onto the other players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad