GDT: Oilers vs Canucks - Final Rexall Game

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The litmus test has already been failed. We know what they are. One game doesn't change anything.

I think it's actually worse if they decide to show up in a meaningless game, but decided in games that actually meant something not to show up.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
The Oilers haven't been playing that bad. They blew the Calgary game, but they played very well against LA, San Jose, and Anaheim. They'll probably come out pretty hard tonight.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
The Oilers haven't been playing that bad. They blew the Calgary game, but they played very well against LA, San Jose, and Anaheim. They'll probably come out pretty hard tonight.

and those games lately have been on the road except Anaheim I think, notice lately how they seem to show up for the road games but **** the bed against Calgary at home?

Anaheim, they didnt show up though till 5-10 mins left in the game.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I think it's actually worse if they decide to show up in a meaningless game, but decided in games that actually meant something not to show up.

They routinely decide not to show up in games that mean something. They no-show in every type of game, that's what I'm talking about.

While I agree with this, I would like to see this team show some bloody pride.

I sure would like that too, but time after time they have shown that even when they have a little pride, it's fleeting.

JJTopper

Registered Creeper
Jul 11, 2002
Visit site
As long as they put in a honest effort, it should be a great night. Really looking forward to the game/ceremony! GO OILERS GO! :handclap:

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Former Oilers who will not make it:

Bill Hicke (died in 2005)
Len Lunde (died in 2010)
Chris Worthy (died in 2007)
Jacques Plante (died in 1986)
Bill Flett (died in 1999)
Larry Hornung (died in 2001)
Pete Laframboise (died in 2011)
Barry Wilkins (died in 2011)
Don McLeod (died in 2015)
Paul Schmyr (died in 2004)
Juha Widing (died in 1984)
Garnet Bailey (died in 2001)
Bill Goldsworthy (died in 1996)
Rudy Tajcnar (died in 2005)
Don Ashby (died in 1981)
Igor Vyazmikin (died in 2009)
Walt Poddubny (died in 2009)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Am i the only one who is excited for this?

There are a lot of people excited and I can see why.

To me though it's another game. The one thing I'm more watching this game for outside of McDavid is that it's potentially the last our 2nd last time that we see some guys wearing an Oiler jersey.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I don't know maybe it's just me, but I really don't care about it being the last game at Rexall. This is like the day your 1st piece of **** car dies.

What I will be thinking about is about 300 games my dad took me to iny youth. He passed ten years ago and I am thinking of how much he brought hockey into my life

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
It's going to be like what happens when a very weak force meets an easily moveable object is what you're saying.

lasers2.jpg

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Was just at the event in Churchill Square.

Great to hear Mess and Smytty speak.

Semenko is looking old, but still a scary dude.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
This would be more meaningful to me if they were actually competitive and either contending for a playoff spot or in the playoffs. But the last 10 years, Hell this whole season has been a **** show and its just killed the mood.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I know that the last game soured a lot of people on the team and rightfully so, but they had been pretty well prior to that so I think they bounce back tonight and beat down the Canucks.

On another note, is the pre and post-game stuff going to be streamed anywhere?

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
So he is the only one?

The ceremony will be great. The game itself will likely be crap.

Hopefully I make it home for the ceremony. It's smart scheduling that they have the majority of the festivities after the game. It will likely be too long to make the players sit through that before the game. Splitting the ceremonies between pre- and post- game also ensures people stick around for the game.

Yeah, the Oilers have lost another season. it really sucks. Today is a day for being thankful for the history of the team and looking forward to a symbolic re-birth in the new rink.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
And the NHL puts Tom Kowal in to officiate the last game at Rexall.

Fitting that they would drop the worst official in the NHL in Edmonton for the final send off.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
A lot of guys have jobs that they probably couldn't get away from as well.

I'm actually pretty disappointed that guys like Weight, Marchant, Staios, Jason Smith and Moreau can't be there.

Weight is coaching with the Islanders so I'm not surprised he didn't come. Gotta figure he's too busy to get away. I'm not sure of the schedules of the rest of them. Im really disappointed Jason Smith didn't come. He's one of my favorite Oilers of all time and he bled the Oiler colors. I wonder if there's still bad blood between Moreau and the organization considering how things ended here for him.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
instead of raising a glass for Rexall, I'll raise a glass to the strip bar that used to be across the street at the Coliseum Inn back in the day.
If only that shower could talk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad