Proposal: Oilers/Rangers - Draisaitl for Shesterkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
bold is true but just b'c Bs jumped out a window after getting bent over, does not mean Rs will follow

Shesty wherever for top $ or no deal
he is like 5.6 this season

w/Leafs needing to do something dif to change trajectory/not repeat last few seasons, I see
Shesty + Zib +
for
Nylander +
Odd deal, honestly, but it could work. Are the Rangers OK losing a top 6 C for yet another winger though?

The recent Nylander signing and the huge cap hit going to Toronto likely kills the deal though. I think most additions would have to come from Toronto to NY.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The issue with what you’re saying is this.

We’re talking about the goalie around the league that has the most value. Ullmark is very good, but didn’t even have the most value on his own team. Markstrom who is worse went for more. You can’t look at one trade in isolation to approximate a trade for a different category of player.

We are going to ask for the moon to trade Igor. You are going to ask for the moon to trade Drai. The idea that there’s some way to approximate value for both is silly. If one of those super trades happen it’s likely to just be a trade that both sides aren’t happy with and the value doesn’t add up to both sides. I’m not advocating for this trade, but I genuinely don’t think you guys could get Igor without including one of McDrai. And with that, I think the conclusion is that there’s no trade to be made.
While that's true, I don't think the Rangers could get Draisaitl even with the inclusion of Igor. He's all world, but we're just plain not moving Leon.

Reactions: ElPrimeTime

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
While that's true, I don't think the Rangers could get Draisaitl even with the inclusion of Igor. He's all world, but we're just plain not moving Leon.
At any given time teams are in flux and deals may then be more or less likely dep on circumstances.
Earlier, esp much earlier at start of season
moving almost anybody was a discussion

that has changed
Oil now mostly tweaks +, not big deals .... for now

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
At any given time teams are in flux and deals may then be more or less likely dep on circumstances.
Earlier, esp much earlier at start of season
moving almost anybody was a discussion

that has changed
Oil now mostly tweaks +, not big deals .... for now
Yep. One shot away in Game 7 of the Cup finals.

Edmonton does not need monumental, foundation shaking moves. They need a couple solid adds in free agency and to shed a bit of cap, primarily via buying out Campbell and possibly finding a new home for Kane or Ceci.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Odd deal, honestly, but it could work. Are the Rangers OK losing a top 6 C for yet another winger though?

The recent Nylander signing and the huge cap hit going to Toronto likely kills the deal though. I think most additions would have to come from Toronto to NY.
Zib sees:
Trouba, Lindgren, bread ... all dealt
so along w/Shesty, he agrees to waive

Shesty + Zib + 20251st [Leafs do not have theirs that yr]
for
Nylander, Knies, Lilj, 2024 + 2026 1sts

Leafs rely on Matthews, add a dif maker in net, rejuvenate in while losing Knies they get young replacement for exiting Tavares

Rs get bookend 1RW complements Kreider, for now Knies 1C, Lilj helps at RD
add extra 1st
NY accommodates TOR swapping earlier 2025 for 2026 so Leafs don't go 2 straight w'o a 1st

as to $$$
Shesty is like 5.6 this season
he gets extended but that cap effective is that following season

so it is 5.6 + Zib 8.5 = 14.1
other side, Nyl = 11.5 [which NY fits dealing/not renewing Panarin] + Knies 1.35 = 12.85 which i ballpark close
Lij = rfa rights

Yep. One shot away in Game 7 of the Cup finals.

Edmonton does not need monumental, foundation shaking moves. They need a couple solid adds in free agency and to shed a bit of cap, primarily via buying out Campbell and possibly finding a new home for Kane or Ceci.
congrats btw on a great year
coulda laid down and died, but your team showed heart + class

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad