Proposal: Oilers/Rangers - Draisaitl for Shesterkin

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
you may not want one but will need one
Pens nothing to brag about until MAF joinned
AND
coupla yrs he was not in form they were early exits, if memory serves
Adin Hill is a much more recent example that you don't a high priced goalie. Tell me how many cups your last Allstars goalie won

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Both players can become UFAs after next season. So it will be a mystery bag if each player re-signs or not with their new team. Both will get paid big bucks in that contract.

Rangers would need to find goaltending, but can run with Quick for a bit.

Oilers instantly become cup favorites again with a real goalie, despite losing a big player. Rangers also improve if Quick can play solid again next year.

Win/Win for both? Or Lose/Lose?

The Oilers are in pretty good shape now without that 'real' goalie that you seem to think they need.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
This did not age well. They are on the cusp of potentially winning the whole thing. Skinner has real good. They are going to run mcd and drai until they can’t anymore.

Reactions: spaghtti

smytty

Aug 1, 2015
In a 1 for 1 trade there's are maybe a handful of players the Oilers would trade Draisaitl for. Bedard, MacKinnon, Makar and Matthews would be considered. Roy/Brodeur in their prime are the only goalies the Oilers would consider. Shesterkin would only happen if Drai said he isn't going to re-sign.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This did not age well. They are on the cusp of potentially winning the whole thing. Skinner has real good. They are going to run mcd and drai until they can’t anymore.
Doesn’t work that way. The Oilers don’t receive a trophy for winning three in a row. They win a trophy for winning four of seven. Still one game to go, and no I don’t think Stuart Skinner’s .901 SV% is starting level in the playoffs. It’s a miracle they’ve gotten this far with such bad goaltending.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
If centers are so valuable and goalies aren’t, explain the Oilers. Potentially the two best centers in the league and terrible goaltending. Panthers with good, not as amazing, centers and good goaltending are up 3-1.
Think we will get the full explanation on Monday it's comedic when people talk before a series is over.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Doesn’t work that way. The Oilers don’t receive a trophy for winning three in a row. They win a trophy for winning four of seven. Still one game to go, and no I don’t think Stuart Skinner’s .901 SV% is starting level in the playoffs. It’s a miracle they’ve gotten this far with such bad goaltending.
Edmonton is 1 game away and has all the momentum. Skinner only let in 1 in game 4 and 1 in game 6 against the best in the East. It doesn’t matter if the other teams ran up the score in less significant games.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Think we will get the full explanation on Monday it's comedic when people talk before a series is over.
Isn’t that what you’re doing?

So you want the website shut down until a winner is declared?

Edmonton is 1 game away and has all the momentum. Skinner only let in 1 in game 4 and 1 in game 6 against the best in the East. It doesn’t matter if the other teams ran up the score in less significant games.
They are all significant games. 16 wins. Over an extended sample, he’s bad at his job.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Doesn’t work that way. The Oilers don’t receive a trophy for winning three in a row. They win a trophy for winning four of seven. Still one game to go

Do you not grasp that they wouldn't be one win away without his goaltending?

and no I don’t think Stuart Skinner’s .901 SV% is starting level in the playoffs. It’s a miracle they’ve gotten this far with such bad goaltending.

:laugh:

He could be the Cup winning goalie 72hrs from now, but you don't even think he reaches the level of being a starting goalie. You're special. With your obvious genius for evaluating talent I simply cannot understand why NHL teams aren't beating down your door to hire you as head scout or GM.

Over an extended sample, he’s bad at his job.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Do you not grasp that they wouldn't be one win away without his goaltending?

:laugh:

He could be the Cup winning goalie 72hrs from now, but you don't even think he reaches the level of being a starting goalie. You're special. With your obvious genius for evaluating talent I simply cannot understand why NHL teams aren't beating down your door to hire you as head scout or GM.

Stop embarrassing yourself.
You are defending a player who by any objective measure does not do his job well. Believe me, if Edmonton loses game 7 the first thing they will go to is blaming their goaltending for not being Cup winning material.

Why do you know better than everyone else?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
You are defending a player who by any objective measure does not do his job well. Believe me, if Edmonton loses game 7 the first thing they will go to is blaming their goaltending for not being Cup winning material.

Why do you know better than everyone else?
Something and someone always gets blamed. But, even so, playing that game, players who have been bigger passengers than Skinner. Nurse, Nuge, bigger passengers, even McLeod only had 1 in 36.
Look at all the players that got blamed in New York even though they made it to the eastern finals.
No one says the other team was simply better. Florida didn’t simply get outplayed they choked. It’s always hyperbole.

Improving on Skinner to Shester is not worthwhile if it’s going to cost Drai. You have to pick your weaknesses in a cap world. Do you spend on a goalie or forwards or D. There is no perfect team. Yet, Florida and Edmonton have enough strengths in enough areas to have got them this far. One will simply get a little further and win the cup. Who that is, depends on a lot of factors, namely luck. Yet they have managed to make it that far, everyone else hasn’t.

Reactions: Macheteops

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
nobody but the Rangers deserve a tendy like Igor, they took the chance on him and DRAFTED him, they DEVELOPED HIM, nobody else decided to have patience in Igor but NY. The vultures and rats that have yet to put stock in goal-tending don't deserve to poach someone like Shestyorkin off NYR just because, f*** that.

Mods, delete the thread.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
nobody but the Rangers deserve a tendy like Igor, they took the chance on him and DRAFTED him, they DEVELOPED HIM, nobody else decided to have patience in Igor but NY. The vultures and rats that have yet to put stock in goal-tending don't deserve to poach someone like Shestyorkin off NYR just because, f*** that.

Mods, delete the thread.
I'm still bitter about trading Marc Savard and Doug Weight but take chill pill, my man.

Reactions: AirGut and Dijock94

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
I wonder if Igor would have stopped that big soft goal in game 7?

Draisaitl certainly didnt show up to the finals.

Oilers would be lifting Lords Stanleys Cup right now had this trade been made.

;)
Considering Igor didn’t get the Rangers to the finals, how do you know the Oilers, minus Draisaitl, would’ve even made it that far, much less win it all?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ullmark just went for a downgrade and spare parts, Shesterkin doesn't even come close to getting Draisaitl.

Skinner+Broberg+1st at best.
The issue with what you’re saying is this.

We’re talking about the goalie around the league that has the most value. Ullmark is very good, but didn’t even have the most value on his own team. Markstrom who is worse went for more. You can’t look at one trade in isolation to approximate a trade for a different category of player.

We are going to ask for the moon to trade Igor. You are going to ask for the moon to trade Drai. The idea that there’s some way to approximate value for both is silly. If one of those super trades happen it’s likely to just be a trade that both sides aren’t happy with and the value doesn’t add up to both sides. I’m not advocating for this trade, but I genuinely don’t think you guys could get Igor without including one of McDrai. And with that, I think the conclusion is that there’s no trade to be made.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Ullmark just went for a downgrade and spare parts, Shesterkin doesn't even come close to getting Draisaitl.

Skinner+Broberg+1st at best.
bold is true but just b'c Bs jumped out a window after getting bent over, does not mean Rs will follow

Shesty wherever for top $ or no deal
he is like 5.6 this season

w/Leafs needing to do something dif to change trajectory/not repeat last few seasons, I see
Shesty + Zib +
for
Nylander +

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad