GDT: Oilers@Rangers - 11AM - on Rogers Bet Net

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
Have a nice flight back to Bakersfield, Bro.
Take it easy on him man. His hand might be sore from his knife incident. Hard to tie up sticks.

RNH had a pathetic end to that period. Looked like a 6 year old strength wise, loses his battle, almost leads to a goal.

team looks like sh** as usual.

Guys still flying the zone on breakouts.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
When do they even consider moving Drai or McDavid? Obviously they aren't there yet, but eventually they need to look at it. This team has so many issues, so many holes, and keeps on getting the same, inconstant play and results. So, sticking with the same old, same old, doesn't make much sense IMO.

That being said, they would need a whole new front office and management staff in place to do that. I just don't see this team having the success that they seek, too many issues with this roster and organization.

I, also, would like to see McDavid play some meaningful hockey on a team that actually has the ability to compete and win.
Katz would never allow it. Holland doesn't even have the stones to trade away prospects from 6 years ago, trading McD or Drai he would have an aneurysm.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
When do they even consider moving Drai or McDavid? Obviously they aren't there yet, but eventually they need to look at it. This team has so many issues, so many holes, and keeps on getting the same, inconstant play and results. So, sticking with the same old, same old, doesn't make much sense IMO.

That being said, they would need a whole new front office and management staff in place to do that. I just don't see this team having the success that they seek, too many issues with this roster and organization.

I, also, would like to see McDavid play some meaningful hockey on a team that actually has the ability to compete and win.

No offense, but these takes are so sad. Takes like that show a lot of fans deserve how garbage this team has been lately.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
90 shots and 2 goals to show for it in the last 7 periods.everyone in here bitching at Holland and woodcroft. When do the players take the blame???
Yamamoto 3 pts for 3 million
Puljujarvi 4 pts for 3 million
Foegle 4 pts for 2.75 million

Nothing but passengers collecting pay checks on bottom 6 its gross. Get rid of those guys for pucks and water bottles atleast clear some cap.

it's no wonder mcdrai play so much they the only ones who can produce FFS

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
No offense, but these takes are so sad. Takes like that show a lot of fans deserve how garbage this team has been lately.
Ok, do you see this current team winning the cup over the next 4 years? I don't. They seem too far behind the competition to me, by a fair bit. So, I'm not sure what the options are, I guess they could empty the cupboards (trade picks, prospects, younger players), and go for it. To me, that's just not going to be enough.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
lol the amount of holes, gaps, and space in our Dxone compared to theirs is night and day. It’s actually appalling how easy of a time teams have moving the puck around in our zone.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Maybe they’ll be nice and make it only 5. One can hope
Frustrating
We all joke about it but it is very frustrating. It’s grey and raining here today and a North wind. That adds to the depressing state of affairs
We can’t be this terrible

Reactions: Oilhawks

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
90 shots and 2 goals to show for it in the last 7 periods.everyone in here bitching at Holland and woodcroft. When do the players take the blame???

Nothing but passengers collecting pay checks on bottom 6 its gross. Get rid of those guys for pucks and water bottles atleast clear some cap.

McDavid has 35 points and is plus 1. He's not really helping right now.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
I hate when they show the 80's cup wins. It feels like they are just toying with everyone.

"See this? You will never experience this again, you stupid f***ing bastard"!

• Haha
Reactions: Sanchez

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Paul Coffey is still a "special advisor" to the Oilers?

Looking at this defence I wonder what advice he is dispensing?

• Haha
Reactions: Sanchez

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
lol the amount of holes, gaps, and space in our Dxone compared to theirs is night and day. It’s actually appalling how easy of a time teams have moving the puck around in our zone.
We have no cycle game to speak of, just trying to score on the rush every shift.
Convinced this group is not as bad as they are playing, but either Woodcroft refuses to adapt from his deny entry, exit, stretch pass to rush chance strategy or he did and the players are tuning him out.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo

Who acquired and gave out those contracts?

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Frustrating
We all joke about it but it is very frustrating. It’s grey and raining here today and a North wind. That adds to the depressing state of affairs
We can’t be this terrible
Looks we can be. I think so much of it is a simple lack of mental effort.

Apart from the Janmark penalty-- there were a couple of times early in the game where I thought the Oilers were offside by virtue of the fact that they are simply not paying much attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad