Proposal: Oilers Offseason Adjustment

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Zach Hyman kinda is the perfect type of player for a team like Edmonton.
They could use a few of those types....
Hard nose, lunch pale guys that can play with your superstars.

Personally..... and it won't happen. But trade Draisaitl for a bunch of these.

To Ottawa
Draisaitl
(Filler)

To Edmonton
Tkachuk
Brown
Paul

OV Rocks

Jan 5, 2014
Beach with Beer
A trade between the Oilers and Caps for Kuznetsov would be really interesting. When drafted, Kuznetsov was a winger, and I think most Caps fans would agree, that he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire as a center. Put him back on the wing of McDavid and it would be very interesting to watch.

I have no idea who would be coming back from the Oilers in that deal though.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Avs probably lost for nothing Graves to Seatle.
Khaira can be a good and fast 4th center line and Avs save some money. Byram take Graves place. And with money we can sign à good 2Line winger or #4 Rhd.
Graves wouldn't be lost for nothing. Every team will lose somethng. If Avs give Graves away for cheap they'll also end up losing Donskoi.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
The reality seems to be that free agents just aren’t attracted to Edmonton, and I don’t think that having McDavid is enough of a draw for a UFA to want to sign with the Oilers.

So, one can point to all the cap space that Edmonton will have soon, but what good will it be if no one wants to sign there? And if the Oilers do manage to deal for players with some term left, what if they bolt once their deals are up?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The reality seems to be that free agents just aren’t attracted to Edmonton, and I don’t think that having McDavid is enough of a draw for a UFA to want to sign with the Oilers.

So, one can point to all the cap space that Edmonton will have soon, but what good will it be if no one wants to sign there? And if the Oilers do manage to deal for players with some term left, what if they bolt once their deals are up?
The real reality is that there isn't enough money to go around for star players right now. That's why a number of good players signed short term deals last summer. Here's hoping Holland finds some good deals like Barrie was once again.

Reactions: Ragdoll

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I don’t think there are quick fixes for the Oiler. DON’T BE THE SABRES! Their depth is just not close to being good enough for the playoffs. They need to pull a ton of prospects out of these last few drafts to turn this team into a real contender anytime soon.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Oilers should go after theese UFA:s:

- Zach Hyman
- Mikael Granlund
- Mattias Järnmark
- Joel Armia

Players who can play any position in the lineup with some skill and are pretty cheap considering what they bring.

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
Oilers should go after theese UFA:s:

- Zach Hyman
- Mikael Granlund
- Mattias Järnmark
- Joel Armia

Players who can play any position in the lineup with some skill and are pretty cheap considering what they bring.

Take Hyman off that list, he's staying in Toronto

Reactions: Hitemwith4

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Take Hyman off that list, he's staying in Toronto

Fair enough. I just think Oilers should rather for 3rd tier players, that actually bring skill with less cost, than go for Hoffmann, Hall, Palmieri, Landeskog etc.
Granlund, Armia, Järnmark and Hyman can be had for a lot less and are really good complimentary players

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Isnt Hyman 29 years old???Like the player but signing him long term may not be the greatest idea

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Sergei Bobrovsky likely played his last game as a Panther. If they buy him out at 50%, Oilers could use him.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
The Oilers should buy low on Matt Duchene, sign Tomas Tatar, sell high on Darnell Nurse and use half the assets to get a defender or two from Seattle.

What they'll actually do: sign Mike Hoffman and Tyler Bozak, extend Nurse, sign more washed up vets to fill out the roster.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
The Oilers should buy low on Matt Duchene, sign Tomas Tatar, sell high on Darnell Nurse and use half the assets to get a defender or two from Seattle.

What they'll actually do: sign Mike Hoffman and Tyler Bozak, extend Nurse, sign more washed up vets to fill out the roster.

Trade the guy who played sixty minutes in a do or die playoff game and is your top defenseman. Yeah, that'll fix a lot of issues the team has on the back end.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Trade the guy who played sixty minutes in a do or die playoff game and is your top defenseman. Yeah, that'll fix a lot of issues the team has on the back end.
Look for hard working players,scour the AHL ,KHL etc and find hungry players looking for their shot to play in the bottom 6/bottom pair...Sign a couple of moderate top 6 wingers,and break up MacD and Drai and roll 4 lines...Let them start to play as a team ,and by cutting your very best,s ice time u will get far more out of them

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017

Sure, TOI is how you judge defensemen. That's why Rasmus Ristolainen was elite for so many years.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Look for hard working players,scour the AHL ,KHL etc and find hungry players looking for their shot to play in the bottom 6/bottom pair...Sign a couple of moderate top 6 wingers,and break up MacD and Drai and roll 4 lines...Let them start to play as a team ,and by cutting your very best,s ice time u will get far more out of them

I completely agree with you here. Also need a goalie.

A tall order but a capable GM should be able to pull it off.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I completely agree with you here. Also need a goalie.

A tall order but a capable GM should be able to pull it off.
Its kind how people like Nick Paul for us,people seem to forget he was 5 years in the making...But in the end we produced a good bottom guy...Ditto for a guy like Bishop whom we just signed hard working just looking for shot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad