Oilers lose 7-1: Eakins' swan song?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Hindsight is 20/20. With the defence the Flyers have this year it doesn't really matter who is in the net. Bob was looking grim during that time of the trade.

This Eakins presser does indeed sound like a final post game presser no? Sounds like he's talking about the players as a past. Saying THEY can, but it seems he doesn't think he'll be around

He has to be fired.

I'll say this, Eakins has shown what he can do with a competent roster. This roster has never shown any sort of success whatsoever.

A coaching change might bring a brief boost to the team but this roster is flawed top to bottom

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
Blackhawks only had one guy above 20 minutes. Must be nice have depth.

At least Shultz wasn't above 20 minutes.

When a team is blowing another team out of the water they usually spread the ice time around and give young / bottom 6 guys more icetime.

Butane Fan

Jan 29, 2013
Cowtown
We don't need anymore forwards other than grinders. So this McDavid thing has nothing for me unless we package him and deal him. We need a real goalie and real stud D. It boggles my mind that Leddy and Boychuk both wound up on the Islanders and we have the pylons we have. Drop the dime to Marty he may want some extra cash. if we can get a stop or two in the first we won't be chasing the game. Oh Goaltender coach needs to be turfed.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Wana give me the short and sweet version?
Season ticket holder from Red Deer that won't be going to any more games. He says Katz already has his new arena coming so why should he care and what a joke it was that Katz went to bat for Lowe last year when the fan campaign to turf him was going on. He feels bad for guys like RNH and Hall. Also urged Oiler fans to stop buying jerseys and tickets.

Kayen

SLAPPAPPYSHEV
Apr 28, 2009
The North
UGH! Just saw the players get booed on the way to the dressing room. Absolutely HATE that. Silence ok, but really dislike booing. I know it's part of sports, it's just my opinion.

Losing a pile of games in a row badly and showing no heart? I don't know why you hate it. They deserves all the boos all the fans can muster. This team is a pile of ****

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Season ticket holder from Red Deer that won't be going to any more games. He says Katz already has his new arena coming so why should he care and what a joke it was that Katz went to bat for Lowe last year when the fan campaign to turf him was going on. He feels bad for guys like RNH and Hall. Also urged Oiler fans to stop buying jerseys and tickets.

Preach that ****! :yo:

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
When the leafs were looking for coaches yet they still let Eakiins go should tell ya!

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
wow, guy calls in 1260 and says we need to wait 2 more years for our farm team to magically make the team better. Basically blames the lack of farm team years ago. 3 #1 picks dude. Spending to the cap dude. If this team can't get out of 30th in the league how is 2 more years of developing Kale Kessy gonna help?

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

I'm also from Red Deer, I haven't went to an Oilers game in over a year.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Now this caller is dumping all over Lowe. :clap:

According to the hosts Katz was at the last two games.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
We don't need anymore forwards other than grinders. So this McDavid thing has nothing for me unless we package him and deal him. We need a real goalie and real stud D. It boggles my mind that Leddy and Boychuk both wound up on the Islanders and we have the pylons we have. Drop the dime to Marty he may want some extra cash. if we can get a stop or two in the first we won't be chasing the game. Oh Goaltender coach needs to be turfed.

If they get McDavid and he's the one traded, I'm done.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland

Won't happen but I like the enthusiasm. Matter of the fact is the oilers games are corporate now. Much like the Leafs. IF there were many passionate fans the booing/cheers start at 4-0. Not 20 Seconds left in a 7-1 game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad