GDT: Oilers@ LEAFS, 7:00pm, TV: TSN RADIO: TSN 1050

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve336

Mar 21, 2017
Not sure why Oilers fans are so upset. Seems like inducing unnecessary stress to me.

They should try to feel the way we feel about them, we don't care at all about the Oilers?

Hopefully a fun game tonight.
GO LEAFS GO!

Exactly. I often read through the opposing teams threads during games and am astonished at how much animosity there is and how often they mention how Leafs fans are attacking them. Half the time I don't know more than 1-2 players on their team nor do I pay their team any attention whatsoever, never crosses my mind. Especially western teams. Guess it's a bit of a complex from smaller markets.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Who says we're going into the playoffs ? a couple of weeks ago you lot were ready to burn it down , a few wins and suddenly we're winning the cup ? He's gone after this year so why not look for a replacement who will take a show me contract ? Or even better an nhl ready elc who isn't fitting into his current system .
Your not really in a position to question me if you don't accept the reality of his situation and want to make the best of it .

By a few wins, do you mean 15 going on 16?

Sorry I'm not enthusiastic about trading our best offensive D for a guy who can only get a "show me" contract or a non NHLer who isn't wanted by his team while we're in a contending year lol.

We already got those two exact player descriptions this summer in Ceci and Harpur, you should already be satisfied.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Their entire GDT is bashing Leaf fans and the Leafs.

Yet one poster claims Leaf fans have an inferiority complex.

The irony is so strong lmao
That poster is a brain dead hater. I dont even get how we would have an inferiority complex? Its Edmonton lol not Vancouver or Montreal where atleast you can argue they have a great performing and developing economy/ potentially better night life/culture etc.

If the Oilers were a constant playoff team and we hated on them sure we could potentially have a inferiority complex. They have been the worst team in the league since the cap came into place. I can kinda get when the Bruins say that or another sick team from a great city(even though I dont agree) but Edmonton is Edmonton nothing elite about that team/fanbase/city

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
Went by the Oilers board to read their GDT while waiting to go in for my physio appt earlier, and good grief - pair 'inherent obnoxiousness' with 'raging insecurities' and a dash of 'need to grasp ahold of something, anything' and you've got the recipe for an HFboards Oilers fan. I play pick-up with a guy here who grew up in Edmonton but abandoned them years ago and he said something years ago that stuck with me when he said 'Oilers fan don't cheer for the Oilers to win as much as they cheer for the opponent to lose to the Oilers.'

Honestly, if my team turned me into that sports fan misanthrope I'd need to have a long look at myself and my relationship with it.

Anyways, hope Keefe makes sure the team is on point and dialed in and not looking through this opponent, as much as the players are probably licking their chops at all the exploiting that may be there to be had tonight. Go Leafs Go!

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
That poster is a brain dead hater. I dont even get how we would have an inferiority complex? Its Edmonton lol not Vancouver or Montreal where atleast you can argue they have a great performing and developing economy/ potentially better night life/culture etc.

If the Oilers were a constant playoff team and we hated on them sure we could potentially have a inferiority complex. They have been the worst team in the league since the cap came into place. I can kinda get when the Bruins say that or another sick team from a great city(even though I dont agree) but Edmonton is Edmonton nothing elite about that team/fanbase/city

I rarely see Oilers fans trolling or anti leafs here. Mind you I have a very large ignore list so that makes sense. Lol.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Their entire GDT is bashing Leaf fans and the Leafs.

Yet one poster claims Leaf fans have an inferiority complex.

The irony is so strong lmao

lmao It's hilarious cause they might be the worst run pro sports team in North America, beating out the Cleveland Browns.
Recap of the last decade

Four 1st overall picks
A third overall pick
A 7th overall pick
A 10th overall pick

And they're still garbage

The land where prospects go to die

Reactions: Saint Blue

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
So what if it is. I doubt all of our GDT titles have been troll free.

In the end, who cares what goes on in their GDT's. I really dont understand why people waste time in theirs or any other team's GDT and vice versa when they come here.

We're fine.

I just ask this board not to be a ***** and **** on the city, Be better than that Its a nice city to live in.

:clap::clap::clap:
Always nice to see some maturity.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
The biggest positive to Babcocks firing aside from the team no longer playing like they’re skating in quicksand is the fact I haven’t seen a single “Egocock” mention for a long time. (I was definitely a proponent of the coaching change, but always found that cringey)
Its still around. You've been lucky.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
How is their title not trolling?
Who cares? Why are you going to their thread anyways? They've got mods watching that **** too. You must love collecting infractions.

Like I said earlier, I doubt we've gone troll free in our GDT titles or PGT titles. Congrats to them for figuring out 2019-1967. Dont act all whoa is us.

Again I live in Edmonton, I've heard nothing but 52 years and "six-ty se-ven" and "we've at least one during the era of color tv's" from all my co-workers, friends and family today. I laugh it off and take jabs at them too. No need to act all butt hurt.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Who cares? Why are you going to their thread anyways? They've got mods watching that **** too. You must love collecting infractions.

Like I said earlier, I doubt we've gone troll free in our GDT titles or PGT titles. Congrats to them for figuring out 2019-1967. Dont act all whoa is us.

Again I live in Edmonton, I've heard nothing but 52 years and "six-ty se-ven" and "we've at least one during the era of color tv's" from all my co-workers, friends and family today. I laugh it off and take jabs at them too. No need to act all butt hurt.

Who cares what they put in their GDT on their own board? Why be offended? Look what's been going on here. People shitting over Winnipeg and Edmonton as cities. Is that any better?

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
f*** Edmonton. I watched the Toronto Raptors win a Championship last year, what the hell have they seen? A Grey Cup? They can suck it.

Reactions: Leaf4Life

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
The media keeps pushing this McDavid/Matthews rivalry. They even booted the Canucks from HNIC for the Leafs Western road trip to put this matchup center stage. Yet TSN is blacking out this game, rather than airing it nationally?!

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton

Well thats not exactly all true. Yes Vancouver and Montreal night life is far better than Edmonton but everything else you said is completely false.

Im from here. Its a great place to live and is growing out a tonne over the past 10-15 years. Sure its cold af here. Its Canada we deal with 7-8 months a year.

Stick with your shots on the team but grow up and leave the city and everything else alone. Do better.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
giphy.gif

The power of Christ compels you!

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
honestly who cares? I've never seen fanbases like the Western ones for irrational hate for a city and team that doesn't give one **** about them. It's pathetic.

This. It's sad how they try to create these fake "rivalries" when we really don't give a rats ass about their teams lol.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Who cares what they put in their GDT on their own board? Why be offended? Look what's been going on here. People ****ting over Winnipeg and Edmonton as cities. Is that any better?
They're cutting the Leafs up for not winning anything in 52 years. Who ****** cares. Great they can do basic math.

We've got guys in our board taking shots at a city and lifestyle where some of its own posters Live like Edmonton and Winnipeg. I couldnt believe the ******** I read in the Winnipeg gdt

Its a thread title for Christs sake.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC

Poor Linda Blair

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Compared to any big city in Ontario: In Edmonton, you get paid way more on average, pay 5% sales tax instead of the 13% in Ontario, pay less income tax, pay less on fuel etc... I'd rather live where I can make more money and keep the money that I'm earning.

To each their own but you could pay me 50% more and I still wouldn't move to Edmonton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad