GDT: Oilers@ LEAFS, 7:00pm, TV: TSN RADIO: TSN 1050

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019
That period leaves a lot more to desired. Some chances. Doesn't Smith always seem to have the Leafs' number? Or at least he used to.

The PP's for Edmonton didn't help swing momentum, but that second call was BS.

Leafs need to be quicker and cleaner with the puck. Losing too many battles.

ya Leafs need to play better no matter what. They had trouble getting the puck out. Were only down 1-0 and we know this team can explode at any moment. Probably one of the worst periods in the Keefe era and only down 1-0

Reactions: LeafGrief

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
His stats in the last 10 games or so say otherwise,

if you say so.

Obviously I disagree with the OP that he's pathetic, but he is definitely in a drought the past few games. Aside from the empty net goal he hasn't been able to finish on numerous grade A chances. Really hope he breaks out of it soon.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Let's see the adjustments in the 2nd.
Do we really want to mess with something that has been working so ridiculously well for 10 games?

But it is a bit of a problem I guess. We don't have any line now that would be a competent shut down line.

Nylander shouldn't be on a shut down line. Neither should Matthews. And I don't think our 3rd/4th lines are capable either. It's the one flaw with these lines. Hyman/Tavares/Marner was the best line we could probably put out as a shut down line.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Leafs had two open shots from our 2 best goal scorers in the slot. Score could easily be different.

Agreed. The ice felt tilted but the 2 powerplays had a lot to do with it. When we had chances, they were deadly chances.

Give us 3-4 of those a period and I feel pretty confident.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Some absolutely garbage officiating tonight. Holl gets tripped up and crosschecked a few seconds before his hold, but that doesn't get called, yet a dive does.

There better be some makeup calls in the 2nd.

Reactions: 18leafsfan18

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Do we really want to mess with something that has been working so ridiculously well for 10 games?

But it is a bit of a problem I guess. We don't have any line now that would be a competent shut down line.

Nylander shouldn't be on a shut down line. Neither should Matthews. And I don't think our 3rd/4th lines are capable either. It's the one flaw with these lines. Hyman/Tavares/Marner was the best line we could probably put out as a shut down line.

I mean strategy adjustments. It's not Babs, Keefe will make adjustments to the system.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
the way we turn it on lately half way through the second and on to the third period im not worried about trailing by one after one.

we have been the rope a dope team lately. give them some hope and joy then bam games turned and its out of reach

DutchHockeyGuy

Mar 8, 2007
Why can't the Leafs get some homer commentator for their games like every other team in the league. Everytime this guy says Eeeethan Beeeeear I cringe. Sounds like watching the Oilers broadcast.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Tavares has to start bury some of these grade A chances that he has had over the last twenty games. Getting ridiculous.
Andersen has played really well to keep the Leafs in it.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019

We really only have 1 option...outskate them and hold on to the puck. Keep it out of McDavid's hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad